Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign (1472 Views)

Thousands Escape Death As JTF Intercept Bombs Concealed In Food Flask / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally / Jonathan Appoints Gana, Fani-kayode, Obi Into Campaign Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Clerverly: 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
***Nsogbu di na Anambra State***

Governor Peter Obi and his candidate, Willie Obiano had arrived to the prayer house [Adoration Ministry] at the early morning hours of about 4:15am to address the audience that had come for night vigil.

The arrival caught the audience unaware and surprising. And as Peter Obi mounted the stage to address the audience – the audience broke out in a quiet murmur – unsure of what to make of it, the Governor continued to deliver his campaign speech with Willie Obiano standing beside him. Governor Peter Obi promised to make available N5million to the prayer house to help tackle a gully erosion site near the Adoration grounds.

As he spoke, the quiet murmuring grew louder – followed by chants of ‘Onwa, Onwa’. And in reaction to the chants of Onwa, Willie Obiano/Peter Obi’s men including security operatives began rushing towards the area where the chants of Onwa was coming from. The chanters were moving away from the approaching armed men. In the process, it turned into a stampede.

At the end of the stampede, over 28 corpses were seen littered on the grounds. An estimate of over 200 were injured. A large percent of the dead and injured are believed to be Ngige supporters, this is according to one of the survivors of the stampede – who also added that “they rejected Obiano and willie and were chanting Ngige Ngige it took hours to calm the crowd by Father Ebube Muonso so that Peter Obi could speak. Peter Obi made donation of N2million to the Reverend Father. The Father rejected it and ask him to give that to the poor whom he have starved for years. And later there was a stampede.

28 corpses have been deposited at Crown Hospital Nkpor. The wounded taken to Borromeo Hospital.

O dikwa egwu oooo!
http://247ureports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/IMG01263-20131102-1014.jpg

Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Clerverly: 2:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
And ....

Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
SMH. The other u people claimed they throwing stones at him and obiano, now this. U people have no shame.

Picture that could have been taken anywhere.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by cKaiser: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
What a disaster.

Someone just posted a link to that story from Ngiges facebook page
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by cKaiser: 2:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
We have to be careful with this kind of report. Is this a verified report?
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
payless: We have to be careful with this kind of report. Is this a verified report?
I also doubted it too. I just called someone who lives in that area and she confirmed it. It should be on the news soon.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by gbadexy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Interesting!
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
berem: I also doubted it too. I just called someone who lives in that area and she confirmed it. It should be on the news soon.
Ah! Peter Obi don finish be that. It is being reported on yahoo news also.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
FIRST IT WAS THE EZU RIVER SAGA NOW IT IS THE ADORATION MINISTRY MASSACRE. PETER OBI SHOULD BE CHARGED TO THE ICJ FOR GENOCIDE
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by FreeGlobe(f): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
Promhize: SMH. The other u people claimed they throwing stones at him and obiano, now this. U people have no shame.

Picture that could have been taken anywhere.
you want to play politics with this wickedness? Even when names and locations were mentioned, you are an animal
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by T8ksy(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Peter Obi made donation of N2million to the Reverend Father. The Father rejected it and ask him to give that to the poor whom he have starved for years.

Classic!

1 Like

Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Cuche: 3:06pm On Nov 02, 2013
The info I am getting is that they(Obi loyalists ) invited a
"Prophet" ( you know those kind) who told
them Ngige will win the elections. But that there
could be a way out.....
They paid the Prophet very well, in several
millions I learnt.
He was said to have promised sacrifices that
can turn time.... although the "Prophet" did not
mention the kind of sacrifice.

Obi's desperation is said to have increased
since Thursday after watching the debate.
The dead is more than 15 corpses at Crown
Hosp. Umuoji Rd. Some families took their dead
away to avoid police delays.....
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
Cuche: The info I am getting is that they invited a
"Prophet" ( you know those kind) who told
them Ngige will win the elections. But that there
could be a way out.....
They paid the Prophet very well, in several
millions I learnt.
He was said to have promised sacrifices that
can turn time.... although the "Prophet" did not
mention the kind of sacrifice.
Obi's desperation is said to have increased
since Thursday after watching the debate.
The dead is more than 15 corpses at Crown
Hosp. Umuoji Rd. Some families took their dead
away to avoid police delays...
Your story get as e be. So the dead were used as sacrifice? Abeg tell me another story. angry
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Clerverly: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
payless: We have to be careful with this kind of report. Is this a verified report?

Payless, I got the info, since morning but decided to be careful, but a brother who resides in that particular village called me that his best friend was involved in a stampede this morning, hence my recourse to search through the internet again, and it was confirmed.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Cuche: 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
berem: Your story get as e be. So the dead were used as sacrifice? Abeg tell me another story. angry

The "Prophet" they met was not the Adoration people at Uke. Although the sacrifice he talked about was not specified

But with this deaths happening only few days after I think it may not be unconnected with it. That is an Opinion
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
This thread should get to FP as quickly as possible. How many more souls will have to die to make Obi and his stooge believe that majority of Anambra people despise him so much? Odikwa egwu! angry angry
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Cuche:

The "Prophet" they met was not the Adoration people at Uke. Although the sacrifice he talked about was not specified

But with this deaths happening only few days after I think it may not be unconnected with it. That is an Opinion
Oga,this your opinion is vague and doesn't have a credible source. What is on ground is that about 15 people lost their lives due to Obi's stupidity. Whether they were used as sacrifice or not, that's a topic for another day.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Brimmie(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
Nawa o!! Desperado!! sad
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Kponkwem(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
RIP to the dead. I doubt this story and the figure posted, but anybody found guilty should be punished.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Clerverly: 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2013
berem: This thread should get to FP as quickly as possible. How many more souls will have to die to make Obi and his stooge believe that majority of Anambra people despise him so much? Odikwa egwu! angry angry

One is already at the FP
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Cuche: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
berem: Oga,this your opinion is vague and doesn't have a credible source. What is on ground is that about 15 people lost their lives due to Obi's stupidity. Whether they were used as sacrifice or not, that's a topic for another day.
Sorry Ma, I have seen certain tins, deny the ability of those native doctors they patronize at your own peril.
Once I go for functions and those desperate criminals come-in with their mopols, and whatever. I just know it is time leave
Sometimes they shoot and call it accidental discharge... it is often believed the shooters are under some influence maybe Alcohol or Marijuana. But why don't they shoot their Master under the same condition

RIP to dead. It is quite sad
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Kingsley1000(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
Clerverly:

Payless, I got the info, since morning but decided to be careful, but a brother who resides in that particular village called me that his best friend was involved in a stampede this morning, hence my recourse to search through the internet again, and it was confirmed.
...If this is true,then is begining of obi's end or end of obi's begining...NGIGE RIDE ON
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
FreeGlobe:
you want to play politics with this wickedness? Even when names and locations were mentioned, you are an animal

Whatever u guys do, I don't care. Even tho I'm from Anambra, I won't be voting, the people voting aren't on this forum.

The first story was a blatant lie, confirmed. Then why should I believe this one.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2013
They claimed Ngige and APC are boko-haram, what do we call this? R.I.P. to the deads and may God Almighty console their family.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
I DON'T CARE WHO is involved, someone has to pay for this crime, since someone clearly charge at the crowd.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by ifyalways(f): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
I'm in Onitsha and didn't hear no such news undecided

If true, Obi needs to take a break. He's embarrassing himself.
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Energito: 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
T8ksy:

Classic!
pls where is chino
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Energito: pls where is chino
He has gone into hiding! grin
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by donphilopus: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
God will purnish Devil...

Anyways Sexkid where are you??

Ngige is the people's choice...

Does Obiano know the meaning of Immunity Clause??
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by gramci: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2013
Fake picture, that can't be 4:15am in Anambra
Re: Abomination;over 20 People Stampeded To Death As Obi Turns Crusade Into Campaign by Kingsley1000(m): 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is ridiculous. Why must smbody force someone on the pple. A
rejected person is a rejected person. Most smbdy impose someone
on pple. I think there is hidden agenda 4 all this desperation. Pple hv
made their choice final. Can't we be democratic 4 once. It is quite
unfortunate. May there souls RIP. Onwa oga adili gi na nma.

(1) (2)

ASUU Strike: Why I Am Angry With Union – Jonathan / Impeachment: PDP, APC Clash Over Nyako / Gov Amaechi APC Rally In Rivers Live On STV And Channels TV... See Crowd!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.