Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? (10236 Views)

I Want To Improve My Cooking / My Cooking Is Inconsistent. / My Boyfriend Avoids My Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 6:49am On Nov 01, 2013
Anytime I cooked a delicious meal for my heart, she will just eat to her satisfaction and there is no compliment of your food is tasty from her. It pains me, is it wrong for a woman to compliment her man cooking skills?
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Enoquin(f): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2013
No, it isn't. I compliment my gem and brothers anytime they cook. In actual fact, I compliment anyone that cooks, male or female. Perhaps, after eating, ask her how the food was...I hope you compliment her when she cooks too?
Or you can talk to her during one of your playful moments...ask her why she doesn't compliment you and any other thing that is bothering you....there is nothing that cannot be talked about in a relationship..... smiley

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2013
Enoquin: No, it isn't. I compliment my gem and brothers anytime they cook. In actual fact, I compliment anyone that cooks, male or female. Perhaps, after eating, ask her how the food was...I hope you compliment her when she cooks too?
Or you can talk to her during one of your playful moments...ask her why she doesn't compliment you and any other thing that is bothering you....there is nothing that cannot be talked about in a relationship..... smiley
I do compliment her, that is if the food is tasty o. I'm a good chef you know.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 01, 2013
Lordwize: Anytime I cooked a delicious meal for my heart, she will just eat to her satisfaction and there is no compliment of your food is tasty from her. It pains me, is it wrong for a woman to compliment her man cooking skills?

That alone should be a compliment na. Shes enjoying o !! grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2013
adaobi123:

That should be a compliment alone na. Shes enjoying o !! grin
Thanks Ada
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by kashmier: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Na wa o.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cook for which wife? I'm a traditionalist to the core. She should cook, wash, and then ..you know ...make the bedroom an interesting place. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by YoshiMaster: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hey good looking, whatcha got cooking?
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by gen2briz(m): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hummm I enter the wrong thread at the right time.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
There notin wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by nerodenero: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think she should be grateful that she has a man that cooks for her to eat. So many men dread cooking let alone go into the kitchen. She has a jewel in you but she doesn't know. Let her know your mind as I believe in dialogue. Above all, you be correct guy jooo wink

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by nerodenero: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
gen2briz: Hummm I enter the wrong thread at the right time.
No, you entered the right thread at the wrong time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by nerodenero: 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
kolawaxxy: Cook for which wife? I'm a traditionalist to the core. She should cook, wash, and then ..you know ...make the bedroom an interesting place. grin
You sound like a slave-master angry

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by DankemzI(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Very very wrong. She's doing the right thing.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
i like compliments ...

just talk to her bout it, but dont make it seem like a fight, cox she ixz doin nothing wrong.... just tell her u really fancy complements to help you improve

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Iceman296: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nothing Wrong, Infact the Compliment is Her eating the Food. I've Cooked Before and She Refused to eat saying it was too Spicy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by frankpessu(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
@op

I realy jealous u ooo..... Cz I cnt even fry eggs.... Am so shy saying dat n ma gf kips saying I must cook 4 ha..... D worst of al, sh says I must cook ani type of soup...... I dnt even hv a single I ideal
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by frankpessu(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
@op

I realy jealous u ooo..... Cz I cnt even fry eggs.... Am so shy saying dat n ma gf kips saying I must cook 4 ha..... D worst of al, sh says I must cook ani type of soup...... I dnt even hv a single ideal
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by MrMcJay(m): 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Op, maybe she wasn't brought up to compliment good meals. Marriage is a school as well as a partnership. It is your duty to teach her and ensure that your kids do not follow her steps. Otherwise, in the nearest future, 190's son may be posting the same thing about your daughter on social media.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Dannylux: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
what about us who can't cook? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Polio: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lordwize: Anytime I cooked a delicious meal for my heart, she will just eat to her satisfaction and there is no compliment of your food is tasty from her. It pains me, is it wrong for a woman to compliment her man cooking skills?

Firstly, it should be, "anytime i cook a...." not "anytime i cooked"

And secondly, there is nothing wrong for her to compliment your cooking!
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Aromas: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
nerodenero: You sound like a slave-master angry

grin people of d same feather
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by nora544: 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
When my late husband cook i always tell him how good it was.

But i kn ow it is not easy for some nigerian wife to say something good for there husband, they found it easier to say something good about there pastor because

they are God fearing and first come God, than the pastor and then the husband grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by theripper3: 6:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
If she is ur girlfriend, stop cooking for her and tell her to eat from home if she isn't courteous enough to say "thank you" at least.

If na ur wife, then sorry for your predicament.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by nduchucks: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
so una don carry oyibo method, tie wrapper, enter kitchen dey cook for woman like say una be dan daudu, ko? I sorry for una.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by freecocoa(f): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
The food is prolly not delicious, she may just be eating it so not to hurt your feelings.grin
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by LadyH(f): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oh?! it pains u?! i wish all those hubbys that do nt knw hw to appreciate their wives' cooking will read this n realize hw indeed painful it is. Anyhu, u gotta tell ha bout it rather than us. E no consyn us. Good to know u cook well though. Thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by cupidora(f): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Polio:

Firstly, it should be, "anytime i cook a...." not "anytime i cooked"

And secondly, there is nothing wrong for her to compliment your cooking!
thirdly,its shd b "there's nothing wrong with her complimenting ur cooking" n not "there is nothing wrong FOR her to compliment..."

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Abel202: 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr Good Chef, Let me jolt you a bit. The truth is that your wife is only 'tolerating' your habit of cooking for her to eat. I have read your post well and your further comments, and I can tell you that your wife prefers you to play the traditional male role while she plays her traditional female role. So while you are beating your chest that you are a good cook, and will only complement her "when the food is tasty", she is inwardly annoyed that you can't just be like other husbands who shy away from the kitchen and allow their wives to do the cooking, while the husbands do the "complementing".

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by InvertedHammer: 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
/

You are gradually being domesticated.

Your wife na 'guy' woman!

Next thing, she will start complimenting the way you wash plates, clothes and sweep the floor.

===============================================================================

Cupidora and Polio: if they no born una well, make una correct this my grammar.

//
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by funkybaby(f): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Your wife is MEAN !

Next time, make sure the food is loaded with salt.
Re: Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? by Lordwize(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Abel202: Mr Good Chef, Let me jolt you a bit. The truth is that your wife is only 'tolerating' your habit of cooking for her to eat. I have read your post well and your further comments, and I can tell you that your wife prefers you to play the traditional male role while she plays her traditional female role. So while you are beating your chest that you are a good cook, and will only complement her "when the food is tasty", she is inwardly annoyed that you can't just be like other husbands who shy away from the kitchen and allow their wives to do the cooking, while the husbands do the "complementing".
That is not true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Is No Plastic Fish In Nigerian Market – NAFDAC / Ofada Stew Recipe / Picture Of The Fish With Half Human In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.