Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland (1093 Views)

Coalition Of 12 Civil Society Organisation's March Against Impunity In Abuja / Impeachment: Jonathan Tells Fayose To Resign, Says Time Of Impunity Is Over? / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by dami212: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2013
Please Observe The Following Rules: (skip)
1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.
I believe these are some of the rules in nairaland. From my observation nairalanders abuse and break these rules everyday without punishment especially in the political section. The way political office holders re been insulted and abused in nairaland shows how inexperience and half baked these moderators are. Their level of ethnocentrism and tribalism is too much. They allow people to abuse the president as if he's a nobody. The office of the president must be respected no matter who's their.the moderators must be removed or nairaland will lose its integrity. Laws are laws and they must be obeyed or we are savages. The rules must be obeyed

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by erad(m): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2013
I'm sorry but I need to ask, has the president complained to you? I hate when people just come and act like Nigerians are the only different disrespectful inconsiderate selfish uncultured people in the world. Libyans didn't only insult their president, they killed him and everyone was happy... why? Cos he was a tyrant? Why didn't you speak up then that they should respect his position and the office he held? As cruel as Ghaddafi was, he loved his people. He was only cruel to foreigners and I'm sure you understand why that is.

But we have a president with so much theoretical achievements and no physical indication of the achievements. The people are suffering and can't do anything about it because only the powerful get justice in Nigeria. All they have is their mouths, should they not talk too? Please allow them express their disappointment and pain verbally cos it's the only way they know how (aside mob action).

Let the president live up to his position and see if anyone will have his time again. They'll even praise him.

7 Likes

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2013
Do not open threads if you are high on weeds and hallucinogens.

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by deb(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2013
Believe me I will be the first to praise the President when he begins to do well.
I still remember that I did not vote Fashola the first time but hey I was wrong and I've been full of praises for him, I also went ahead to ensure his re-election and he has not disappointed still. Let your President do well and see if we will or will not praise him. Achievement is not by mouth and self proclamation of success; it is by action and the praises will come from the people

Suffice to say that you won't see the "impunity" you talked about here anymore. Meanwhile, our president should win award for high level of impunity under his government.

2 Likes

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by dami212: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2013
erad: I'm sorry but I need to ask, has the president complained to you? I hate when people just come and act like Nigerians are the only different disrespectful inconsiderate selfish uncultured people in the world. Libyans didn't only insult their president, they killed him and everyone was happy... why? Cos he was a tyrant? Why didn't you speak up then that they should respect his position and the office he held? As cruel as Ghaddafi was, he loved his people. He was only cruel to foreigners and I'm sure you understand why that is.

But we have a president with so much theoretical achievements and no physical indication of the achievements. The people are suffering and can't do anything about it because only the powerful get justice in Nigeria. All they have is their mouths, should they not talk too? Please allow them express their disappointment and pain verbally cos it's the only way they know how (aside mob action).

Let the president live up to his position and see if anyone will have his time again. They'll even praise him.
then we don't need rules in the forum. Don't make laws u cannot implement. Let the forum be like Thomas Hobbes state of nature. Just because Libyans did something(wrong) does not mean we will follow suite. I guess u will tell ur kids or siblings to copy d wrong thing because a Libyan has done it

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by erad(m): 8:50am On Nov 01, 2013
If you understood my post, you'll notice I'm not in support of what happened in Libya. Was just trying to ask where you were then with your anti-impunity campaign. Jonathan is not a nairaland member and I don't see anyone threatening to harm him. All they do is insult him which doesn't contravene any nairaland rule since he's not a nairalander.
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by pheesayor(m): 8:56am On Nov 01, 2013
All around the world president get insulted, even obsanjo from 1999-2007 was insulted even by his fellow yorubas but most of you weren't on nairaland yet. Yaradua got his dose of inslts ( being called a snail and all that). GEJ promised heaven and heaven during his campaigns and this got him massive votes but the people get below what they expect, would you blame the people for that?
If the president does well, just the way he got massive votes in 2011, he will also get massive praises.
dami212: then we don't need rules in the forum. Don't make laws u cannot implement. Let the forum be like Thomas Hobbes state of nature. Just because Libyans did something(wrong) does not mean we will follow suite. I guess u will tell ur kids or siblings to copy d wrong thing because a Libyan has done it
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Alikaxon(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2013
dami212: then we don't need rules in the forum. Don't make laws u cannot implement. Let the forum be like Thomas Hobbes state of nature. Just because Libyans did something(wrong) does not mean we will follow suite. I guess u will tell ur kids or siblings to copy d wrong thing because a Libyan has done it
what type of rules are u talking about. Now, let me quote u wrong. Were the president and governors not given rules? Rules to spend the people's money sincerely, rules to take care of its citizens... Etc. Do all of dem keep these rules? U hear of some minister buying 2 cars for 225 million naira and u expect d pple to clap for her and respect her office?? Recently, freedom of information bill has been passed, and i swear, i can open my mouth anywer and condemn any politician condemnable and nothing will happen; i hav a law to back it up. Haven't people been praising some public office holders in this same nairaland?? If they do well, people wil praise dem, if dey dn't, people wil aswel condemn dem. Any politician who mismanages the people's money had broke the rule too, what purnishment had been given to dem?? My former Governor "Ibori" is in prison, yet still celebrating birthday in grand style... But a hungry man dat stills garri in de market will work to death in d prison... I use dis oppurtunity to commend some governors dat i kw in my own view are doing well; Adams oshiomole, Babatunde fashola, Rochas okorocha, Godswill Akpabio etc... Did i nt just praise dem? Let dem keep it up. God bless dem.

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Licensed2Kill(m): 9:05am On Nov 01, 2013
Actually, callin jonathan clueless, ignoramus, incompetent, incapable etcetera etcetera is actuallin describin him for wot he really is. More lyk callin a spade a spade.
...and the truth shall set you free.
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Danhumprey: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2013
The OP is confused. The rules on Nairaland were created to guide the day to day working and functioning of this Forum and how the members and Moderators behave and nothing more. Even President Barack Obama,the president of the most powerful nation in the world,is insulted. Yet,why haven't he did anything silly? Or why haven't he release the weapons at his disposal against those insulting him? The fact is,when you do well,you would be praised. But when you do wrong,you would be condemned and insulted.
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Mods abeg make una close dis thread. Dis Op is high on cheap cannabis undecided
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Alikaxon(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2013
fabulousfortune: Mods abeg make una close dis thread. Dis Op is high on cheap cannabis undecided
hahahahaha, mods shud beta close d thread. Mayb d op was paid 4 d advert.
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Brimmie(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Actually, callin jonathan clueless, ignoramus, incompetent, incapable etcetera etcetera is actuallin describin him for wot he really is. More lyk callin a spade a spade.
...and the truth shall set you free.

That was short and on-point! EoD!
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by solomon111(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2013
deb: Believe me I will be the first to praise the President when he begins to do well.
I still remember that I did not vote Fashola the first time but hey I was wrong and I've been full of praises for him, I also went ahead to ensure his re-election and he has not disappointed still. Let your President do well and see if we will or will not praise him. Achievement is not by mouth and self proclamation of success; it is by action and the praises will come from the people

Suffice to say that you won't see the "impunity" you talked about here anymore. Meanwhile, our president should win award for high level of impunity under his government.
If you think fashole whose administration is currently carrying out one of the most corrupt project in africa has not disappointed you as an unbiased citizen,then you should not vote again next time.
You're simply not informed enough to vote.
I may be wrong though,you sound like an APC goon trying to play on emotions.

2 Likes

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by engrtee(f): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2013
Seun over to you
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by Techsoldier: 11:48am On Nov 01, 2013
I understand the guy's point & they're probably right. But don't expect mods to start banning people coz of that. It's stuff like that that makes Nairaland interesting, otherwise it'll be boring. & pls what's the full meaning of OP?
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by duality(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by seunfly: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
erad: I'm sorry but I need to ask, has the president complained to you? I hate when people just come and act like Nigerians are the only different disrespectful inconsiderate selfish uncultured people in the world. Libyans didn't only insult their president, they killed him and everyone was happy... why? Cos he was a tyrant? Why didn't you speak up then that they should respect his position and the office he held? As cruel as Ghaddafi was, he loved his people. He was only cruel to foreigners and I'm sure you understand why that is.

You have said it all. To make the matter worst some people even come to defend the president and his ministers in a way that insult people's inteligence. This anger nairalanders the more and reduced sympaty, respect and love for oga jona the more.
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by ikeyman00(m): 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^ TYPICAL oduduwa double standard

meanwhile Bankole, FFK etc still dey enjoy their massive loot

una get real and let me know

1 Like

Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by omenka(m): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Actually, neither the mods nor Seun can help the situation. Nairaland is not a charity organization, neither is it a non-profit NGO. It's a business enterprise and must be profitable. Profitability comes from advert placements. Adverts come for traffic generated by the site. And sadly, the very behaviors which the administrators proscribe are the very same elements that tend to pull crowd here!!! So you see, should the mods start a strict enforcement of these rules, you'd see threads generating far fewer comments and viewers! The site "may" ultimately lose its appeal, and then the rest, they say, would be history!!
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by ikeyman00(m): 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^ u are joke

i think there always have to be a balance

try to cope one or 2 from BBC

stop trying to be smart
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by seunfly: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^ TYPICAL oduduwa double standard

mean Bankole, FFK etc still dey enjoy their massive loot

una get real and let me know
which kind of breed are u people made of I never exonorate anybody yet u asume and quick to make it tribal, ''president and his ministers'' include all ministers from every region no one is pointing to one tribe. In case of bankole we all condemed him and we called him ''bank ole'' as at that time despite d money was shared among all d dishonorable members of the house at that time, FFK does not have any major scandals as at that time, Tafa Balogun and Bode george had their dose of insult. But what is the problem with u people? Always quick to call yoruba in everything yet u will still claim others are tribalist, u can't do with out one conspiracy or another. Every life u live, every step u take, every thing u think of, is always about conspiracy. Ahaaahaa!!! Can't u drop tribalism and conspiracy for some minutes?
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by ikeyman00(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
^^^ NONESENSE
Re: High Level Of Impunity In Nairaland by ikeyman00(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
@@@

lets be serious

shall we?

without Igbo frenzy (u know what i mean) in nairaland politics section is dead

some believe without ndi igbo nigeria is long dead!
now answer me

do u agree
?

(1) (Reply)

2015: Sycophants Putting Jonathan Under Pressure – APC, nPDP / Chief Willie Obiano Comment At The Church Today (picture) / A Letter Of Appeal To President Goodluck Jonathan From Olusegun Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.