Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. (43609 Views)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by komek(m): 7:30am On Nov 03, 2013
First to 'like' this chapter.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by enohbong: 7:32am On Nov 03, 2013
MmmmmmmmM lipsrsealed
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Warlord3000(m): 7:52am On Nov 03, 2013
Had to comment so as to automatically follow the thread again... Am in smiley
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Situation: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2013
BIA! BIA!. . . No even try this nonsense this morning, if
u know wetin good for u come update this thread
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ritababe(f): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
waiting
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Khaytunechi: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
there and back in time--> qlobalruns--> now we here.. Ozoiqbondu... all d way..
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Numerouuuno: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
i pity the jennifer o,she's gone through a lot.
Waiting for the next update....
Zuby77 rockssssssssss........
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by bigx(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
No vex, Let no one tell "Mr Foxy" we're here o! I didnt miss the Nursery rhymes

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Numerouuuno: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You've just told him.
How?
Once he uses nairaland search to find his name,your post will show up and he'll find himself here.
Cheers.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by bigx(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Numero uuuno: ^^^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You've just told him.
How?
Once he uses nairaland search to find his name,your post will show up and he'll find himself here.
Cheers.

Let him not search o!! Amen!
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
so this na the new place? Im already sticked to the website
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Madawaki01(m): 4:32am On Nov 04, 2013
Shawnmayor: so this na the new place? Im already sticked to the website
he will be updating on the blog before updatin here

Nice to hav u on d literature section zubby

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2013
Madawaki01: he will be updating on the blog before updatin here

Nice to hav u on d literature section zubby

You are wrong.

I will be updating the two sites simultaneously for now until we get to Chapter 20 or more.

We may also close registration of membership on the www.globalruns.com very soon. At that point, only the registered members will have access to all the sections.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Chapter 3.

Jennifer had thinned down. She was originaly thin but she had slimmed down. Her small protruded stomach had made her look like she had disease.
She had stood directly opposite me with tears flowing down her cheeks.
Her new madam who owned the shop had come out when she heard the noise of the broken plates. She had yelled at Jennifer.
''You go replace this plates. I have told you to be careful the way you walk around here'' she shouted.
Jennifer didn't move, she stood there with her face looking down on the ground.

I got up from my seat and started picking the pieces of the broken plates. The madam was surprised as she watched me do the job.
''Oga please leave am, she go pack am by herself'' she said.

''Aunty please, that is not how to talk to a pregnant woman'' i looked up from the ground and said, then i continued what i was doing.
Junior and Ifeanyi knew Jennifer. They apparently thought that i was in contact with her since i traveled.
Jennifer had returned to the kitchen and continued crying there. I tried to figure out what the tears was all about. It was obvious that we were never going to get back together especially with the large stomach. Someone must have been responsible for that since the World had not been able to record another mysterious pregnancy after the birth of Jesus.

After packing the broken plates, i found the dustbin and dumped the pieces there. Then i washed my hands and returned to my seat.

After sometime, it became obvious that the food were no longer coming. The madam had gotten angry after she discovered that Jennifer wasn't getting us the food. She had walked into the kitchen and saw Jennifer getting ready to go home.
We had heard the woman shouting inside the kitchen and after some moments, Jennifer had walked out and left the restaurant. She had stopped in front of me and looked deep into my eyes before going out.
''She never acted like this before. Something must be wrong'' the madam had said when she came out to us.

''Its ok madam, it could have been the pregnancy. Just get us the food'' i had said.
''Do you have her phone number, i would want to find out what happened with her'' i said to the woman. She promised to give me the number before we leave the place.

We ate our food quietly and took some Becks beer before leaving for the Night club.
I also got Jennifer's phone number.

I called her.
''You look so thin and sick baby girl, i hope there is no problem with you'' i said.
She didn't ask who it was. She knew it was me. She kept quiet for sometime and started crying again.
''Please stop crying, remember you have a baby with you'' i said.
When she stopped crying she said:
''Why did you leave me alone in this place, you should have taken me with you back to Nigeria'' she said and started crying again.

''Since you won't stop crying, i will call you in the morning. I am going out now'' i said and hung up.
We took a cab and drove to the Savannah night club. It was full since it was weekend. We
Entered the club and found a vacant table. We had planned to drink beer but since i was the one buying, i decided to go for Chivas Regal whisky. It was expensive but who cared.

Half way through the drink, two Russian girls joined us.
''Hey guys, can we sit with you'' one of them had asked.
We agreed. They sat with us and poured themselves some raw whisky. We had mixed ours with Red bull energy drink but the girls had decided to drink the poison raw. We chatted as the hiphop music boomed overhead.

At about 3am, we hired a cab and drove back home. We all went to Junior's apartment near Berlin Central Hauptbanhof. It was a new train station hastily put together by Germans for the 2006 Fifa World cup. We had more drinks and chated with the Russians until it was 5am, then we exchanged numbers and they left.

We had a brief sleep and woke up to continue the drinks. Junior updated me on what had been happening in Berlin since i left. The Arabs had taken over the Marijuana business in Hassenheide park. The blacks had dispersed and had resorted to dealing only with their mobile phones. Junior had asked if i would start the business again. He was ready to abandon advanced fee fraud line and join the Marijuana business. He had waited enough to grab quick cash but it seemed that the white people had known all their tricks.

''I am going to Amsterdam, I want to go and join the real drug dealers. I will be in contact with you. If you want to join later, you can also come to Amsterdam. You know i don't like to stay in one place. I always like to move around'' i had told Junior.

He wished me goodluck and promised to come when i settled down properly there. We also discussed about Jennifer. It seemed that people warned her when they started seeing her with the lazy Edo boy. She didn't heed their advises to have patience. She had been seen every where with the guy; in Churches, Afro shops, bars and even clubs.
Joe had also tried to warn her. Her silly excuse was that she couldn't stay alone in the apartment.
At a time, Joe had asked her to move in with him if she couldn't stay alone. Joe had called me with that proposal but i didn't even endorse it. Maybe Joe could not have done anything with her but Humans were not to be trusted with certain things.

I really didn't want them to complicate my mind with such issues. One thing was certain, Jennifer and I were never getting back together. She had changed from the robust beautiful fair girl i dated to a skinny pregnant black woman.

No no no, no matter what anybody said about the issue, i had made my decision. However, i was compelled to call her and see if there was anything i could do to help her out. She was my girl after all.

''Life is one big road with lots of signs. Whenever you ride through the signs, never complicate your mind''

12 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Khayil(m): 8:16am On Nov 04, 2013
Can't wait to get to the real deal......Open Happiness.....
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Numerouuuno: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

You are wrong.

I will be updating the two sites simultaneously for now until we get to Chapter 20 or more.

We may also close registration of membership on the www.globalruns.com very soon. At that point, only the registered members will have access to all the sections.
the register button isn't working,it refers someone to the Homepage.
Do something about it bro.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 9:51am On Nov 04, 2013
Numero uuuno: the register button isn't working,it refers someone to the Homepage.
Do something about it bro.

Working on it now
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by plainmirror(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2013
What is †нэ reg. cost
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2013
plainmirror: What is †нэ reg. cost

It is free for now until i make it the way i want it to be.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Numerouuuno: 11:17am On Nov 04, 2013
ZUBY77:

Working on it now
Tell us when its okay,so that i can retry.
Well done bro.
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by plainmirror(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Its U̶̲̥̅̊я story , its U̶̲̥̅̊я decision bt rememba we U̶̲̥̅̊я premier fans
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by veave(f): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
i no go read again... ur stories dey dey too emotional... abek i no wan dey cry every time... its soo real, i feel it in my bones...
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by annexes: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
Eh zubby! Tryna register on ur website, buh isnt goin thru, its sendin baq to d homepage. Aw do i go bout it?
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Chapter 4: The

The trains to Amsterdam through Hanover left Berlin Hauptbanhof every two hours. The state-of-the-art Inter city Express (ICE) was responsible for the travels. It was the fastest train in Europe with the French TGV. The ICE traveled at up to 400km/h.
I had wanted to use the train but on a second thought, i decided to wait until night so that i could travel with the bus. There were usually too many immigration controls in German international trains.
After spending sometime with Junior and Ifeanyi, i took a cab back to Johnson's apartment. He had prepared some rice. According to him, he was leaving for Brandenburg in two hours. We sat down and discussed some drug related issues before he left. Then i tried to sleep but couldn't. Jennifer's situation was disturbing. She had tried to call me later on but i didn't answer her. I didn't know what she wanted me to do. I felt for her simply because i was attached to her somehow. All those things would not have happened if i had not gotten myself involved with her in Portugal but of course my life would have been different from what it was if i didn't meet Her. Life was pretty much that way. Everybody we met was for a reason or more. I wasn't interested in her tears. So many people were in her conditions.
The Nigerian and African girls needed to learn something about relationships. Always run away from a lazy man, he would pull you down with time, no matter how rich he was. Rather go for a strong minded industrious man even if he was poor. There were always great chances that he would someday stumble on a chance. Chances were scattered everywhere. It had always been a matter of concentration and patience. How could Jennifer went so low from dating a tiger down to dating a snail?
Wasn't that stupidity? Probably because she still had some money left from the one i left for her. She thought it wasn't going to finish. She believed i would be back before it finished. She knew that Joe and Johnson with Akunne were there to help out on my behalf and as a result, she went for a lowlife. Perhaps, she wanted sex. Those Edo guys knew nothing else except running after their women all over Europe. The smart Edo women went for Igbo boys in Europe too, They knew that Igbo men had big hearts and would do anything to protect their women.

Before Johnson left, he gave me my €2000.
Out of sympathy, i called Jennifer.
''How are you Jennifer'' i had asked.
She said she wasn't fine and asked if she could see me again.
After some thoughts, i told her where to meet me, but warned her to make it quick since i was traveling.
She took the U-bahn and came to where i was.

I opened the door and welcomed Jennifer. She was wearing a blue overal Jean i had bought her over eight months ago. The cloth had taken some hits and would have been discarded if i was still in the picture. Her protruding stomach bulged out. It was still about five months or so, which meant that she took in not long after i left.

''Why are you looking for me? If it is about money, please don't waste my time because i just returned from Africa where i spent more than i wanted'' i said.
She didn't say anything. She just stared at the TV without any form of concentration.
''I also warned you on the phone about crying. If you try it here, i will make sure i send you outside'' i said again.
''I am not here for your money. I just came here to make sure that it was you that i saw. Life is such a wicked thing. I have made the mistake and i will live with it. I am happy to see you again. Despite your anger over what i did, i know that you won't let me suffer so much here as long as you are in Berlin. I still remember everything we went through together. I still remember that night in Portugal when you thought i was sleeping and kissed me, then you whispered in my ears that you won't let me suffer again. I know you hate me now but i know i can always come to tell you how life is dealing with me. I would do the same thing or even worse in your shoes trust me when i tell you that i am happy to see you with my eyes again'' she said. She had started crying again. It seemed crying was her hobby.
I sat there and watched her cry, i wondered the trick she had up her sleeves. Was Jennifer trying to win me back? Didn't she realize she was pregnant for another guy?
After over two minutes of watching her cry, i got up and hugged her.
She had succeeded in melting my metal heart but unfortunately i wasn't going to cancel my trip to Amsterdam because of her. No way!

''I am tired of blaming you Jennifer. A lot of things happened to me back in Africa too. I went through a lot of temptations and the Gods might have saved me so that i could see you again, however, i am going out of Germany today. I am going to Holland. I don't know what you want from me'' i said.
''I don't want anything from you. I thought i won't see you again. I heard once at the Afro shop that the airline refused to carry you. They said you had a fake paper. They also said that you have gotten married in Nigeria and settled there. I asked Johnson for your number several times but he told me he didn't have it. The mistakes and the pregnancy are my cross and i will carry them as much as i can but please wherever you go in this World, please don't forget me because i know you are a soldier. Soldiers never fall anywhere easily'' she said and stood up to go.
She was at the door when i called her back.
''Here is €500. Use some to buy clothes and use some for food. Do not allow that guy to take it from you. Anytime he touched you again, just let me know and i will teach him how to handle a pregnant woman'' i said.
She took the money and hugged me for a long minute before she tried to kiss me, i removed my mouth. She bent down her face and walked out of the room.
I didn't see her off. She had to go home alone. I had done what i didn't believe i could do but i was capable of doing anything, anything. Good bye my Jennifer.

" Whether one believes in a religion or
not, and whether one believes in
rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who
doesn't appreciate kindness and
compassion"

7 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
double post.

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by veave(f): 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
smileyyou see? you see y i said i wunt read this story again?

how far zubby...
am only passing...
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by enohbong: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
MmMmm
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by dayleke: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nice one Zuby..
Let's go there.....
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by dayleke: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
veave: smileyyou see? you see y i said i wunt read this story again?

how far zubby...
am only passing...

@veave

I said it before when we first started with Zuby that his story
is not for the "faint-hearted".
Just hang in there,you can learn smtin.

2 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Madawaki01(m): 12:40am On Nov 05, 2013
So,jennifer's gone,just like dat,she shud av Been more patient
Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by ZUBY77(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2013
AMSTERDAM AT LAST.

Chapter 5: Holland.

As i sat in the Eurolines bus from Berlin to
Amsterdam, i wondered how life could be so
cruel. We humans were collectively impatient.
We achieved something today only to fail
tomorrow. In Jennifer, i thought i had found a
life partner. She had suspended her life to me.
She had given me hope that a woman could
readily abandon prostitution to follow a man.
She had trusted me with her life. I wondered if
i made a mistake by traveling to Nigeria in the
first place. What did i even went to do in
Nigeria? Nothing. I was just scared that Some
dark clouds were hovering over my head.
People who came to hustle in Europe at the
same time with me had not started to plan
going home. It was true that i made money
quicker but what if i had decided to move to
Holland before going to Nigeria? Peharps
Jennifer’s fate could not have been the same.
But the truth was that nobody knew tomorrow.
I blamed myself partially but right inside me, i
knew that i was going to be there for her, at
least until she had her baby. If i had known, i
would have gotten her pregnant before leaving
Germany but as a field hustler, i didn’t know
where life would push me next.
During the night Journey to Amsterdam, we
drove past many German cities. We had
stopped at Hanover and Osnabruck for
refreshments.
We got to Utrecht, The Netherlands around
5:20 am. I was tempted to go out of the bus
for the fear of being controlled in Amsterdam
but i knew that Germany was one big giant of a
nation in continental Europe. Getting to other
surrounding countries from Germany was
never a problem. The problem had always been
getting to Germany from the neighbouring
countries.
We got to Amsterdam Central bus station a
little before 6am. There was no control
whatsoever. There were also other buses
arriving from other Countries such as France,
Austria and even as far as Iberia Peninsula.
My German simcard was still working in
Holland, therefore i called Dozie. He told me
to use the metro line 54 heading to Gasperplas
from Central Station. He also told me to stop
at Krainnest and call him back. I bought the
metro ticket and did as i was told. When i got
to the Krainnest station, i called him again. He
came down from his apartment to pick me up.
The buildings where he lived were different
from what i was used to in Berlin. The area
was called Bijlmermeer. Bijlmer was a new
settlement in Amsterdam South-East.
The settlement was constructed in Late 80s and
Early 90s when It was apparent that the
Apartheid regime in South Africa was coming
to an end. The kingdom of Netherlands had
constructed the area with hope that the
indigenous South African Government would
send the boers and other Netherland citizens
out of the Country but After the independent
of South Africa in Early 90s, the Nelson
Mandela led government had pardoned the
Europeans and had asked them to stay in South
Africa as equal citizens. The area was then
opened up for low income earners from
Surinames and Antilleans.
The Suriname people, the Antilleans, the
Ghanaians, the North Africans and other races
that had large presence in the Netherlands had
bought the blocks of flats under cheap
mortgage scheme. The Nigerians who came
afterwards were then forced to rent the
apartment s from them and pay monthly.
Some areas in Bijlmer such as Gein and
Bijlmerdreef were cheaper than the Krainest
area where some places were as high as €1400
per month for a two or three bedroom flat.
Dozie lived in the ninth floor of a tall 18
storey building called Kempering. We had taken
the lift up to the ninth floor which also
consisted of four flats. When we came up into
the one room and parlour apartment, Dozie
had taken my bag inside the room while i had
settled in the long sofa inside the parlour. I
needed some sleep.
I had pulled off my Jean trouser and lay on the
Sofa. I needed to stay in a quiet place and
think but unfortunately Dozie was a Music
freak. He had put on the music video and left
it with me back to the room. I wanted to call
him to off the music but i had just arrived. I
didn’t know how he behaved. I had no right to
tell him how to manage his place since i had
no stake whatsoever in the apartment. I just
stayed awake and listened to the music. He
came out around 9am and said he was going to
the gym. It was an opportunity for me to
sleep.
When i woke up around 11am, he was not yet
back.
I took the opportunity to call my brother back
in Nigeria to tell him that i was in Holland. I
also called Johnson, Akunne and some other
relevant European acquaintances.
Then i called Chinelo and Andy. Chinelo said
she was already missing my presence which
she said had given her maximum assurance
while i was there in Lagos.
The Bijlmer area was more like Lagos, only that
it was more organised and neat. One could
walk the whole day without seeing a single
white man. The whole place was occupied by
the Surinames and the Africans which were
both Blacks. The small country called Suriname
in Central America was colonized by the
kingdom of Netherlands. They had been
granted free Visa to the country due to the fact
that the Netherlands were small in Population.
The Surinames were violent people. They
controlled the drug business in the streets of
Amsterdam while the Africans only did their
business inside their apartments. Since there
were many Nigerians all over Europe, it was
good for the Nigerians in Amsterdam. What
they did was to package drugs in Amsterdam
and send it to those in other European
countries to retail. The biggest Destinations
were Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Austria.
But of course drugs were also shipped to the
entire Scandinavia countries, France, Belgium,
Poland and even small countries such as
Slovakia and Luxembourg. Some sent their
drugs to Greece, Malta, Cyprus and Hungary.
The only exception was Spain and Portugal.
Drugs arrived directly to those two countries
from South America which they both
colonized.
Amsterdam was one big drug hole.
” A dream doesn’t become reality
through magic; it takes sweat,
determination and hard work”

9 Likes

Re: Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. by Emperortj93(m): 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nice one oga zuby..... Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / The Photographer(complete) / Glitches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.