Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,785 members, 7,844,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist (17210 Views)

The Dangers Of Chewing Gum / What Are The Benefits Of Chewing Bitter Kola / Any Cosmetic Dentist In Nigeria For Teeth whiten Smile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Caseless: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
dominique:

Best of both worlds, I like that. Thought I was the only one that finds it difficult to swallow saliva after the day is spent. They sure don't make toothpastes like they used to.
u are not the only one that find it difficult to swallow saliva after some hrs, such is my case too. gone are days when Mc-holdent was the choice and we enjoyed it.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by phatymoh: 10:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
am a dental therapist, if u say chewing sticks are beta than toothbrush bcs it contains tannin. Did u knw dat most of dis chewing cause intrinsic stains e.g pako ayan, dongo yaro, ori ata e.t.c. It is only pako ijebu dat does nt causes stain. There ar many disadv of CS, it is a stick it can enter d interdental space jst like toothpick dat is y 'dental floss' is being pescribe to use , it can injure d gum if nt careful, it doesnt brush d posterior tooth thoroughly. Using toothbrush and chewing doesnt stop u frm having dental prob bcs there some particles on ur tooth dat dey cant remove anymore lik dental calculus, extrinsic stains and so on. The best thing 2 do is to jst visit a dental clinic evry 6mnths for washing ur teeth(scaling and polishing).
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Zagaza: 1:16am On Nov 01, 2013
As a yankee licensed dentist.i do not approve of this message(Title).Do yourself a favor and get a toothbrush,toothpaste, floss and some mouthwash. grin
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Dhotseal(m): 7:17am On Nov 01, 2013
Bloody Crap! Some average dentist who couldn't cut it in real medicine allows himself to go on record in this year of our Lord two thousand and thirteen promoting chewing stick over toothbrush. What haven't we seen from these jokers?

@ op, isn't it laughable that u didn't care to enlighten us on the nature of acrid breath from those so called village elders or is it that Dr 'Okitipupa' doesn't know that nobody wants to kiss those 'chewingstick wielding oldies'

To set the whole issue to rest, Op, pls let ur partner use just chewing stick for a month. I'm sure ur next article would be at d Romance section..."MY RELATIONSHIP IS IS TROUBLE, HER BREATH STINKS"
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by Dhotseal(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2013
olajide21: How beautiful is my deen of Al - Islam. Prophet Mohammad (May peace be upon him, his household, his companions and those who follow his step till the end of time) advised us to use siwak (chewing stick) on most occasions. Dear all, such is the extent of message the prophet passed unto us. There are a lot more which the so called science is just acknowledging after over 1400 years! Peace be unto you all.

I'm pretty sure he also said something about his camels or donkey, so tell us, what us the state of your camels or donkeys. Dude, I am sure ur prophet also said something about you having a brain. Listen to him and use it.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by christiscomin: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2013
I have been practising this long ago when a muslim guy told me its importance as commanded by their prophet... I was surprise at what i saw.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by 3ace(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yunglord111: I use chewin stick = U be bush boy?
I use toothbrush = Chewin stick is beta
--------------------------
Let me go to skul to knw d difference
I go skul = Strike
I no go skul = poverty
Ok let me skul abroad
I travel by air = Plane crash
by sea = Militant
by land = kidnappers nd robbers
Ok i need advise
i go to church = Boko haram
go to village = witchcraft
stays at home = wife wahala

Yet u will stil argue dat 9ja is not d capital of hell
All iz well
I can see you're really using this concept very well. At first, you got 53 likes. Now it is 32 likes and still counting; hope you're thinking of another one cos dis one go soon sha.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by 3ace(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
I know it's good but I can't use it alone. Will have to combine both cos chewing stick doesn't give you fresh breath.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by 3ace(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
rafcrown:
You are wrong-a dentist from abroad once stated that chewing sticks and toothbrush are both HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.P always start with chewing stick then brush afterwards.
This is what I intend to start doing.
Re: Chewing Sticks Are Better Than Toothbrushes - Dentist by tosin2013: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
olajide21: How beautiful is my deen of Al - Islam. Prophet Mohammad (May peace be upon him, his household, his companions and those who follow his step till the end of time) advised us to use siwak (chewing stick) on most occasions. Dear all, such is the extent of message the prophet passed unto us. There are a lot more which the so called science is just acknowledging after over 1400 years! Peace be unto you all.

Thanks for d observation my brother. The beautyof Islam is everlasting. No matter how long the truth keeps shining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangers Of Self Medication! / Two-Inch Feather Emerges From Baby's Neck / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.