Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,286 members, 7,850,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting (105287 Views)

Jonathan, ASUU Meeting: Varsity Teachers Still Undecided / Outcome Of Monday's ASUU Meeting: ASUU Members To Decide On FG’S Fresh Offer / ASUU Meeting With Fg To Continue Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 05, 2013
kolidave: Doctors in the house. Abeg I don dey purge since yesterday, na toilet sef I sleep. I wan ask Wetin I fit use to stop dis purging. And my breakfast don ready,Shey I fit chop dis bread and beans with tea?
Flagyl me sef no knw d spelling wen u reach pharmacy dm knw flagyl take 2 u go dy ok

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by aoeforgod(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2013
There is alwaz a way out. I can see d light nw overcomin d darkness, pack ur bags frnds its tym 4 sch.
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2013
ASUU na beg i dy beg u no call off dz strike till January ooooo i dn bet 50k sha and i be wan collect 100k if dm no call am off at least i go gv una 10 naira each keep d remaining money
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by jaryeh(m): 8:35am On Nov 05, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday engaged leaders of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in a day- long meeting where he insisted that federal government and the union must reach a compromise to end the protracted strike which has kept Nigerian students out of school for four months now. It raised hopes that the meeting which commenced at
about 2.45pm at the conference room of the first lady’s wing of the presidential
villa will yield fruitful result when the president stated categorically that “the strike will end today,” while exchanging pleasantries with the ASUU delegation as well as leaders of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and Trade Union Congress (TUC). Jonathan who entered the venue of the meeting at about 2:47pm told the leaders of ASUU, the NLC and the TUC who were already seated since 2:15pm that every thing about the strike must end yesterday. To the ASUU President, Nasir Isa Fagge, the president said, “My president, all the problems will be over today, all our children must go back to school”. And to the NLC president, Abdulwahab Omah, Jonathan said, “My president with you around today, there will be no problem, our agreement is signed sealed and delivered”. The meeting which lasted for several hours came to a break at about 6:30pm when members of the ASUU delegation stepped out of the venue of the meeting and walked to their vehicle, a white 18 seater Toyota bus. They hopped into the bus and sat down for about 15 minutes, consulting within themselves before returning to the first lady’s conference room to meet with the federal government delegation led by the president. The meeting was still in progress at the time of filing this report. Other members of the ASUU delegation include president of the Trade Union, Bobboi Kaigama, ASUU deputy president, Biodun Ogunyemi, three former presidents of ASUU, Festus Iyayi, Dipo Fashina and Abdullahi Sule- Kano. Others are Suleiman Abdul, Victor Igbum, Victor Osodeke and some members of the NLC. On the federal government’s side were Vice President Namadi Sambo, Minister of Labour Emeka Wogu, supervising Minister of Education Nyesom Wike, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Anyim Pius Anyim, executive secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Julius Okogie; Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Chief of Staff to the President Mike Oghiadhome, and the permanent secretary in the Federal Ministry of Education Mac John Nwaobiala. When it appeared as if the negotiation process was not going to make any headway under the leadership of Benue State governor Gabriel Suswam, Vice President Sambo had in September announced that he had taken over negotiations with ASUU but that failed to end the strike. The meeting between Sambo and the union which lasted for about one and half hours, ASUU President, Fagge had informed Journalists that the federal government has given them a message which they were taking back to the union. He refused to make known what government may agree to offer the union in addition to the earlier offer of N100 Billion and N30 billion meant for infrastructure development in various universities and payment of verified earned allowances respectively.

source: www.leadership.ng/news/051113/jonathan-marathon-meeting-ASUU
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by amigos(f): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2013
NA wa o see queue
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2013
deejay_harry1: if this strike isnt called of today.. i might renounce my faith...

Hahaha...you funy o..kip your faith intact pls
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 05, 2013
hmmm!.see as pe0ple face d0n they straight..l0ls..lawd have marci
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ugonna1054(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2013
Tari Enoch: ..may the gods of our land punish you.
may dey punish u too!!
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by MARtee(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2013
So wen re d ASUU executives goin 2 meet dia members nd end dz supernatural strike??
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by ugonna1054(m): 8:43am On Nov 05, 2013
Beloxxy:
Amen!!!
Amen to u too!!
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Titiluvly:

Hahaha...you funy o..kip your faith intact pls
no im not funny....

im hyper paranoid...
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 05, 2013
ugonna1054: may dey punish u too!!
may they punish you both....
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Walexz02(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2013
all eyes on this thread.,. any new
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2013
no news yet?
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Fynestboi: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2013
deejay_harry1: no im not funny....

im hyper paranoid...

Just take it easy bro..All is well
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by destino24(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2013
Fynestboi: https://www.nairaland.com/1499392/nairaland-interschool-debate-planning-thread/8#1499392.272

who knows the fate of that thread when they call off the strike
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2013
Titiluvly:

Just take it easy bro..All is well
how exactly is all WELL?? when boreholes are much better ??
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 05, 2013
angryAm scared of going back to school sadAm scared of going back to school
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by lanaVello1(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2013
Fynestboi: https://www.nairaland.com/1499392/nairaland-interschool-debate-planning-thread/8#1499392.272
wtf?!? u rest joorh....how many times u wan post this sh.t? no be updates on ASUU's meeting with fg dem call d thread? :-/
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by odizeey(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2013
pureguide: angryAm scared of going back to school sadAm scared of going back to school
u spin person babe?
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2013
Does it mean all the people on this thread are jobless? If not, they shld be busy in thier various endeavours. Mehn, joblessness na big cancer in naija.
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by chukymoney(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2013
I guess this is the longest thread ever on Nairaland 20hours and still counting
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 05, 2013
deejay_harry1: how exactly is all WELL?? when boreholes are much better ??

Hahahaha..grin grin
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Fynestboi: 9:04am On Nov 05, 2013
destino24:

who knows the fate of that thread when they call off the strike
progress undecided
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by odizeey(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2013
RedBenson: Does it mean all the people on this thread are jobless? If not, they shld be busy in thier various endeavours. Mehn, joblessness na big cancer in naija.
jobles as ur daddy abi

1 Like

Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Fynestboi: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2013
lana_Vello:
wtf?!? u rest joorh....how many times u wan post this sh.t? no be updates on ASUU's meeting with fg dem call d thread? :-/
so Must u quote this post to display your.......undecided S....

Guy you need to grow up Mind the way you quote post..
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by obayaya(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2013
chukymoney: I guess this is the longest thread ever on Nairaland 20hours and still counting

bbm for Android own beat this one o.. that thread was online and active for more than 72 hours before the ginger died down
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by megawax8: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2013
Choi!!!! See crowd!!!!
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2013
Titiluvly:

Hahahaha..grin grin
question not answered tho..
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2013
Any good news yet? embarassed
Re: Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting by alfredo4u(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2013
Pls don't ban meeeee ohhhhhh

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / The Best University In Nigeria? / Nigeria National Anthem (Old In Use: 1960-1978)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.