Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music (9367 Views)

Nairalander, Kylez Finally Releases His Music Video! / Highlife Maestro, Dr Orlando Owoh Is Dead / Nkem Owoh in 'I Go Chop Your Dollar' and 'Susana' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:01am On Nov 04, 2013
It's exactly five years that the highlife maestro and Kennery crooner, Stephen Olaore Oladipupo Owomoyela popularly known as Dr. Orlando Owoh died. Born on the 14th of February 1930, his musical career started in the early 1960s when he formed his first band, Omimah Band, which later metamorphosed to Young Kenneries, and later, to African Kennery Beats International. His music is rich in strong Yoruba forklores and proverbs, rendered in the dialects of Owo (his maternal home), Ifon (his paternal home), Ekiti, Ondo, etc.
He used his music as a tool to fight bad governments. Among those he fought was Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida who detained him in the CID facility in Alagbon, Lagos on a phantom charge of being caught with marijuana. While it's widely know that Orlando Owoh was in the habit of taking marijuana, it will be wrong to conclude that he was detained because of this.
The truth of why he was detained was later revealed as being connected with his songs, on Dele Giwa and another he sang against the role IBB played in the case involving the wife of his friend who was arrested with hard drugs in London. You may want to wonder why Orlando Owoh was not arrested and even killed by the Decree 4 of Muhammadu Buhari but by IBB. That was Maradona for you.

As we remember this great musician today, I say:
Long live Owoh!
Long live Ifon!
Long live Kennery Brothers!

4 Likes

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by DuduNegro: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2013
I love Orlando Owo's songs.

Rest in blessed memory.
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by nas00(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Baba ma f'iku pa mi
Nitori mi o I jaye to
Ma se f'arun dan mi wo
Mo l'ohun rere se

Ise ti mo mi se, Baba je ki n r'ere nibe
Baba je ki n r'ojurere re l'enu ise ti mo n se..

**bàtá steppings**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owomoyela se bee o lo sad

K'Oluwa de'le fun eni rere to lo.
O tun d'Orun k'a to rira.
Sun're oo.. Dr. Orlando Owoh. cry

1 Like

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 2:08am On May 19, 2015
SUN RE O. ,,,I NEED A WEBSITE WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD ORLANDO SONGS
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by topsam1(m): 12:04am On Jul 24, 2016
ennyhola:
SUN RE O. ,,,I NEED A WEBSITE WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD ORLANDO SONGS

Have got about 10 albums of his...

Kangaroo
Late dele giwa
Iyawo olele
Logba logba
Ire loni
Ganja
Oriki ojo
Igbe aye noah
E get as e be
Mawo mi roro etc. I love the music die

2 Likes

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 24, 2016
topsam1:

Have got about 10 albums of his...

Kangaroo
Late dele giwa
Iyawo olele
Logba logba
Ire loni
Ganja
Oriki ojo
Igbe aye noah
E get as e be
Mawo mi roro etc. I love the music die
I have over 45albums now...I can sing most of his songs back to back

3 Likes

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2016
Cc lalasticlala ..
letz move this to front-page so that people can appreciate the Dead icon....and his highlife music's

1 Like

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by topsam1(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2016
ennyhola:
I have over 45albums now...I can sing most of his songs back to back

Wow! Please can you list them for so I can download them too

I mean the names of the albums

Thnx
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
topsam1:

Thnx
Kennedy dey ijo ya 1
Kennedy de ijo ya 2
easter special
koseye to mede bi ologuro
sisi salewa
Ajanaku Daraba
hunger
Ayomi sese bere
belere ba lo ni ile yi
Ajo ko dun bi ile
iba Eledumare
logbalogba
okanmiyin oba orun
Nigeria Adara
Olorun Oba da waloun
Omo very aiye
I say no
money for hand
Cain ati abel
ore mi ilemo
ooni of ife oba Sijuawade
Apartheid
Asotito Aye
E get as E be
Emi wa wa lowo re
Experience
Ganja 2
igba Aye Noah
Irewunmi
iwa loluwa WO
kangaroo
which is which
kosemani
oju ni face
Adeola Ikemba
who no know go know
Yellow sisi
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
topsam1:

Thnx
Kennedy dey ijo ya 1
Kennedy de ijo ya 2
easter special
koseye to mede bi ologuro
sisi salewa
Ajanaku Daraba
hunger
Ayomi sese bere
belere ba lo ni ile yi
Ajo ko dun bi ile
iba Eledumare
logbalogba
okanmiyin oba orun
Nigeria Adara
Olorun Oba da waloun
Omo very aiye
I say no
money for hand
Cain ati abel
ore mi ilemo
ooni of ife oba Sijuawade
Apartheid
Asotito Aye
E get as E be
Emi wa wa lowo re
Experience
Ganja 2
igba Aye Noah
Irewunmi
iwa loluwa WO
kangaroo
which is which
kosemani
oju ni face
Adeola Ikemba
who no know go know
Yellow sisi
Thanksgiving
doctor before doctor
Orlando owoh higlifes

2 Likes

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by ProfOrlando: 10:26am On Sep 13, 2016
please, who knows where I get this Orlando song... it sounds ..."omo jaiye jaiye , akule igi mi ,orekelewa..."
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by ProfOrlando: 10:50am On Sep 13, 2016
please, who knows where I get this Orlando song... it sounds ..."omo jaiye jaiye , akule igi mi ,orekelewa...".
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by ProfOrlando: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2016
please, who knows where I get this Orlando song... it sounds ..."omo jaiye jaiye , akule igi mi ,orekelewa............." smiley
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 25, 2016
ProfOrlando:
please, who knows where I get this Orlando song... it sounds ..."omo jaiye jaiye , akule igi mi ,orekelewa............." smiley

omo jaiye jaiye
Oye ki n mo ile re
o be GBE mi less
kajor barawa she

oye ka ba ra wa soro
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by redsox11: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2019
Bump bump!!
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by gowaga68: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
We dey here.
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Kayharry(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Wow 12 years now
Re: Orlando Owoh Detention: On Drugs Or His Music by Midex88(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
13years and he still lives on

(1) (Reply)

Kpakpando FM: Fire Guts Radio Station In Anambra / Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians / Pastor E.a Adeboye Classical Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.