Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? (1780 Views)

Free Surgery For Children @ Asokoro,abuja / Free Surgery For Children Suffering Congenital And Acquired Heart Condition / Filipina Toddler Who Woke Up At Her Own Funeral Mass Is Dead Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by Angel15(f): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2013
Pls house someone needs your take on correcting a bow leg for their toddler. Any experienced parent here? Where is the best hospital for it in Lagos and what is involved? They don't know the possibility it straitening as she grows.
Thanks
Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:53pm On Nov 02, 2013
Its a must do for the parents oh, if they reside in Lagos, LUTH is the best hospital for such thing, My niece leg was corrected there.
Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by Angel15(f): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
Thanks sunny. More contributions pls. orthopedic Doctors where r u?
Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by dominique(f): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2013
If you're based in Lagos you can visit national orthopedic hospital igbobi. Surgery might not be needed, (s)he could be put on braces till the leg straighten out. This is a toddler we're talking about here, the leg could straighten as the child grows. Surgery has to be the very last resort.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by mrsolutionm(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2013
I warn and warn again,just leave d legs like dat it wud be corrected as he/she grows,talkig 4rm experience

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by jadareese: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2013
I quite agree wt @mrsolution. I came soo close to havin my daughters leg straightened some years bak cos I couldn't stand d sight of her bow legs.bt the tot of d pain she'd hv to go thru far outweighed so I let her be.she's 4 now.and u can't Imagine how straight and lithe her legs her dat I can't stop admiring dem anytime I watch her play...
in essence,let d child be so long its nt caused by disease or defect. somtym wayback, either of d parents might hv had legs like dat.#jussaying#

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by jadareese: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Would You Accept A Surgery For Your Bow Legged Toddler? by Angel15(f): 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2013
God bless u all. Yes her daddy had it, so her groundmom said, even worse than hers. She said she was surprised at age 5 she suddenly realised that it wasn't there anymore, he's a huge guy. Moreover she's her daddy's copy. But I guess they r jst being curious because of people's talk and fear of it nt straightening like her dad's.

(1) (Reply)

Health Talks: Anti-aging & Weigth Balance / Anyone Using Fertilaid Clinic Abuja/trying To/or Have Used Them Let's Meet. / How Can I Come Clean Of Tramadol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.