Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday (9707 Views)

Lagos Assembly Orders Relocation Of Mile 12 And Owode Markets / Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
look at him defending the oba of lagos that have ordered closure of markets. Bigot! if it was Igbo he wouldn't have said PM news haven't confirmed the story, but be blabbing about that people are defending the Igbo person.

Bigot! imagine this same person saying that it is wrong for people to support stella and he is here supporting an oba on his rubbish.

BIGOTED SOUL.
naptu2: That would be very strange, because the Oba issued a statement that he wants a low key birthday, no parties, events or celebrations, just prayers. He also said that he doesn't want any gifts and that those who wish to give him gifts should donate such gifts to orphanages.

Note that PM News was not able to confirm the story from the Palace.

1 Like

Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by naptu2: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
donchris33: look at him defending the oba of lagos that have ordered closure of markets. Bigot! if it was Igbo he wouldn't have said PM news haven't confirmed the story, but be blabbing about that people are defending the Igbo person.

Bigot! imagine this same person saying that it is wrong for people to support stella and he is here supporting an oba on his rubbish.

BIGOTED SOUL.

Here he comes again with emotions.

Where's your proof that the Oba of Lagos ordered closures? Can you provide any proof or are you just inventing things again? PM News said it couldn't get confirmation, the Palace says it's having a low key birthday, yet you are inventing things.

Show me where I defended any closure. I'm beginning to wonder if you can read and comprehend my posts.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
PLEASE CAN YOU SHOW ME YOUR OWN PROOF THAT STELLA IS A THIEF?

SHOW ME THE PROOF. BIGOTED SOUL.
naptu2:

Here he comes again with emotions.

Where's your proof that the Oba of Lagos ordered closures? Can you provide any proof or are you just inventing things again? PM News said it couldn't get confirmation, the Palace says it's having a low key birthday, yet you are inventing things.

Show me where I defended any closure. I'm beginning to wonder if you can read and comprehend my posts.

1 Like

Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by naptu2: 7:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
donchris33: PLEASE CAN YOU SHOW ME YOUR OWN PROOF THAT STELLA IS A THIEF?

SHOW ME THE PROOF. BIGOTED SOUL.

And when did I say that Stella is a thief? Can you show me any proof of anywhere that I said that Stella is a thief.

I dare you to provide proof. Don't run away, or change subject, just show proof. If you are a man, provide proof. I'm waiting.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
^
If he does not reply does dat mak him a woman?
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by naptu2: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
Vickii Ro: ^

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHa

You said it.

Let's see what he'll come up with this time.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by felifeli: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
Vickii Ro: ^
It means he is gay grin grin grin grin
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
look at this one going around shouting down those supporting stella. why wont people support her. has she been convicted? if no, then why are you after people supporting. That means for you she is a thief. whether am a man or a woman in your imaginary world ,does that change who am I? shift bigot make I see road jorrrhhhhh.
naptu2:

And when did I say that Stella is a thief? Can you show me any proof of anywhere that I said that Stella is a thief.

I dare you to provide proof. Don't run away, or change subject, just show proof. If you are a man, provide proof. I'm waiting.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by naptu2: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2013
And that's your proof? Good God! What school did he go to?

Your tactics is always the same, run away or change subject.

I'm done with you, run along.

It's not too late to show proof though.

5 allegations he made and I asked him for proof. He can't provide proof for even one. All he does is get emotional like a little girl and throw tantrums.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
lolz, I went to the school that unmask BIGOTZ like you.

YOU ARE A CONFIRMED BIGOT.
naptu2: And that's your proof? Good God! What school did he go to?

Your tactics is always the same, run away or change subject.

I'm done with you, run along.
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by lastpage: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2013
Baba_Eleko: It's a long age tradition. This happens during Oyekan's reign. It's a cultural thing so make una stfu in advance to other zombies wey go comment after me or go back to Onitsha or Aba as Lakhadimar advised.

But really, this is becoming too much now? This closing of markets at every sneeze and cough of a few!!
These markets are the source of people's livelihood and if l remember, they paid handsomely to use this market!!

Granted that it is an "age-long tradition" but in those days of "traditions", when "Obas are Obas" (not like the tout we have in lagos now), when tradition was respected and not every thief and looter is given chieftaincy title, ... in those days when Thunder would strike you dead ASAP, if you violate or abuse privileges granted you by the same tradition, in those days, Markets dont get closed for every Tom, Dike and Hillary now?

I guess very soon, Markets will be closed when Tinubu's daughter gives birth and l bet the next one will be done during his wife's monthly cycle! shocked shocked

This is just stewpidity at its height!

You cant be impoverishing other people, denying them of their legally entitled income (after looting their taxes!), just because you want to show that you are "in power"?

In sensible climates, "business holidays" like this are carefully planned and known beforehand.
I am disappointed that even Fashola, who is a legal luminary and a learned mind, knowing that there is no "legal basis" to close the markets anytime Tinubu or any of his cronies wants to "do Owambe", is a party to this shenannigan.

Truly, this our dear country is gone to the dogs.
Shame of this sort of tradition and those who practice it. As a born, raised and well-bred of Lagos, this rubbish does not in any way represent the Yoruba tradition that l know, grew-up in and represent
Just imagine closing all Markets in Lagos during Thiefnubus' Birth day, Fashola's father's burial, Tinubu's daughter's selection as Iyaloja General of Nigeria (which Nigeria sef, does her Iyaloja extends beyond Idumota? grin ), what time is left for the traders to engage in profitable economic activities? ... abi na traders kill fashola's father or wetin concern traders if Oba of lagos wants a "quiet B/day celebration"?
Why cant that Oba sef, use his common sense and fiat, to do the right thing by ordering that markets should remain open (instead of speaking from both sides of the mouth like a common truant!)

Lastpage!

BTW: This has nothing to do with that thieving stella or Yorubas or Igbos.
l am a thorough-bred Lagos-Yoruba of many generations and l tell you, these "wanton action" is not our tradition as some are trying to allude, it is overzealousness and abuse of power on the part of some rascals, including the "bastardized traditional Obaship stool" of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by macof(m): 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
NO LONG TIN: If GEJ had done this (close markets), what will you say?

If your response will be the same, then congrats you aren't a hypocrite.

Note: this goes to everyone for or against GEJ

GEJ doesn't own Lagos markets, But the Oba of Eko does.

In the presence of lagosians Oba of Lagos is their head not any stupid president of Nigeria
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by maddman: 8:53am On Nov 04, 2013
wetin concern agbero and overload
Re: Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday by naijacutee(f): 11:19am On Nov 04, 2013
Our people are so steeped in tribalism in this day and age. Why can't we be the change that we want to see?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Revokes Licences Of 25 Mortgage Banks / Daily Rollover Of 1.20 To 1.50 Odds. / Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.