Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? (21504 Views)

OIS VS Dual Back Camera, Which Do You Pefer? / Whatsapp Now Available On Nokia Asha Dual Sim Phones / Can Anyone Unlock The Etisalat Dual Sim Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Oh, so we are dealing with two fakes or what?? This link to phonearena you gave me called it "S4 duos"
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Dual-SIM-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Duos-launches-with-Exynos-5-Octa-chip_id42389

Dude I guess I'll have to take a chill pill because I can't understand how someone can see evidence with their eyes and still be obstinate. Official Samsung name does not add duos but if you want to quibble over that I am not interested. If the official Chinese Samsung website is not enough for you then nothing will.

Over and out.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Oh, so we are dealing with two fakes or what?? This link to phonearena you gave me called it "S4 duos"
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Dual-SIM-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Duos-launches-with-Exynos-5-Octa-chip_id42389
grin grin
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Dude I guess I'll have to take a chill pill because I can't understand how someone can see evidence with their eyes and still be obstinate. Official Samsung name does not add duos but if you want to quibble over that I am not interested. If the official Chinese Samsung website is not enough for you then nothing will.

Over and out.
Dude you got issues. If Samsung's official international website is it proove enough, I don't know what else you want to believe. There's actually a Samsung phone called 's4 duos' (as shown in the screen shots I posted earlier, my point is that it is a mid range phone.
Don't go buying fake ish.

1 Like

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Dude you got issues. If Samsung's official international website is it proove enough, I don't know what else you want to believe. There's actually a Samsung phone called 's4 duos' (as shown in the screen shots I posted earlier, my point is that it is a mid range phone.

LoL! I've got issues? Gosh which kind person be this one? I keep telling you check the Samsung Chinese website yet you comeback and you have not verified it instead you are going to the Africa and International sites yet I'm the one with issues. The phone is not released internationally nor in Africa but in China alone. Men I can't even believe I'm still posting here sef.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by physise(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos launches with Exynos 5 Octa chip
Posted: 26 Apr 2013, 09:41, by Victor H.Categories: T-Mobile AT&T Verizon Sprint Samsung Android
Share:Discuss30
Dual-SIM Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos launches with Exynos 5 Octa chip
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos is the dual-SIM version of Samsung’s 2013 flagship and it has now gone on sale in Asia under the Samsung I9502 model name. Overall, the single biggest difference from the standard S4 model is the inclusion of two SIM cards slots, it is otherwise almost completely identical to the international Galaxy S4.

The Galaxy S4 Duos features the same gorgeous 5-inch 1080p full HD Super AMOLED screen and runs on an Exynos 5 Octa chip with each of the cores clocked at 1.6GHz.

Otherwise, here is a quick rundown of the technical specs of the S4 Duos:

5” 1080 x 1920 Super AMOLED screen
Exynos 5 Octa @ 1.6GHz
PowerVR SGX 544MP3 graphics with 2GB of RAM
13-megapixel camera recording 1080p videos at 30fps
2.1-megapixel front camera
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s new TouchWiz UX 2.0
Samsung’s Smart Features: Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Scroll and Smart Pause, Air Gestures, S Voice, S Health and S Translator.

Samsung has also launched another Galaxy S4 model for China, the I9506, running on the Snapdragon 600 processor and with TD-SCDMA 3G connectivity.

source: Samsung
AND
South Korean technology giant Samsung has officially unveiled the Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos, the dual-SIM version of its latest flagship smartphone on Friday in China.

The Galaxy S4 Duos, with the model number GT-I9502, comes with the same specs as the Exynos 5 Octa version of the device (GT-I9500) that include the 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display panel, a 13MP camera which can shoot up to Full HD 1080p videos at 30FPS and a 2.1MP front-facing camera, which is capable of shooting up to Full HD 1080p videos.

The new handset is powered by the Exynos 5 Octa CPU clocked at 1.6GHz. It also features a Tri-Core PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU and 2GB of RAM.

Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s new TouchWiz UX 2.0 out-of-the-box, the Galaxy S4 Duos also sports Samsung’s Smart Features like Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Scroll and Smart Pause, Air Gestures, S Voice, S Health and S Translator, SamMobile reported.

According to another report by GSMArena, the new Galaxy S4 Duos is 2 grams heavier than other variants of the device. Apart from GT-I9502, there is another China-specific Galaxy S4 model, the single-SIM GT-I9508 with Snapdragon 600 chipset, which differs from the GT-I9505 model in its TD-SCDMA support (the 3G tech in China), the report added.

In addition to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos, the company also released the first official I9502ZNUAMDG firmware based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to Chinese users. The Galaxy S4 Duos can easily be updated to this new firmware using Odin.
END OF STORY
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Dude you got issues. If Samsung's official international website is it proove enough, I don't know what else you want to believe. There's actually a Samsung phone called 's4 duos' (as shown in the screen shots I posted earlier, my point is that it is a mid range phone.
lol... u gat time to explain to som pipz sha...

anyone can buy wat he or she likes , u hav tried ur best to educate some...

FAKE AZZ S4 SPEWING UP ERR WHERE...

just ignore em.....wink
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

LoL! I've got issues? Gosh which kind person be this one? I keep telling you check the Samsung Chinese website yet you comeback and you have not verified it instead you are going to the Africa and International sites yet I'm the one with issues. The phone is not released internationally nor in Africa but in China alone. Men I can't even believe I'm still posting here sef.
Lol....I do not speak or read Chinese so there's nothing on there for me to see.
"Men I can't believe I'm still posting here sef"
LOL....you can run away from the argument. Its allowed.

1 Like

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by anthony500(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
Outta this thread there seems to be no living form of intelligence here!
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Lol....I do not speak or read Chinese so there's nothing on there for me to see.
"Men I can't believe I'm still posting here sef"
LOL....you can run away from the argument. Its allowed.

I can't even believe this! Your browser cannot translate a website from one language to another? LoL! Just goes to show.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
@physise
Apparently caukerzee is unable to operate his browser properly so he can't read all those stuff you posted plus website translation is too advanced for him. LoL!
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by physise(m): 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
South Korean technology giant Samsung has officially unveiled the Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos, the dual-SIM version of its latest flagship smartphone on Friday in China.

The Galaxy S4 Duos, with the model number GT-I9502, comes with the same specs as the Exynos 5 Octa version of the device (GT-I9500) that include the 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display panel, a 13MP camera which can shoot up to Full HD 1080p videos at 30FPS and a 2.1MP front-facing camera, which is capable of shooting up to Full HD 1080p videos.

The new handset is powered by the Exynos 5 Octa CPU clocked at 1.6GHz. It also features a Tri-Core PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU and 2GB of RAM.

Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s new TouchWiz UX 2.0 out-of-the-box, the Galaxy S4 Duos also sports Samsung’s Smart Features like Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Scroll and Smart Pause, Air Gestures, S Voice, S Health and S Translator, SamMobile reported.

According to another report by GSMArena, the new Galaxy S4 Duos is 2 grams heavier than other variants of the device. Apart from GT-I9502, there is another China-specific Galaxy S4 model, the single-SIM GT-I9508 with Snapdragon 600 chipset, which differs from the GT-I9505 model in its TD-SCDMA support (the 3G tech in China), the report added.

In addition to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos, the company also released the first official I9502ZNUAMDG firmware based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean to Chinese users. The Galaxy S4 Duos can easily be updated to this new firmware using Odin.
END OF STORY
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

I can't even believe this! Your browser cannot translate a website from one language to another? LoL! Just goes to show.
Not so fast dude. Translated and the specifications did not indicate dual SIM. Dude, aren't you pathetic enough already?

1 Like

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Not so fast dude. Translated and the specifications did not indicate dual SIM. Dude, aren't you pathetic enough already?

Show a screenshot.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by aieromon(m): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Not so fast dude. Translated and the specifications did not indicate dual SIM. Dude, aren't you pathetic enough already?

Please,kindly drop this argument. Lord Reed posted his source a couple of pages away and it tallied with what he stated here. There is indeed a dual sim S4 released in China as stated on the official chinese Samsung site.

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Show a screenshot.
Dude!!!!

1 Like

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
aieromon:

Please,kindly drop this argument. Lord Reed posted his source a couple of pages away and it tallied with what he stated here. There is indeed a dual sim S4 released in China as stated on the official chinese Samsung site.
and we kept sayin its fake... dayurmmmm
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
aieromon:

I'm not disputing this. My point is, all dual SIM phones are made mid or low end. What he is showing me is a fake.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by psalmdave(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
aieromon:

Just as simple as that and they could have saved so much data(going to google,copying and pasting etc)....used in arguing unnecessarily.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: I'm not disputing this. My point is, all dual SIM phones are made mid or low end. What he is showing me is a fake.

OK I now know you are bit slow but you can catch up. At the Chinese website open the tab labelled functional characteristics you will see it stated there that it is dual sim. Next check in specifications and look at CPU, it shows Quad-Core 1.6GHz + Quad-Core 1.2GHz which is indicative of the exynos octa core. No chip set from other OEMs currently has that characteristic.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by caukerzee(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

OK I now know you are bit slow but you can catch up. At the Chinese website open the tab labelled functional characteristics you will see it stated there that it is dual sim. Next check in specifications and look at CPU, it shows Quad-Core 1.6GHz + Quad-Core 1.2GHz which is indicative of the exynos octa core. No chip set from other OEMs currently has that characteristic.
Believe me, You don't want me to begin name calling. Tried to keep this thread as possible but if you want us to invite the Mods to help us end this, lets go there. Anyway back to the topic...

1 Like

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by malikalhaj: 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
Dunno Y u guys are arguing about no high end dual sim phone, just Google Samsung N9002 or I9502, I guess that will settle issue
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 6:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
malikalhaj: Dunno Y u guys are arguing about no high end dual sim phone, just Google Samsung N9002 or I9502, I guess that will settle issue

I wish it was that simple.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by Defaramade(m): 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Don't argue with those guys again, its obvious they don't want to accept d truth. U gave them specs of the phone with links to reputable sites (phonearena, gsmarena & samsung's official chinese website) but they refused to accept, Arguing with them is just like banging ur head on a brick wall, so just ignore them if u don't want to give urself headache.

2 Likes

Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
caukerzee: Believe me, You don't want me to begin name calling. Tried to keep this thread as possible but if you want us to invite the Mods to help us end this, lets go there. Anyway back to the topic...

It took you how many posts to do a simple check? One more step and here you are trying to join issues. Besides did you not insult me by saying I had issues or saying I was pathetic? Acquiring knowledge by someone you hate his guts doesn't kill.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Defaramade: Don't argue with those guys again, its obvious they don't want to accept d truth. U gave them specs of the phone with links to reputable sites (phonearena, gsmarena & samsung's chinese official website) but they refused to accept, Arguing with them is just like hitting a brick wall with ur fist, so just ignore them

Yeah it felt like that but caukerzee had potential so I persevered.
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by Enrique2SIM(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

It is clear that there are more high-end single SIM devices in the market in comparison with the dual SIM version, but that doesn't means that there aren't high-end dual SIM devices at all.

The Galaxy S4 Duos, Galaxy Note 2 Duos and the Lenovo K900 dual SIM are the flag ship models that are available in dual SIM version.

And if we discuss about which one is better I think that it has a lot to do with the requirements of the potential user. Also it is helpful to remember that most of the dual SIM models are mainly for sale in emerging markets, where the consumer is more willing to pay lower prices. That is the final reason because there are not too many high-end dual SIM models in the market from my point of view.

Regards
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by arker: 12:09am On Sep 22, 2015
single sim 4ever .....to make it clear i dont respect any company that doesnt respect their clients ... such as producing fancy and good looking phones and hiding the lake of their tech ... for example most mid-rang smart phones now aday comes with 8 mp cam but i havent seen agood quality yet ...maybe it is so hard to make a good one ...shame on them ..... they say quad core pls bi****!!! quad core of ur **** 1.4 mhz and cant get a good frame or decent speed .... and finally for the sim even if the phone company made a good peice it will always lake 3g or 4g net speed , call problems , hanging , so no for dual-f***g-sim i always look for single sim phones
as for gsm arena site i dont trust web sites since they focus on specification , not the user's need , i googled days and nights looking for a good peice of phone that will stick with me for awhile and i care for it since im not an apple or samsung or sony or motorolla or lg fan .... and i used some chinese phones but never liked the camera's quality .... now i have kyocera phone .... never been happier... sorrrry fo my long boring speech thanks for reading and thanks for this topic
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by akshat1984: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dual SIM smartphones have become better and they are now as good as single SIM smartphone so i think it now safe to get a dual SIM phone too. Also dual sim smartphones has its advantages too as you do not have buy another phone if you have two SIM cards. http://www.akshatblog.com/dual-sim-vs-single-sim-smartphones-comparison/
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by LordReed(m): 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Still by hands down one of the funniest (and frustrating) arguments I've had on NL. LoL
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by asamaigho(m): 11:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
caukerzee:

Incase you do not know the meaning of 'Third world country', it simply means developing nation. China is a third world country. I stand to be corrected. The only reason they are made priority over other third world markets is simply due to their population size. One would surly sell more units in a larger population.

Every tech site reviews mid range and low end phones provided the brand is globally well recognized. Some tecno phones are better than some of the phones reviewed on GSM arena but those better tecno phones will never get reviews on these popular tech sites. Why? The tecno brand is not recognized. Having said that, tech sites will hardly metion that these phones are made of cheaper build. Why? Because its already obvious. All dual SIM phones are normally low end to mid range. Theres no dual sim phone with high end specs. Which means it has a cheaper build. Even when there is a dual sim variant of a High end flagship, its specs are lower which implies reduced cost. This is because of the market it is being targeted at.

Did you miss the part of my comment that said Dual SIM phones are targeted at lower markets because of the lack of stable service and lack adequate support from network providers??

i just hope u really kno what 3rd world country means...
Re: Single Sim Phones Vs Dual Sim Phones, Which Is Better? by daphid25(m): 12:08am On Feb 07, 2016
sylvar02:

Love that too!!! Those phones with built in freezer, Ac and home theatre!!!
Na tecno get am pass

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps? / MTN Nigeria Experiencing Dawntimes; MTN Apologies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.