Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread (78066 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread) / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (105) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
damoskiy: . The topics I suggested are all above could suggest more...
1. Which way forward with Corruption in Nigeria.
2. University students should be allowed to choose their topic for final year project.
3. Impact of Agriculture on Nigeria
4. Fish farming in Nigeria the prospects
5. Should movies rated above 18 be allowed to be shown in the cinemas

My head is heavy...can think of more topics for now...see what ASUU has caused me...
topics that are debatable i doubt if number 1 can be...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Miner13: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Topic= Posting of national youth service corps(NYSC) members should be limit to their geo-political zone.
For or against
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2013
damoskiy: I suggested some topics on the previous thread...I think to make the debate better organised all schools represented should have a chat room where they would discuss,meet and come up with some reasonable topics which is still subject to final approval from the judges. With that the debate would be better organised apart from that all schools should come up with atleast 5 representative
1. 1 person Would serve as the p.r.o . of the school on the thread he / she would be in charge of posting their debates throughout the competition.
2. 2 or more persons would compile the debate on the topic.
3. 2 people would edit their debate from grammatical errors and punctuation.

That's all I can think about for now...
Thanks .Noted!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Miner13: Topic= Posting of national youth service corps(NYSC) members should be limit to their geo-political zone.
For or against

Noted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Will the coordinators be the ones to choose the topics schools are to debate on??
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Will the coordinators be the ones to choose the topics schools are to debate on??
yap
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fynestboi: yap
will the school choose to speak for or against? Or will you be the one decide? If schools are to decide for themselves, what if three schools choose to speak for and only one against?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by samleey(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Who is to be blame for the Unemployable graduates in the country, is it the Government, Lecturers, or the school curriculum ?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by LaRochelle(f): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Which has better prospects in advancing Nigeria's economic growth and development efforts - the oil sector or the agric. sector?

Who should be the Director General of NAFDAC - a Chemist or a Pharmacist?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Miner13: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sustenance of immunity clause has done nigerians more bad than gud.
OR
Fighting corruption to a logical end should immunity clause be removed.
For or against
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Elliotwiz1: will the school choose to speak for or against? Or will you be the one decide? If schools are to decide for themselves, what if three schools choose to speak for and only one against?

Thanks for this wonderful observation. The coordinatiors will decide that
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by matson247(m): 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Should animal testing be legal or illegal?

Is protesting a justified behaviour to break the law?

Does beauty or brains get you ahead in life?

Is peer pressure beneficial or harmful?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by matson247(m): 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
Studying grammar is more important than practising conversation skills.

Television is the leading cause of violence in today's society.

.males are better students than females.

Should Women be allowed to go topless in public.

Lawyers should make a higher salary than nurses.

speak for or Aganist
Rep team Uites
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Kenexcel(m): 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
My suggestion in relation to d topics for debate is....
Is it always proper to learn frm experience than learnin by wisdom?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
''Modern day agricultural practices are better than traditional methods''
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rexsul: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
my topic; Sex education should be included in our sec. scul curriculum.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by agrovick(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fynestboi, these ar the 3 topics I was able to come up with: 1)secession: a panacea to civil unrest in nigeria
2) money is the basis of love
3) feelings are forever
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Latnok95(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
Topic:
Tribalism: The Beginning Of The End Of Unity?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Thanks to all who have suggested one topic or another. All suggested topics are noted and are undergoing stern scrutiny by the coordinators. Keep them rolling in
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2013
I really appreciate your compliance to simple instruction
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by olalerey(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
Here are my suggested topics;
1) THE HOME IS RESPONSIBLE FOR UNRULY BEHAVIOURS AMONG THE YOUTHS NOT THE SOCIETY
2)WESTERN CIVILIZATION HAS DONE MORE HARM THAN GOOD TO OUR CULTURE
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Rexsul: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
Rexsul: my topic; Sex education should be included in our sec. scul curriculum.
finest pls take a very gud luk @ ds topic o
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by paulcr7: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Topic-EDUCATION KILLS CREATIVITY-support or oppose
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Fynestboi: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
Increase of tuition fees in Nigerian Universities is necessary for a better educational standard, for or against lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
Rexsul: finest pls take a very gud luk @ ds topic o

Noted
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
I must doff my cap for all who have suggested one top or another. You have indeed contributed immensely. However, it is important to notify you that some suggested topics are too simple, straightforward and lack strong stands to meet up to the standard of being a debate topic for undergraduates . Please continue to suggest STANDARD DEBATABLE TOPICS.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Taiye4Christ(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
The Academic Staff Union Of University Should Be Proscribed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
Government should censor internet service usage, support or against shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hehehe "religion, the problem of Nigeria" i know this would spark a lot of argument because of the very high number of atheists on NL, but if you look at the points that can be derived from it, You'll know It's a good one....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate. :::Planning Thread by boay(m): 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2013
boay: I must doff my cap for all who have suggested one top or another. You have indeed contributed immensely. However, it is important to notify you that some suggested topics are too simple, straightforward and lack strong stands to meet up to the standard of being a debate topic for undergraduates . Please continue to suggest STANDARD DEBATABLE TOPICS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (105)

Student In Oversized Suit For Project Defense Today (hilarious) / LASU 2013/2014 Admission / Schools Reopen In Oyo Today, Observe COVID-19 Guidelines (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.