Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU (457 Views)

#riversrerun: FG Gave Amaechi 5 Billion Naira- PDP Releases Statement / FG Gave Obi N8 Billion To Prosecute Anambra Election - Ngige Alleges / Jonathan Bows To ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by ojesymsym: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
Its being four months now since the universities in Nigeria were closed down in the ongoing ASUU strike, since then government and ASUU have gone back and front without making any meaningful progress in their negotiation. It is an open secret that the standard of education is going bad by the day and does not seem to be improving, however I do not know if this total shutdown will be the catalyst that will make things change but I do know that for things to improve, we will all need to make sacrifices. The people at the receiving end of all of these are the students who do not really care whether the quality of education they get is of quality or not but want to quickly graduate and take the next step in life.
My problem now with government in all of these is that they were willing to support Nollywood even though they have been able to build themselves without government support from scratch and also without even asking for support. Just a couple of months ago, they gave Nollywood NGR3Billion after an initial USD200million just before 2011 election, this looks like misplaced priorities for me. Well, just me thinking aloud.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6545-fg-sets-up-n3bn-special-fund-for-nollywood
https://www.nairaland.com/739922/president-goodluck-johnathon-gives-200
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by fasho01(m): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
You speak well. Its is obvious the government doesn't take education as a priority
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by NnamdiN: 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
The one dem give them B4 na paper? How much did he give to nollywood compared to what those greedy fools received and are still demanding for more ? Nollywood deserves more pay sef coz even if you give them 5 trillion naira, they will just share it and still use their outdated notes passed down since Abraham.
How I hate lecturers.
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Can u imagine what ASUU is asking d FG for, they re asking d FG for 72percent of Nigeria's budget.
Any right thinking human being wud know that there demands re unrealistic.
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by docsholz(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
lygn19: Can u imagine what ASUU is asking d FG for, they re asking d FG for 72percent of Nigeria's budget.
Any right thinking human being wud know that there demands re unrealistic.
FG should increase d Bleep*ng budget, plus they aren't asking for d money all at once
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
doc sholz: FG should increase d Bleep*ng budget, plus they aren't asking for d money all at once
According to what I heard they re asking for all at once, they said they want d FG to pay them all d money accruing from 2009 till date, dats y its that BIG.
Also if the FG pays it, it wud be at d detriment of othe sectors even states.
Re: FG Gave Nollywood Money Sometime Ago Why Not Extend Same To ASUU by LadyExcellency: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nollywood is an industry that provides approximately one million jobs for Nigerians and is also a foreign exchange earner for the country.

ASUU takes from the Government for doing their job while Nollywood gives to the government after doing their job.

For Nollywood to continue providing job and also be competitive in this challenging world, it needs Government subversion to upgrade to internationally acceptable standards.

ASUU has always been and will continue to be the poster child of the Government.

(1) (Reply)

Crown Prince Hails Edo Govt Over 5 Junction Project / Confusion Trails Sack Of PHCN Staff, Payment Of Benefits / 20 Election Officials Escape Robbery Attack In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.