Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Atheist Quotes Of The Day. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. (1633 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:41am On Nov 02, 2013
I don't know if a similar thread exists already but I ve got some cool quotes I'd like to share. Feel free to drop yours too wink
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:43am On Nov 02, 2013
When creating a God, the most important thing is to claim it is invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in any way. Otherwise people will become skeptical when it appears to no one, is silent and does absolutely nothing. ~ Anonymous

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. ~ Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:46am On Nov 02, 2013
Give a man fish, u feed him 4 a day;
Teach him how 2 catch fish, he will feed himself 4 a life time. Give him religion, he will starve 2 death while praying 4 fish. ~Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2013
“To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin.” -Cardinal Bellarmino 1615, during the trial of Galileo

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:49am On Nov 02, 2013
As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don’t know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don’t know, 50,000,000 years of that I’d start to get a little bored. (Rick Reynolds)

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:50am On Nov 02, 2013
"Have you ever wondered why Jesus isn't spending eternity in hell if he died for all mankind's sins?"-- Marcus Tracy

5 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:51am On Nov 02, 2013
Why do christains laugh at muslims reward of Ten virgins in Heaven...."If they do Allah's will" and yet they do not see any funny joke in their own "Mansions waiting for them in Heaven"? ~ Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:53am On Nov 02, 2013
"Yes I understand that you're a good god fearing conservative christian, and that my anti-religious left wing posts offend you and your god, and yes you think I should refrain from this wickedness.... I think you should pray for me to stop."-- Ignots Pistachio
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:54am On Nov 02, 2013
They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved. ~Pontiac

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2013
"And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence." - Bertrand Russell

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 12:57am On Nov 02, 2013
“If you stop telling people it’s all sorted out after they’re dead, they might try sorting it all out while
they’re still alive.” — Good Omens

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by MMBologi(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2013
alpha_scorpio: "Have you ever wondered why Jesus isn't spending eternity in hell if he died for all mankind's sins?"-- Marcus Tracy
i wonder too.
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:01am On Nov 02, 2013
If God thinks it’s so important for us to believe in him, why does he make it so difficult? Surely he understands that with only thousands of years of hearsay, it’s
kind of difficult.
If it’s crucial for everyone in the world to believe in his existence,wouldn’t he make it obvious? Write it in the sky, or perhaps a prime-time TV show?
“Nice to meetcha, I’m God, let’s go hang out at Starbucks and I can give you some concrete proof
of Me over chai and scones.” ~ Anonymous
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:04am On Nov 02, 2013
If you are a black christain, you have a very short memory. ~ chris rock

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:08am On Nov 02, 2013
“If god is omnipotent, how come so many people, from
police, politicians, paid experts, and witnesses still manage to lie in court while under oath, even after having implored god to help them tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”—Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:10am On Nov 02, 2013
"When you believe something only through faith you should not be surprised to be ridiculed for a lack of critical thinking and maturity."-- Bob Peters

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:12am On Nov 02, 2013
"Isn't it interesting how folks will doubt the authenticity of almost every picture on Facebook screaming "Photoshop", but will blindly believe in the invisible sky fairy when there has never been any concrete proof as to its existence."-- Thomas Osborne

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Religion is "so absurd that it comes close to imbecility." - H.L. Mencken

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:16am On Nov 02, 2013
“Science knows it doesn't know everything; otherwise, it'd stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.”― Dara Ó Briain

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:18am On Nov 02, 2013
“I’m sorry if my Atheism offends you. But guess what? Your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, stoning, pederasty, and rejection of science and reason offends me. So, I guess we’re even.” ~Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:19am On Nov 02, 2013
"An Atheist knows that a hospital should be built
instead of a church. An Atheist knows that a deed must
be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for
involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants
disease conquered, poverty vanquished, war eliminated." ~ Anonymous

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:20am On Nov 02, 2013
“I contend that we are all atheists. I just believe in
one fewer god than you. When you understand why
you dismiss all the other gods, you will understand
why I dismiss yours.”~ Anonymous
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:23am On Nov 02, 2013
“Everything about Christianity is contained in the pathetic image of 'the flock.”― Christopher Hitchens
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:25am On Nov 02, 2013
"If god worked in fabulous ways instead of mysterious ones, the world would be a better place."-- Mike Roeder
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:27am On Nov 02, 2013
"God for you is where you sweep away all the mysteries of the world, all the challenges to our intelligence. You simply turn your mind off and say God did it." - Carl Sagan
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:32am On Nov 02, 2013
"The most pointless destruction of the environment has to be the cutting down of trees to create something as useless and vile as the Bible, Qur'an and Torah."-- Gary Punding

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:37am On Nov 02, 2013
"Atheists teach people in the developing world to dig wells instead of praying for rain. They provide reliable
contraception to the mother at her wits' end trying to raise 8 children rather than telling her to thank god for the ninth.

Only the inadequate still believe in god. They lack the ability to make the leap from faith to evidence based intellectual thought and evidence based conclusions. Faith actively prevents you from seeking real answers. None of gods exist outside the realm of the human imagination. To believe in something that is not true is a lack of self respect.

Atheists find the coincidences that led to our existence
amazing, and the way the natural world around us has
evolved utterly incredible. There is awe and wonder in the material world which when described lucidly exceeds that previously described by religion."-- Imtiaz Hussain Mahmood.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:39am On Nov 02, 2013
"If there was a god, there would only be one religion."-- Joey Mandilas.
Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:41am On Nov 02, 2013
“Okay; so god was pissed because Adam and Eve chose
knowledge over ignorance, pouted for a while, killed
practically all of his beloved children ‘cause he was in a bad mood, stayed mad for a couple thousand years, then decided the only way he could forgive us for something we didn’t actually do was to allow us to kill his only son. And this makes sense how?”-- unknown

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:43am On Nov 02, 2013
"The difference between the three Abrahamic religions:
Christianity – mumbling to the ceiling, Judaism - mumbling to the wall, Islam – mumbling to the floor." ~ Bill Maher

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes Of The Day. by alphascorpio(m): 1:46am On Nov 02, 2013
"While you proudly pray to your god this evening and thank him for answering your prayers for the food that you are about to eat, ask yourself why do you think your prayers were answered while at the same time your god neglected to answer the prayers of the 26,000 to 30,000 children who will die of starvation today who were praying to that same god for food."--unknown

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor O.o Abel Sermon (Just like dream) / down / FINALLY! I Can Proof That GOD Exist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.