Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! (10737 Views)

NAIRA- Is #5 Note Still Existing In Nigeria Market / My Experience Today In Warri ( graphic pix be warnned) !!! / Please Help!!! Etisalat is killing me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by NosoChic: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
deeptesting: Etisalat is the worst network in Nigeria....I got their subscription for my Mini Apple Ipad which i do pay 2000naira for 500MB..Believe me within 3 days or 4 they will send me an sms that i have used up my MB when i did not make any download or watch movie with it. On Wednesday 30th October 2013 at about 10.00PM i activated my subscription by loading 2000naira after sending the code *229*2*2# i received a feed back that i have 500MB active data plan only to receive a message by 1am when i was asleep that i have used up my data plan. I called their Customer care severally in the morning but they could not get give me any reasonable explanation on how my 500MB data plan was used up in less than 5 hours. My Etisalat phone number is 08178392086. My friend also experienced this same issue and ported to Visa phone.. 5 years of nonsense.

I thought I was the only one going through this is with them.....I use their data subscription plan for my galaxy tab and I know how many times I have been arbitrarily disconnected. For the last incident that happened last week, I recall I then called customer service and they was informed simple that the SIM had not been registered and so was disconnected.

I went ballistic and had to ask the babe if she really understood what she was saying, as I had purchased the SIM in June and had registered in the etisalat adeniran Ogunsanya office and I had been using monthly data plan subscription since then.

I proceeded to Adeniran Ogunsanya office to see the manager in charge as I could not understand why I had to do another SIM registration even when I could still recognize the lady who I had registered my SIM Card with.

The manager's professionalism was unrivaled. Trust I practically went there ballistic as I told them I was going to break their SIM in their office and was sure to call their packages HARD CLIQUE, HARD FLEX, etc as no other network had ever disconnected my number especially as there was no sms sent earlier.

Anyways she had given it to one of them Geeks there who simply reset it and voila my data bundle was back. So I realized that the lady who I had spoken with in customer service should have simply referred me to the nearest shop and not giving a bogus excuse for the disconnection.

Happy Anniversary to them all the same but the next time my number is disconnected, I will definitely be appealing to NCC.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by yimikaa: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
I see a lot of MTN staff on this thread.. Etisalat is the best..

No network gives bonus this much cool

Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by nekede11(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Surprise 2 me,etisalat i didn't knw, u were born n naija @ 1st november like me,HBD 2 both of US..
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Anniettieufia(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
With only five (5) years,

Eti's impact is felt even like that of EMP-TY- N of more than ten years

More innovations Dear Etisalat.
))))((((continue to lead them))))((((
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by buoye1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Olamide has been giving out etisalat airtime on his twitter
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by nekede11(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Surprise 2 me,etisalat i didn't knw, u were born n naija @ 1st november like me,HBD 2 both of US..mayb i shuld port frm MTN 2 ETISALAT.wat do u think?
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by deeptesting(m): 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
NosoChic:

I thought I was the only one going through this is with them.....I use their data subscription plan for my galaxy tab and I know how many times I have been arbitrarily disconnected. For the last incident that happened last week, I recall I then called customer service and they was informed simple that the SIM had not been registered and so was disconnected.

I went ballistic and had to ask the babe if she really understood what she was saying, as I had purchased the SIM in June and had registered in the etisalat adeniran Ogunsanya office and I had been using monthly data plan subscription since then.

I proceeded to Adeniran Ogunsanya office to see the manager in charge as I could not understand why I had to do another SIM registration even when I could still recognize the lady who I had registered my SIM Card with.

The manager's professionalism was unrivaled. Trust I practically went there ballistic as I told them I was going to break their SIM in their office and was sure to call their packages HARD CLIQUE, HARD FLEX, etc as no other network had ever disconnected my number especially as there was no sms sent earlier.

Anyways she had given it to one of them Geeks there who simply reset it and voila my data bundle was back. So I realized that the lady who I had spoken with in customer service should have simply referred me to the nearest shop and not giving a bogus excuse for the disconnection.

Happy Anniversary to them all the same but the next time my number is disconnected, I will definitely be appealing to NCC.

Unfortunately, i don`t have the time to waste going to their office for a simple hitch that should be rectified over the phone,it is just sad. A lot of people are hungry,if i had given that 2k to someone to eat it would have made a lot of difference.. Regret! Regrets!! Regrets!!! Regrets!!!
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hmmmmmm, Etisalat is the best internet provider in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by okebaba: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
watin this topic come teach us....... wake me up when den begin share free airtime joor. grin grin cheesy.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by captcharles(m): 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
wow!thats gr8 the network is pretty kool,i think it brought the needed compitition in nigerias telecommunication industry,but...y are they celebrating this special day wit such low key
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by holyfather(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
they 've not done badly,relatively speaking.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by batuns247yahoo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
kudos to etisalat they really done well to Nigeria, 0809ja[quote
author=Omooba77]Etisalat is 5 years old today in Nigeria;it started
operation in 2008 and it has brought enough of innovation to the telecom
industry. What tisalat in the last 5 years?[/quote]
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by eightsin(m): 3:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
Congrats to them! And may I say thank you on behalf of Nigeria to them..thanks for lending a hand in our development.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by hariorh: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
Eyop: Me too. Nothing will take me to Etisalat network.

At least its better than glo whose bis subscriptions end before its expiry date that was sent to u.
And their customer care officials still believe that if you don't have at least N100 on your bb, you won't be able to use the bis service on it. embarassed
pitiful...

angry
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by glathis(f): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Omooba77: Etisalat is 5 years old today in Nigeria;it started operation in 2008 and it has brought enough of innovation to the telecom industry. What can you say about Etisalat in the last 5 years?

MTN - first
ETISALAT - second
GLO - third
AIRTEL - forth
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by geebehn(m): 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
davades: I'm enjoying d Etisalat line I bought 3weeks ago....kudos to them

i don catch you, na because of cheat abi? .grin
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by elliottibanga(m): 4:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Happy birthday Etisalat. You ROck!
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Oothman(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
yimikaa: I see a lot of MTN staff on this thread.. Etisalat is the best..

God bless u bro...wi their free seconds bonus , my GF tinks am da best in d world
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by bonetalk(m): 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Their costumer care agent's indulgence made me to dumped the network, but before that time, their network was the best for me, i can only go back to that network if they can allow their Bb subscription to work on Android devices like that of Airtel, coz the network is fair in my area but still lack 3g network at my area(federal polytechnic ado-ekiti area).
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by rhames(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
coooll
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Bizibi(m): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
we the subscribers need affordable data plan
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by lumeneng22: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
5yrs of exploiting poor nigerians through versaltile security. Tunde durojaye is a disgrace to our fatherland, greedy yoruba oshi.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by nairaman66(m): 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lilimax: I've been using MTN for years but I've just discovered that Etisalat is the best
presently.

No na.. MTN are light years ahead of them! Even in terms of TERRIBLE NETWORK!! grin
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by makizee(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Etisalat started operations between June/ July 2008...I am sure of this cuz something significant was going on personally then...def not 1st of November..op has got ds info wrong..
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by cupid4ig(m): 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
deeptesting: Etisalat is the worst network in Nigeria....I got their subscription for my Mini Apple Ipad which i do pay 2000naira for 500MB..Believe me within 3 days or 4 they will send me an sms that i have used up my MB when i did not make any download or watch movie with it. On Wednesday 30th October 2013 at about 10.00PM i activated my subscription by loading 2000naira after sending the code *229*2*2# i received a feed back that i have 500MB active data plan only to receive a message by 1am when i was asleep that i have used up my data plan. I called their Customer care severally in the morning but they could not get give me any reasonable explanation on how my 500MB data plan was used up in less than 5 hours. My Etisalat phone number is 08178392086. My friend also experienced this same issue and ported to Visa phone.. 5 years of nonsense.
mine was 6gig it disappeared under 2hours from my modem I wan mad that day called but they never pick I face them on twitter no show and ever since then I have never used them again
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by popson1(m): 4:37am On Nov 02, 2013
etIsalat network Is more or less the best. this is not a biased comparison because what I couldnt do wIth my mtn lIne for browsing in three months, I have been doing it within three minutes with my etisalat line.
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by tonjeola(m): 5:49am On Nov 02, 2013
yimikaa: I see a lot of MTN staff on this thread.. Etisalat is the best..

MTN gives #1000 free airtime on my line monthly with only #100 recharged.
MTN no get mate, still the best...15 mb every week on #100 recharged
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by tonjeola(m): 5:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: Etisalat was the first to reduce network tarrif drastically in Nigeria.They started giving 15 MB data free when you recharge N200 before other network.
MTN gives 15 mb every week on N100 recharged and N1000 free airtime on N100 recharge every month, on my own line.
MTN STILL THE BEST TO ME!
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Osteve2(m): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2013
cashkid18: etimumu stil beta pass empty hen.kudos to them..am currently rocking wit etimumu freebrowsing cool cool cool
Share it
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Bome01(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2013
Olugbenger: They started well especially with their various tarrifs evolving variation in affordable data plans on mobile but they failed to effect distinct and important changes regards to latest developments. Even Mtn provides almost same quality of services especially data wise at very affordable fees, recently.
Well my etisalat sim is now very dusty.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
are u a learner?
Re: Etisalat Is 5 Years Today In Nigeria! by Bome01(m): 7:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Lilimax: I've been using MTN for years but I've just discovered that Etisalat is the best
presently.
GBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Generates N1.01trillion Revenue, Exceeds N770.5bn Year Target By 24% / I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines / What Profitable Business Can I Invest 3 Million Naira Into???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.