Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Football: World Muslim 11 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football: World Muslim 11 (16030 Views)

10 Worst Football Injuries In Football World (viewers Discretion) / The Wives And Girlfriends Of Germany's Football World Cup Stars / Why Did India Get Banned From Football World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football: World Muslim 11 by Jarus(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2008
This thought just came to my mind yesternight and I immediately decided to bring it to Nairaland.

Islam is not a religion of frivolity, so the issue of MUSLIM 11 Vs XX RELIGION 11 cannot happen.

But just fantasizing, this is how WORLD MUSLIM 11 will look like if there is to be something like that:

KEEPER
IDRIS CARLOS KANEMI (Espanyol/Cameroun)

DEFENDERS
HABIB KOLO TOURE (CIV,Arsenal)
ISMAILA TAIYE TAIWO (Nigeria,Marseille)
BOULHAROUZ (Holland)
ABDULLAHI MEITE (CIV,Bolton)

MIDFIELDERS
YAYA TOURE (CIV,Barca)
FRANK RIBERY (France,Bayern)
ZINEDINE YAZID ZIDANE (France)
SULLEY MUNTARI (Ghana,Porthmouth)

FORWARD
FREDRICK UMAR KANOUTE(Sevilla,Mali)
NICHOLAS ABDUL SALAM BILAL ANELKA (Chelsea,France)

BENCH
SAMIR NASRI(France,Arsenal)
ELHADJI OUSMANE DIOUF (Senegal,Bolton)
MOHAMMED ZIDAN (Egypt,Hamburg)
ABDULKADRI KEITA (CIV,Lyon)
OBAFEMI MARTINS (Newcastle,Nigeria)

COACH
PHILIP UMAR TROUSSIER

This is just to bring into light a thought that came to my mind,and I do not intend to start any religious tussle here please. Decent comments are welcome!!!!!
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Akolawole(m): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2008
i hope it will not bring any wahala.

Its a formidable team but i can give you 1 million set of christian players that can easily beat that team.

Okocha,Kaka,Kanu,Pele bla bla bla
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by davidif: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2008
by the way, sulley muntari's full name is suleiman ali muntari.
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Jarus(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2008
Akolawole:

Its a formidable team but i can give you 1 million set of christian players that can easily beat that team.

Sure, christianity can come up with at least 10 teams that can stand this team on field of play.

Just make Brazilian national team team A,Argentina team B,Spanish national team team C etc and form other teams by selecting players from clubs/national teams. But don't mention English national team o (My team is stronger than English national team)
davidif:

by the way, sulley muntari's full name is suleiman ali muntari.
Coming across his full name for the first time. Thanks
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by tkb417(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2008
nice one man

i'll tow Akolas line
any european 11 will wallop that team. besides Zidane don retire

my 11 will be

Goalkeeper : Iker casillas
RB: Zambrotta
LB: Dani Alves
CB: Carvalho
CB: Nemanja Vidic
RW: C.Ronaldo
LW: L.Messi
CM: Kaka
DM: M.Essien

SS: F.Torres
CF: D.Drogba

SUB
RIO Ferdinand
P.Lahm
Buffon
S.Gerrad
Ballack
Luca Toni

Coach: Sir Alex Ferguson

by the way, how come u dont have Karim benzema on ur list?
can i use him on my list? lol

1 Like

Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by ofurufu(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2008
Diarra(Real Madrid,Mali) and compatriot Sissoko (Juventus), I think, also deserve a place.
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Ibime(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2008
What of Karim Benzema, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Hamit Altintop, Turan Arda, Ali Al-Habsi, Habib Beye etc?
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Mustay(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2008
hmmmm

1st of all

ife-eco-06:

This thought just came to my mind yesternight and I immediately decided to bring it to Nairaland.

Islam is not a religion of frivolity, so the issue of MUSLIM 11 Vs XX RELIGION 11 cannot happen.

then

ife-eco-06:

Decent comments are welcome!!!!!

and u don't expect

Akolawole:

There's no how such threads won't generate sentiments and diversions or if you doubt, visit forums where such stuffs have been discussed, some have the topic locked:

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/showthread.php?s=a4d5b8cc018a7f27f588722d27029afd&t=118190&page=2

http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=133966&page=9

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?s=d4655acd2f9a2d8479ac72c0b0e7f674&t=8823&page=2
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Jarus(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2008
Yeah,I'm being reminded of more and more Muslim players. Maybe I should extend it to a 23-man list as if they are going for a tournament.
By the way,can Benzema start ahead of Kanoute and Anelka? I don't think so.

Ibime:

What of Karim Benzema, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Hamit Altintop, Turan Arda, Ali Al-Habsi, Habib Beye etc?

Yeah, you just reminded me that majority,if not all, of the Turkish team are Muslims.
But Ibrahimovic? I have never come across anything that says he's a Muslim, wait let do do some research on google
----
-----
----
-----
Yeah,I'm back, I read he's a Muslim. Here's one of the articles I came across:

Source: Wikipedia, answers.com, answers.yahoo forum, Farid and Ismadi Ishak. Here goes:

Nicloas "Bilal" Anelka - I didn't know this until Madi told me. No wonder he moved to Fenerbahce, Turkey. Pics of him visiting a Manchester mosque is easily available.
Zinedine Yazid Zidane - A non-practiced Muslim. Three-time FIFA World Player of the Year.
Bruno Metsu - Former Senegalese National Team Coach. Converted when he was at Senegal. Now coach of Al-Ittihad.
Franck Ribery - as alerted by Ayid Rabbani (Farid le tuh). Converted in 2002. Read the Du'a before taking a free kick against Korea recently. Married to long time Moroccan gf.
Phillipe Troussier - former famous French player. Famously coached Japanese National Team. Lives in Morocco. Changes his name to Omar. Wife Dominique now Amina. Adopted 2 local Moroccan children.
George Weah - Liberian football great. Unsuccesful candidate for 2005 Liberian presidency. Born a Muslim. Went to Muslim children school. Converted to Christianity in the name of his grandmother who raised him. Later reconverted?
Robin van Persie - Arsenal and Holland starlet winger. Married a Morroccan but never talk about his religious position in public.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Has tatoos on both arms but Papa Sefik is a Bosnian-Muslim immigrant and his Mom is of Catholic Croat. Swedish star striker but dubbed 'overrated' by Martin O'neill.
Kolo, Yaya and Ibrahim Toure - Ivorian footballers. Devout muslims.
Rami Shaaban - Former Arsenal Swedish keeper who is of Egyptian descent. Mom is English.
Frederick Kanoute - Malian striker. No wonder he celebrates by reciting the du'a after scoring goals. Bought a mosque in Seville.
Mehmet Scholl - German veteran Bayern Munich star midfielder who was denied call-up to the 2006 Fifa World Cup Germany National Team although being recommended by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge after coming back superbly from a long-standing injury. Has Turkish passport.
Khalid Boulahrouz - Dutch national defender. Born in Nederlands but of Moroccan descent. Nicknamed Khalid der Kannibale (The Cannibal because of his ability to 'eat up' oppositions). Trying to emulate Mohammed Allach (Muslim-Dutch football great).

Others: Bakari Sagna, Ibrahima Sonko, Armand Traore, Sulleyman Ali Muntari,
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Mustay(m): 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2008
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Jarus(m): 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2008
If diversion is ienvitable,then no problems locking the thread.

Thanks
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by tkb417(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2008
Benzema started ahead of Anelka at the euros. hes better than Anelka for sure
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Ibime(m): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2008
Yeah Van Persie is married to a Morrocan chick but he is not a muslim because he makes the sign of the cross whenever he enters the field of play.
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by dayokanu(m): 1:57pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hasan Salihamidzic, Zvjezdan Misimovic, Zlatan Bajramovic, Ashkan Degejah, Hamit and Halil Altintop (All Bundesliga)
Samir Nasri, Mehmet Aurelio, Hatem Ben Arfa,

oldies like Youri Diorkaeff, ibrahim Ba, Lamouche, Rashidi Yekini shocked
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by DisGuy: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2008
how are we so sure those European players mentioned above are Christians or belong to any particular religion?
A bit like those mentioned in the first post they probably are Muslims by name only

is Rio Ferdinand a christian? shocked
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by tkb417(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2008
Is RIO Ferdinand a muslim?
even the poster called some of those guys non-practising muslim.

i know someone who claims to be a xtian but all he does is to go and look babes in church
the person will soon post here. . .

i dont think RIO is a muslim sha
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by DisGuy: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2008
tkb417:

Is RIO Ferdinand a muslim?
even the poster called some of those guys non-practising muslim.

i know someone who claims to be a xtian but all he does is to go and look babes in church
the person will soon post here. . .

i don't think RIO is a muslim sha

D'uuhhhhhhhhh

Dis Guy:

how are we so sure those European players mentioned above are Christians or belong to any particular religion?
A bit like those mentioned in the first post they probably are Muslims by name only

is Rio Ferdinand a christian? shocked

its better to assume they don't practise any religion than to assume they are this or that

Sir Alex Ferguson hmm grin
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Esss(m): 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
Some boys from the Egyptian National team should also make that list like - Mohammed Abu-terika, Ahmed Fatih, Shady mohamed & Mohamed zidan
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by javalove(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2008
My Junior Borther should mae the list too. His name is Usman Jaji. This guy skillful ooooo. If u won confirm, come Onola Playing Ground for Lagos Island or Phase 2 for Adeniji Adele, una go bow!!!!!
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by nyabinghi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
Hi all,

The Muslim world will put up a very strong team that can withstand any opposition. I can count nuff muslim players that are up to the task.

Idris kameni,Volkan Demirel,El-hadari

Bacary sagna,Taye taiwo,Habib beye,Kolo Toure,Wael Gomaa,Abdoulaye meite,Abdoulaye faye,mehmet altintop,Sevet cetin,khalid Boularouz

Arda Turan,Tuncay sanli,mehmet Aurelio,El hadji diouf,Abo rabo,Abo Trika,Abou Diaby,Muslimovic,Izmailov,samir nasri,hatem ben arfa,Sulley Muntari,Seydou keita,mahamdu Diarra,Alou Diarra,Diarra of portsmouth,Ibrahim Afellay,Franc Ribery

Obafemi martins,Nihat kahveci,Nicolas Anelka,Boubacar sanogo,karim benzema,Ahmed Mido,Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Re: Football: World Muslim 11 by Welcomme: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ibime:
Zlatan is not a Muslim! check Google and help urself

(1) (Reply)

Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final / Galleria News Free Football Predictions/ Tips / AFCON2021: Winning With Senegal Is The Best Day Of My Life - Sadio Mane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.