Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond (14352 Views)

Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos) / US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by israel007: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
They shouldn't just stop there. They should make it visa free
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by mickjagger(m): 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2013
vivacious vivi: Great news indeed! But I believe Ghana was on the list. Why was it removed?

Government plans to force visitors from “high risk” countries to pay a £3,000 security bond to enter the UK have been scrapped, it is understood. Home Secretary Theresa May’s scheme was due to be piloted from this month as a way of deterring temporary visitors from staying on in the UK after their visas expire.

It had been suggested that visitors from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana and Nigeria would be required to pay the deposit for a six-month visa, but it is understood the scheme has now been scrapped. http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/94879134-4468-11e3-8926-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2jbYwxUHS

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by phantom(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
VERY FUNNY!!!maybe its beginning to dawn on them that nobody will pay that amount to vist an overrated country.other countries are looking for how to open their borders,these conservative i.diots are closing theirs.funny lot.
my younger sister and the husband are looking for how to runaway to canada.they complain the UK is stiffling.since she visited texas,shes not been herself. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
All my English colleagues are either staying in spain or Malaysia. Running away from their tax system. Nigerians are running into the system.
Anyway, na dem sabi

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by creativemusic: 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dback to sender grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by eaglechild: 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
horchukoh: Still prefer south africa than uk the only thing that can make me go there is because of my darling football club Chelsea.
I totally agree with you,
SA offers more fun to tourists,
a variety of things to do from wildlife to extreme sports, all in good weather.

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Burger01(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Who wants to go to UK That dry, lonely and deserted shithole. undecided

5 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Psylas(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
gboss4sure: Make dem de wait for 3000 dollars. Hungry country
euros u dey talk abwt dollars
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by lymelyte(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
undecided
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Tusk: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
Well,this goes to show that Nigeria is indeed very influential and too important to impose a limit(bond) on. Naija we hail thee!
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Frustration must be killing some people.

"who wants to go to the UK"?
"UK is dry at the moment, I'd rather spend the visa bond money in Nigeria"
"Make dem de wait for 3000 dollars. Hungry country"
"Why dem get change of Heart? Dem for stop am nah,see how much visa fee money dem for lose."
"I wouldn't spend a penny to visit the UK. Of all the places in the world why would anyone hand over 3000 GBP to visit northern Europe?"
"Not surprised, number of visa applications will surely drop which will affect their tourism."
"UK wey broke pass my grand mom"
"Still prefer south africa than uk the only thing that can make me go there is because of my darling football club Chelsea."

FRUSTRATION!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by on3simus: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
It has been scrapped.
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by toprealman: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Confused island.
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by alnaijiri(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
Too late, Britain. We're already taking over your country. In a few generations, we'll outnumber you in your own land. Your capital isn't called Londonistan for nothing.

Britain and Western Europe, there is no escaping your future as Islamic lands.

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by dasparrow: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Post

Why did they change their minds? I look forward to a time when Africans will shun all these western nations and rather travel to other African countries that have a lot to offer in regards to tourism and even university education.

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by horchukoh(m): 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Mr man is not a must u quote people's comment here if you dont have anything to post ok
calebo101: Frustration must be killing some people.

"who wants to go to the UK"?
"UK is dry at the moment, I'd rather spend the visa bond money in Nigeria"
"Make dem de wait for 3000 dollars. Hungry country"
"Why dem get change of Heart? Dem for stop am nah,see how much visa fee money dem for lose."
"I wouldn't spend a penny to visit the UK. Of all the places in the world why would anyone hand over 3000 GBP to visit northern Europe?"
"Not surprised, number of visa applications will surely drop which will affect their tourism."
"UK wey broke pass my grand mom"
"Still prefer south africa than uk the only thing that can make me go there is because of my darling football club Chelsea."

FRUSTRATION!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by rafcrown(m): 8:41pm On Nov 03, 2013
U TURN ALWAYS
GO HOME VAN ALREADY GROUNDED
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by bobokelly(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2013
Cant even travel to UK, unless if i have an important things to do there, then i will get-out, UK of all countries.
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
eddiebruk:

Were you for see dollars, no be pounds uk dey use chairman?

Thats a result of been too familiar with dollars, no be my fault
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Lamasta(m): 8:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
What is UK?
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 03, 2013
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh.....thank Jehovah!
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Idowuogbo(f): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lamasta: What is UK?
Uncle Kunlikuli

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by fckyourman: 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Uncle Kunlikuli

loL YOU made my day
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by volcanoash(f): 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
If I have 3000 pounds, why would I go to UK
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nnadiguyman20(m): 12:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Wow!
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by danieee(m): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2013
volcano_ash: If I have 3000 pounds, why would I go to UK

hahaha
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by MattMelty: 12:49am On Nov 04, 2013
ndi ara.... if nt for bad leadership & religious sentiment, they would have been the ones hustling to come live here. No be una fault... For me, I'd rather go to China or the US than find myself in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 04, 2013
You guys shouldn't be mad at leaders that are always looking for ways of taking decisions for the interest if their country. That Nigerian leaders don't care about Nigeria and Nigerians doesn't mean other countries' leaders shouldn't.
There are lots if labour related immigration issues to sort out in Nigeria especially as it relates to Nigerian workers, foreign companies and expats and none of your politicians is doing anything about it. In Britain, illegal immigration has been a big issue and the Tories are looking for ways to sort it out. Immigration is a big issue even in Nigerian only that Nigerian politicians don't know how to solve any problem. They have no clue. Remember, the 3000 is refundable if the immigrant complies to the terms of his/her visa which she agreed to the day the visa was issued. Sentiment apart, let's call a spade a spade. Uk doesn't mind immigration. They just don't want riff raff coming in here to cause trouble and British jobs should be for the Brita first. Nothing wrong with that. Nigerian jobs (if any) should be for nigerian, that's if nigerian leaders will care enough about Nigerians to have such policies.We don't like obeying rules and complying to agreement. If Nigerian government introduces such policy, British people will still pay and comply but I don't think the same will be said of nigerian visa applicant. For those that bad mouth Britain because Nigerian economy is growing,you have no idea what you are talking about. Compare Britain to Nigeria using all know indices, it will take Nigeria at least 200years to be like Britain, that's assuming GB remains stagnant. Am not trying to be funny and I love Nigeria but Nigeria is still a developing within the next 11, provides less opportunity naff hope for its people and lagging behind the BRIC emerging markets.
Britain is 60mil in population, with over £1t GDP representing 4% of world economy. Oldest democracy with more global influence than the whole of Africa put together, owns the global language and time zone for international business. Compare it with Nigeria: population of 170m, GDP if £180bln.
There are 109 universities in the uk and 133 higher education all fully funded and managed, and can never be on strike for 4 months.
The ignorance and illiteracy in this NL is just too much

1 Like

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by ROCKJ1(m): 1:34am On Nov 04, 2013
EBK2: You guys shouldn't be mad at leaders that are always looking for ways of taking decisions for the interest if their country. That Nigerian leaders don't care about Nigeria and Nigerians doesn't mean other countries' leaders shouldn't.
There are lots if labour related immigration issues to sort out in Nigeria especially as it relates to Nigerian workers, foreign companies and expats and none of your politicians is doing anything about it. In Britain, illegal immigration has been a big issue and the Tories are looking for ways to sort it out. Immigration is a big issue even in Nigerian only that Nigerian politicians don't know how to solve any problem. They have no clue. Remember, the 3000 is refundable if the immigrant complies to the terms of his/her visa which she agreed to the day the visa was issued. Sentiment apart, let's call a spade a spade. Uk doesn't mind immigration. They just don't want riff raff coming in here to cause trouble and British jobs should be for the Brita first. Nothing wrong with that. Nigerian jobs (if any) should be for nigerian, that's if nigerian leaders will care enough about Nigerians to have such policies.We don't like obeying rules and complying to agreement. If Nigerian government introduces such policy, British people will still pay and comply but I don't think the same will be said of nigerian visa applicant. For those that bad mouth Britain because Nigerian economy is growing,you have no idea what you are talking about. Compare Britain to Nigeria using all know indices, it will take Nigeria at least 200years to be like Britain, that's assuming GB remains stagnant. Am not trying to be funny and I love Nigeria but Nigeria is still a developing within the next 11, provides less opportunity naff hope for its people and lagging behind the BRIC emerging markets.
Britain is 60mil in population, with over £1t GDP representing 4% of world economy. Oldest democracy with more global influence than the whole of Africa put together, owns the global language and time zone for international business. Compare it with Nigeria: population of 170m, GDP if £180bln.
There are 109 universities in the uk and 133 higher education all fully funded and managed, and can never be on strike for 4 months.

Abeg go siddon for gutter.
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by mystery001(m): 1:48am On Nov 04, 2013
EBK2: You guys shouldn't be mad at leaders that are always looking for ways of taking decisions for the interest if their country. That Nigerian leaders don't care about Nigeria and Nigerians doesn't mean other countries' leaders shouldn't.
Thank you very much. Nigerians why don't you atleast make your own country great instead of lamenting over that 'small island'. Oh you now want to go and over populate other countries abi? What people need to know is aesthetics or beauty alone of a country is not the only criteria for measuring it. Well as a tourist that might be a yardstick but certainly not for an other measurements. What about workable systems? Every serious country plans for immigration issue. What of our country? We only see the officers in Airports or in their offices but we have not had any serious immigration debates. Heck how I would be surprised if anything Immigration is taught at Undergrad level in our Unis. That we don't have immigration issues isn't a good thing in itself. It shows that we are not able to attract a considerable amount of people across the spectrum to Nigeria. Let's deal with our problems first!
Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by cap28: 3:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Comparing Nigeria to a country that built its wealth on the enslavement of Africans of and the theft of Africa's resources is like comparing a victim of armed robbery with an armed robber snd pointing out how much richer and successful the armed robber is. Reading your type of posts makes me realise how much the nigerian educational system has failed

5 Likes

Re: UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond by richjohn1(m): 6:09am On Nov 04, 2013
EBK2 isn't Nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Happening On The Badagry Axis? / Passengers Assault Turkish Airline Staffs Over Rescheduled Flight / Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.