Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android (4282 Views)

Celestial Church Of Christ Hymns (cccmyhymns) Now On Android with pictures! / Ole! Catch The Thief! (destination: UNILAG)... Early Stages Of Development Video / Nigeria First Free And Open Source Education Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by crystalray(m): 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android is now available for free download on MTN's NextPlay store on:

http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/30418

Works best with devices > 4.0.

The game was built by a Unilag GUY...and its an endless runner in which you have to chase a thief down UNILAG's main road endlessly while picking up naira notes and riding on an okada and doing special combos.

Support these guys OH! After playing tell me what you think!
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nice...

But just to clear d air...its not the first...
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Ajibel(m): 7:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Excuse me, why is e'ryone just developing for ANDROID angry
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Android owns d mobile market in terms of apps n games....BlackBerry is dead....iOS needs a Mac....s60 is history.... java is prehistoric... Ubuntu hasn't settled yet...windows not much users....

Android is just IT

2 Likes

Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by dpuzo: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Android owns d mobile market in terms of apps n games....BlackBerry is dead....iOS needs a Mac....s60 is history.... java is prehistoric... Ubuntu hasn't settled yet...windows not much users....

Android is just IT

Android is java

3 Likes

Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2013
dpuzo:

Android is java
I mean s40....not java as in java programming or anything else ..

I know Andy is java....ish
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Ajibel(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Which market Local(Nigeria) or Int'l market
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajibel: Excuse me, why is e'ryone just developing for ANDROID angry
cus android owns 86% of the entire smartphone market and about 50% in Nigeria all tanks to tecno
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Ajibel(m): 5:31am On Nov 02, 2013
CODE-EATER:

Android is just IT

iThink Android is favored cuz of the popularity of Java for mobile devices. My bro has been compelling me to learn android app devt which i declined buh i just thought the popularity of android is just hyped in Nigeria. embarassed
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Ajibel(m): 5:34am On Nov 02, 2013
Preboy: cus android owns 86% of the entire smartphone market and about 50% in Nigeria all tanks to tecno

Nna nwokem, jiri ya nwanyo shocked from where u grab that stats grin grin grin

Anyway doe, maybe one just has to swim with the tide

*sighs*
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2013
Ajibel:

Nna nwokem, jiri ya nwanyo shocked from where u grab that stats grin grin grin

Anyway doe, maybe one just has to swim with the tide

*sighs*
I saw it somewhere, dey were mocking blackberry (1%) and it was the stat for this week
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2013
CODE-EATER:
I mean s40....not java as in java programming or anything else ..

I know Andy is java....ish
actually android is not Java only the API is you can use native c++
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
pc guru:
actually android is not Java only the API is you can use native c++

Which is why "ish" is there...
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2013
I like Andy Cuz its open.. n free....

U can even create an app with java ,native c or phonegap for android devic WITH AN ANDROID DEVICE...also allows use of php,ruby Python, etc to code apps...
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2013
CODE-EATER:
I like Andy Cuz its open.. n free....

U can even create an app with java ,native c or phonegap for android devic WITH AN ANDROID DEVICE...also allows use of php,ruby Python, etc to code apps...

I heard, python is super slow on android is this true?
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Preboy: I heard, python is super slow on android is this true?

Lol.. u make it sound snailish....yea....its slow... but not 2 bad
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
CODE-EATER:

Lol.. u make it sound snailish....yea....its slow... but not 2 bad
k is jpython better than cpython
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by dpuzo: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
Una don forget d topic sef. Good effort but still waitin to see a nice 3d game done in this country. U guys need to work a little bit harda. I've downloaded most games sampled on nairaland for the mtn comp jst to patronize sha but no 3d game yet bc dey are too large and the screenshots arent so encouraging. Nice effort all the same and please guys focus on the topic.
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Preboy: k is jpython better than cpython

Based on which benchmarks?
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 03, 2013
crystalray: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android is now available for free download on MTN's NextPlay store on:

http://nextapps.mtnonline.com/30418

Works best with devices > 4.0.

The game was built by a Unilag GUY...and its an endless runner in which you have to chase a thief down UNILAG's main road endlessly while picking up naira notes and riding on an okada and doing special combos.

Support these guys OH! After playing tell me what you think!

Had to dig out my Nexus 7 to play this.

It felt sloppy, almost as though the developer was just beginning to figure out how OpenGL works.

Could be better.
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by crystalray(m): 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
lol...the developer is 20 years old...lol thanks for the criticism....will pass the msg...it helps to build us, yeah, i guess 'openGL' can be a really tough nut.
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by CODEEATER(m): 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
crystalray: lol...the developer is 20 years old...lol thanks for the criticism....will pass the msg...it helps to build us, yeah, i guess 'openGL' can be a really tough nut.

Bro....dez r d faults I find:

1. Doesn't pause or resume after an interrupted session, e.g phone call or minimize,just hangs.

2. The name is catch the thieve, but I see myself not only running up to him but even running past him and into a void..it aught to be an endless runner,right?

3. It seems u had only big phones n tablets in mind...cause it looks like a cramped up taxi in small screens (everything is just tight n even overlapping each others edges...)

View ss below for the void I mentioned earlier...

Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by crystalray(m): 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks for pointing that out. According to the developer, 'android gpu capabilities vary. The bug is due to differences in pixel-specific rendering and processor drawcalls on different devices. Like you pointed out the game was developed and tested with high end devices (Tecno Phantom A+ actually with pixel shader > 2.0). We're working on correcting and improving the game for a second release..."

Thanks guys. We welcome positive criticisms and suggestions.
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Please can someone post some couple of screenshots here
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 05, 2013
the void is painful and pls improve the graphics, I no fit even catch the guy o
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by paulm1: 1:06am On Nov 05, 2013
good work dat needs Improvement.
anybody with good skills in robotism/ 3D animation should pls contact me on 08039379706. the person can as well email me - paulmeanz@yahoo.com, so we can talk
Re: Catch The Thief - Nigeria's First 3D Game On Android by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 05, 2013
crystalray: Thanks for pointing that out. According to the developer, 'android gpu capabilities vary. The bug is due to differences in pixel-specific rendering and processor drawcalls on different devices. Like you pointed out the game was developed and tested with high end devices (Tecno Phantom A+ actually with pixel shader > 2.0). We're working on correcting and improving the game for a second release..."

am not going to lie graphic wise yeah it looks weird but am impressed a Nigerian went the extra mile to start 3d development especially with OpenGL and nice one I believe the dev will gradually improve till he becomes very good. Nice work

Thanks guys. We welcome positive criticisms and suggestions.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Sure That Your Wordpress Website Won't Be Hacked / Best C/C++ Compiler? / I Need Help On C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.