Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK (2742 Views)

Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / 2015 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme / Nigeria LNG (nlng) Post-graduate SCHOLARSHIP (to the UK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Applications are now being accepted into the Nigeria LNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2014.
Application form for the scholarships can be downloaded here. Completed application form, along with an attached coloured passport photograph of the applicant should be submitted via email to nlngpgscholarship@ng.britishcouncil.org

Criteria for Award
Potential beneficiaries must:

- Be entering into a Master’s programme in Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology, Law and Medicine

- Possess a 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study

-Have completed the NYSC programme

- Be no more than 30 years of age

- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria

- Provide identification documents from their L.G.A.s

- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2014 if selected

The Application Process
The application form is to be completed and submitted along with a coloured recent passport photo of the applicant. Documents are not to be attached to the form as these will not be accepted. Applications into the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme will be received only via email at nlngpgscholarship@ng.britishcouncil.org. Exceptions will be given only to applicants with ‘special needs’.

Please note that due to the large number of applications, we are unable to enter into correspondence with applicants and will contact only those who are successfully shortlisted.

Application deadline is midnight on Friday, 15th November 2013. Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
Copied from:: http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/11/2014-nlng-post-graduate-scholarship.html
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by philfearon(m): 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Okay
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by onyibajoe(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2013
*- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2014 if selected*
Pls what is this requirement all about?
I don't understand it.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by gongo88: 8:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Pls I have all the requirements except one that is the NYSC certificate.I am going to be among the batch C corpers this november. Since this NLNG scholarship is for 2014, and I want to do my masters in 2014, how do I go about the NYSC certificate that I don't have yet?
Thank you.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by joxiri: 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
I think you will need to provide evidence if short listed
Pls does one have to print out the form fill it in and scan and email it back or can u just fill in the application form online
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
onyibajoe: *- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2014 if selected*
Pls what is this requirement all about?
I don't understand it.
An international passport valid through 2015 will suffice.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
gongo88: Pls I have all the requirements except one that is the NYSC certificate.I am going to be among the batch C corpers this november. Since this NLNG scholarship is for 2014, and I want to do my masters in 2014, how do I go about the NYSC certificate that I don't have yet?
Thank you.
Unfortunately, your NYSC certificate may not be ready by the time shortlisting commences.
However, there is no harm in trying (if you won't mind the little stress).
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
joxiri:
I think you will need to provide evidence if short listed
Pls does one have to print out the form fill it in and scan and email it back or can u just fill in the application form online
Its the former...you will have to print out the form, fill it (in BLACK ink) or type those few fields you can, scan the pages and upload to the designated email address .
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Carsonv(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
I've sent it my application and haven't received an acknowledgement mail after 24 hours.

Should I be worried?
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 8:30am On Nov 07, 2013
Carsonv: I've sent it my application and haven't received an acknowledgement mail after 24 hours.

Should I be worried?
No, you shouldn't.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by onyibajoe(m): 8:40am On Nov 07, 2013
What about this in line manager. What is it about?
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2013
its saying the mailbox is full. i don't know what else to do.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by ikenna58(m): 10:53am On Nov 11, 2013
If you print out the form, fill with pen, scan and send to the email, then that is one big mistake! The form was designed in such a way that you can fill in everything, upload and tick those boxes without having to print out anything!

If you haven't got an acknowledgement mail, then your form wasn't received or filtered out maybe because u printed it and scanned it. So its a thing of worry. Try resending

Unfortunately, every email is set to receive a certain limit of mails. If the mail box is full, then the email limit is reached and no other application can be received. That is why it is always good to make hay while the sun is still shining
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 6:07am On Nov 13, 2013
ikenna58: If you print out the form, fill with pen, scan and send to the email, then that is one big mistake! The form was designed in such a way that you can fill in everything, upload and tick those boxes without having to print out anything!

If you haven't got an acknowledgement mail, then your form wasn't received or filtered out maybe because u printed it and scanned it. So its a thing of worry. Try resending

Unfortunately, every email is set to receive a certain limit of mails. If the mail box is full, then the email limit is reached and no other application can be received. That is why it is always good to make hay while the sun is still shining
Thanks for the new approach. I got a couple of mails from people having difficulty doing certain things on the form. I'll appreciate it if you can shed some light on how you attached your passport photo and ticked the boxes where necessary.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Carsonv(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2013
The instruction on the form says you should attach your recent passport photo to the mail, not to the form.

If you want to check any of the checkboxes, just double click on the box. The interactive window that opens, choose CHECKED against UNCHECKED and your good to go.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 11:51am On Nov 13, 2013
Carsonv: The instruction on the form says you should attach your recent passport photo to the mail, not to the form.

If you want to check any of the checkboxes, just double click on the box. The interactive window that opens, choose CHECKED against UNCHECKED and your good to go.
Thanks (y)
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
Today is the application deadline date, hope you were all able to put your entries through.
Success.
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Carsonv(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Today makes it exactly one month since application deadline. Has anyone heard word from them?
Re: 2014 NLNG Post-graduate Scholarship Scheme - UK by Olsey: 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Seasons greetings. Wishing you all greater accomplishments in 2014.

(1) (Reply)

Institute For Entrepreneurship Development Studies, OAU / Riot In Auchi Polytechnic, 3 Reportedly Killed(photos) / Is The Corona Virus Giving Negative Publicity To This Lagos Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.