Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,902 members, 7,863,101 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (422180 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2015
MULLAH123:

Good morning guys, how many words will make a 100 page ebook, please. Thanks.
CC: doyinisaac, kay29000, g12, mk82, ferhyntorlah, thegoodjoe.
Let's just say approximately less than 30000 words...

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
doyinisaac:
Let's just say approximately less than 30000 words...

I'm so glad to know you are still a part of this forum and I'm hoping your account has been re-instated.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by doyinisaac(m): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Godmother:

I'm so glad to know you are still a part of this forum and I'm hoping your account has been re-instated.
no..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
doyinisaac:
no..

Hmmm, na wa. It is well.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by taddat(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by slim49z(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2015
@MK82 and the rest of the gang.

I need your honest opinion. Is Kindle publishing still profitable? I want to venture into Kindle but the grapevine has it it's no more profitable.

How true is that?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
slim49z:
@MK82 and the rest of the gang.

I need your honest opinion. Is Kindle publishing still profitable? I want to venture into Kindle but the grapevine has it it's no more profitable.

How true is that?
Kindle is still profitable. The problem is that the game has changed and most people can't adapt to the changes.
It's no longer as easy as it was. No more free money from book borrows, free promotions are not as effective as before, more books are being published (over 85,000 per month) and so on.
Big time publishers are not helping matters. They are upping the game by bringing in a lot of money and expertize which most indie publishers can't compete against. You need bigger and better quality books. Alternatively, you have to be creative to find hidden niches where smaller books still sell.
You can succeed if you adopt a publisher's mindset.
My online publishing business is now spread evenly across Kdp, Createspace and Draft2digital (to get into iBooks, Barnes and Noble,Kobo, Oyster). And my income is still rising.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
girlfromafrica:
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

Your books seem quite interesting and I'd like to read most if not all.
Just keep publishing and soon you will smile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by slim49z(m): 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
mk82:

Kindle is still profitable. The problem is that the game has changed and most people can't adapt to the changes.
It's no longer as easy as it was. No more free money from book borrows, free promotions are not as effective as before, more books are being published (over 85,000 per month) and so on.
Big time publishers are not helping matters. They are upping the game by bringing in a lot of money and expertize which most indie publishers can't compete against. You need bigger and better quality books. Alternatively, you have to be creative to find hidden niches where smaller books still sell.
You can succeed if you adopt a publisher's mindset.
My online publishing business is now spread evenly across Kdp, Createspace and Draft2digital (to get into iBooks, Barnes and Noble,Kobo, Oyster). And my income is still rising.

Thanks!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by chineduho: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
mk82
Where can i find the link of my published book so i can promote the book.
2. i setup a 2 days book promo and i couldnt find a link to the book so i couldnt market it. Now i dont even know where/how to chek the stats for the book to know if any one downloaded.
How do i find these

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by chineduho: 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
O.Y.O things i guess
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by olaexpo14(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2015
Hello sirs/mas here,
i understand that one has to submit my "tax identification number", but i dont have one,please how can i go about it
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2015
olaexpo14:
Hello sirs/mas here,
i understand that one has to submit my "tax identification number", but i dont have one,please how can i go about it

No you don't, at least I didn't.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by olaexpo14(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2015
then how did you go about the tax interview
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
olaexpo14:
Hello sirs/mas here,
You don't have to submit any tax ID.
As a Nigerian, you have to pay 30% withholding tax to the USA from your Kdp royalty. This is because Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with America.
Login to your account and check on the upper right side, you'll see where to click to update your tax information. Go
through all the steps to let them know you're in Nigeria, has no tax ID and choose individual as your designation. Also agree to give your signature electronically and then type in your name as the signature then click save.

NB. I have answered this question in previous pages. It would be nice if those of you who are new can read from the first page. You will then have fewer questions. The thread is just 50 pages and a lot of questions have been answered already.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 23, 2015
@mk82, after opening account with payionee online, i was given an "account reference number" through my imail. pls what is the meaning of account reference number?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2015
stardragon:
@mk82, after opening account with payionee online, i was given an "account reference number" through my imail. pls what is the meaning of account reference number?
I think you'll only need it if your account has any problems before it's fully operational. it's just for reference purposes.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 23, 2015
mk82:

I think you'll only need it if your account has any problems before it's fully operational. it's just for reference purposes.
ok, its just invalid?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by FreeGlobe(f): 9:13am On Nov 27, 2015
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 01, 2015
taddat:

I like to buy unpublished ebook from you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2015
girlfromafrica:
@MK82

I have followed this thread closely and almost too passionately not just because of the prospect of passive income but from knowing that I can make money doing what I love; writing. Thanks for starting this thread.

I have published three books to date. Below are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXAD5U

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH0NJUS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLXABXO

However, I have only been able to get very very few sales. I have tried all sorts of free and paid promotion. I really don't think my books are as hideous as my sales make them look. I have about twenty other books to write but sales from my first three books are discouraging. Please could you kindly give me your opinion on this matter? Also are kindle books still profitable?
Please I am open to advice and criticisms from everyone. Thanks.

I checked your links.

The reason for your poor sales is so very obvious. Infact I could see from a mile away. The moment I saw the books my first thought was "Yeah right!"

First of all your books are in a great niche.

But you have not positioned yourself properly. If you want I could work with you on just one of your books. I wont charge you a penny at least not until you see real results.

After that you can decide whether you want to go on your own or let me help you with the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by olaexpo14(m): 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ganoderma:

I checked your links.

The reason for your poor sales is so very obvious. Infact I could see from a mile away. The moment I saw the books my first thought was "Yeah right!"

First of all your books are in a great niche.

But you have not positioned yourself properly. If you want I could work with you on just one of your books. I wont charge you a penny at least not until you see real results.

After that you can decide whether you want to go on your own or let me help you with the rest.

bro aw far, lets talk nah
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 02, 2015
olaexpo14:

bro aw far, lets talk nah

What have you got
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
Aren't there any Nigerian online publishing sites? who knows of any, please share.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
mk82:

1. You can start without d payoneer card.
2. D bank details is for your American bank acct not local bank.
3. You have to fill the tax details as a formality. there is really no information to supply since u are a Nigerian. Just tick the necessary boxes and write ur name as the electronic signature.
am confuse here. should i register with my nigerian identity or foreign address which i dont have?

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kamnene(f): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mk82,
I sent u pm almost two weeks now but u have not replied it ,why now?
Pls, kindly check yr mail and advise me properly.tnks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by twosquare(m): 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
stardragon:

am confuse here. should i register with my nigerian identity or foreign address which i dont have?
Nigerian Identity.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
twosquare:
Nigerian Identity.
ok. Under U.S tax, should it be left blank?

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
kamnene:
Mk82,
I sent u pm almost two weeks now but u have not replied it ,why now?
Pls, kindly check yr mail and advise me properly.tnks
I don't have access to my nairaland email. Send your question to the gmail on my profile.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
stardragon:

ok. Under U.S tax, should it be left blank?

1. Register with your real Nigerian name and Nigerian address.
2. For the bank account, you need a USA bank account. Go to payoneer.com and register. When your card is approved, they will also give you a USA bank account. This is the bank account details you will add to your Kdp account.
3. TAX:
You don't need a tax ID.
As a Nigerian, you have to pay 30% withholding
tax to the USA from your Kdp royalty. This is because Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with America.
Login to your account and check on the upper
right side, you'll see where to click to update your tax information. Go through all the steps to let them know you're in Nigeria, has no tax ID and choose individual as your designation.
Also agree to give your signature electronically and then type in your name as the signature then click save.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2015
mk82:

1. Register with your real Nigerian name and Nigerian address.
2. For the bank account, you need a USA bank account. Go to payoneer.com and register. When your card is approved, they will also give you a USA bank account. This is the bank account details you will add to your Kdp account.
3. TAX:
You don't need a tax ID.
As a Nigerian, you have to pay 30% withholding
tax to the USA from your Kdp royalty. This is because Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with America.
Login to your account and check on the upper
right side, you'll see where to click to update your tax information. Go through all the steps to let them know you're in Nigeria, has no tax ID and choose individual as your designation.
Also agree to give your signature electronically and then type in your name as the signature then click save.
ok. thanks, i've published my book...

what of if i want to update my book or change some things in the book content, how should i go about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (202) (Reply)

Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.