Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? (10821 Views)

Pls List Any Nigeria University Part Time Study Center In Lagos / Lagos State Polytechnic Anex Of Part Time Study For Is Now On Sale: / Part-time Study Programmes in Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hello intelligentsia on Nairaland. I have been considering so many things inhibiting the growth of this nation. Though I have been able to find answers to some questions that were lingering in my mind, some are still popping in my heart. There are many policies that are counter-productive in our dear country, nevertheless our leader refuse to see reasons to change them despite the fact that they are so obvious but some Nigerians claim that our leaders only refuse to do the right thing.
I decided to open this thread so as to learn and draw inference from the opinions of others. The big question is::
Should Nigeria abolish Part-Time scheme in our tertiary institutions?
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Also can we categorically state that part time study is also contributing to the low standard in our education system.
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 9:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Also can we categorically state that part time study is also contributing to the low standard in our education system?
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by topstar80(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Part time study arises as a result of many tins....dz z a third'world country wer MAN MUST SURVIVE.....buh it looks somehow wen man survives widaut a formal education.....so PART'TIME study to me increases both cost and standard of livin in our society ....actually for those who understands that tis a means of MEETING-UP

1 Like

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by ebamma(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
should nairaland be abolished?

8 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by olaobifarmltd(m): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nop
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by nerodenero: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
ebamma: should nairaland be abolished?
Kolo cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by stchinedu: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
No!
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by ChiSun27(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Abolish wetn? No ask this question again oooooo!!!! Make we just assume sey dis one wey you ask na mistake.

5 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by gen2briz(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
ebamma: should nairaland be abolished?

Nope
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks for the comments, but please I will love to have reasons for whichever side you stand.
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by Afam4eva(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
boay: Hello intelligentsia on Nairaland. I have been considering so many things inhibiting the growth of this nation. Though I have been able to find answers to some questions that were lingering in my mind, some are still popping in my heart. There are many policies that are counter-productive in our dear country, nevertheless our leader refuse to see reasons to change them despite the fact that they are so obvious but some Nigerians claim that our leaders only refuse to do the right thing.
I decided to open this thread so as to learn and draw inference from the opinions of others. The big question is::
Why do you think it should be abolished or what gave rise to the question?
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by nerodenero: 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
It all depends on the dimension you are looking at it from:
1.It generate more revenues for the University.
2. Most graduates from Part-time programmes to an extent do not really know the rudiment of the course of study owing to short time required for such programmes.
3. The high demand for tertiary education led to the introduction of part-time programmes and this isn't a bad idea.
4. Most students that enroll for such programmes are not necessarily the working class. It affords people the opportunity to school and work at the same time.
There are two sides to the coin. I cant say yes and at the same time, I cant say no. The best thing is that more funds should be committed to the Educational sector such that both infrastructural and manpower would be made available to absolve the ever-demanding masses seeking tertiary education.

4 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by ocheejemb: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
I'm sorry but I fail to see any logical reasoning whatsoever behind this question.

Public Universities are on strike, 4th month running and you are suggesting 'part-time education' is a problem?

4 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by Banixautos: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by sexymoma(f): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Caro wrote jamb for 8yrs but couldn't get an admission..
Then she was adviced to go for part time programme... she went o
Now caro is one of the most successful chartered accountant in Nigeria

If we abolish part time study hmm so many dreams will be abolish too

[b][/b][/sub]Dont ask me who caro is o[sub][sub][/sub]

5 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by BrightCar: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
boay: Hello intelligentsia on Nairaland. I have been considering so many things inhibiting the growth of this nation. Though I have been able to find answers to some questions that were lingering in my mind, some are still popping in my heart. There are many policies that are counter-productive in our dear country, nevertheless our leader refuse to see reasons to change them despite the fact that they are so obvious but some Nigerians claim that our leaders only refuse to do the right thing.
PART-TIME SCHEME IS PRACTICED EVERY WHERE EVEN IN THE MOST DEVELOPED COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD. ITS PROS IS FAR GREATER THAN THE CONS, IT MUST NOT BE TAMPERED WITH, RATHER POST-UME BE ABOLISHED, IT MAKE NO SENSE, ONLY BENEFITING THE CORRUPT.

2 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: I'm sorry but I fail to see any logical reasoning whatsoever behind this question.

Public Universities are on strike, 4th month running and you are suggesting 'part-time education' is a problem?

Thanks sir, but remember logical reasoning and assessment of our policies are not on strike
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by kunletade(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Op, this question is funny.

In a country were illiteracy is the order of the day and finally the university put a scheme in place for those who are not privilege enough to go to school, or could not afford to pay the school and the only way the can try to do so is by working and schooling...

I think you are far from point.

6 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by alotofgrace(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
full time is meant for kids like op.....part time is meant for those who are working but still prefers to have formal tertiary education for some reasons....but its a pity these days that when kids like op dont make jamb, their parents get them part time form, where they will now be classmates with paapa and their mothers mate....
oh! your question? nope...deh dey do am for all countries sad

4 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why do you think it should be abolished or what gave rise to the question?

It is alleged that it is contributing to low standard in our education sector
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by dictapet: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ Ops how has that affected your own standard of living as a 9jerian? The means @ which sm1 gets educated is non of yoour biz i did part tym and i am contributing positively to the society, beta do same and ask reasonable questions that can change our society tanx

3 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by 9jahubcom(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
no oooo
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
nerodenero: It all depends on the dimension you are looking at it from:
2. Most graduates from Part-time programmes to an extent do not really know the rudiment of the course of study owing to short time required for such programmes.
3. The high demand for tertiary education led to the introduction of part-time programmes and this isn't a bad idea.
4. Most students that enroll for such programmes are not necessarily the working class. It affords people the opportunity to school and work at the same time.
There are two sides to the coin. I cant say yes and at the same time, I cant say no. The best thing is that more funds should be committed to the Educational sector such that both infrastructural and manpower would be made available to absolve the ever-demanding masses seeking tertiary education.
Good points. Thanks. But assuming you are the minister of education, can you consider abolishing it to increase the standard of education?
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
senseless post.. and before u know it, its in the front page.....are there no part-time programmes in your so-called developed countries...instead of you to talk of regulatory practices in this institutions, you are talking of abolishment..for your information, most institution on Nigeria now depends on revenue from part time programmes to equip the school, which the government have neglected and funds meant for the school diverted for selfish use by ur politicians. and in a country that is full of hardship and high rate of employment. isn't working and going to school a better option? I know those that have this kind of your mentality, you are one of those that your parents provide everything for you, have you thought of those that do not have parents and must get educated as the only way out or poverty. what options do they have than to do "work and school". Grow up, poster. forget about counter-productive government policy. is your president not a product of a full time programme., whats the difference between this programmes?...after all its ran by the same school and the certificate is being awardee to graduands, you are in no better way than a part-time graduate...don't be deceived. the problem of Nigeria cannot be caused by the quality of certificate u hold...YOU AND I ARE THE PROBLEMS OF NIGERIA. and we must start to resolve it together, no finger-pointing...Thanx

9 Likes

Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
boay:

It is alleged that it is contributing to low standard in our education sector
So, how are the full time students any different. The call for the abolition of Part-time studies is a case of cutting off the head because one has headache. Part-time studies and high standard of education have nothing in common.
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by OCcool: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
nerodenero: It all depends on the dimension you are looking at it from:
well said!
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
sexymoma: Caro wrote jamb for 8yrs but couldn't get an admission..
Then she was adviced to go for part time programme... she went o
Now caro is one of the most successful chartered accountant in Nigeria

If we abolish part time study hmm so many dreams will be abolish too

[b][/b][/sub]Dont ask me who caro is o[sub][sub][/sub]
Hum..hypothetical.
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
alotofgrace: full time is meant for kids like op.....part time is meant for those who are working but still prefers to have formal tertiary education for some reasons....but its a pity these days that when kids like op dont make jamb, their parents get them part time form, where they will now be classmates with paapa and their mothers mate....
oh! your question? nope...deh dey do am for all countries sad
Why did you jump into hasty conclusion? How are you sure am not a part time student?
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by Jamji: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
This place is devoid of useful and engaging topics these days.
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by pbling: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
yep i supot,we now hv unsound graduate bot in pt n ft
Re: Should Part-Time Study Be Abolished? by boay(m): 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2013
dictapet: @ Ops how has that affected your own standard of living as a 9jerian? The means @ which sm1 gets educated is non of yoour biz i did part tym and i am contributing positively to the society, beta do same and ask reasonable questions that can change our society tanx
I did not raise this point to sideline anyone. I am just being a little critical. How are you sure am not a part time student?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will Be Your Reaction If This Happens To You(pic). / Admission At The New 9 Federal University In 9ja / Fupre Post Utme 2016 | Pass Question | Exam Date | Cut-off Mark | Result | Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.