Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects (1621 Views)

Dokpesi, 7 Others To Testify In Tinubu’s N150bn Libel Suit Against AIT / Pregnant Mother Delivers While Dancing With Muma Gee At Campaign Rally (Photos) / Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Youngzedd(m): 1:47am On Nov 05, 2013
The Lagos State Police Command, yesterday, paraded eight armed robbers, who were said to have killed two Policemen and wounded several others at Iju-Ishaga area of the state.
Among the suspects is a married woman, Taiwo Obafunsho, 28, a mother of two who is also three months pregnant.
Obafunsho said that she knew the gang through one of their girlfriends called Shade, who she met at Mushin where she has a shop.
The other suspects are Ife Olubaba, 29 who is the alleged gang leader; Saheed Wasiu, 23; Sedu Idowu 20; Wasiu Rafiu, 23; Odelade Kabiru, 26; Waliu Sanni, 29, and Taiye Agege said to be dead.

The suspects were found with two AK-47 rifles, one automatic pump-action gun, four locally-made pistols, two fully-loaded AK-47 magazines, 135 live cartridges and a Hyundai Tucson sports utility vehicle, number plate MUS 350 BG.
Confessions
Rafiu said: “The first operation we went for was at Agege and I was given N10,000. I was arrested at Oshodi.
“I did not know anything about it. But because they saw Taiye and me together, I was arrested. I did not even know what was happening. I did not follow them during the second operation.”
Another suspect, Sanni, said they took three vehicles for the operation, but that they did not find anything or any body to rob.
The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the incident, stating that it was a follow-up to what happened on November 3, where some robbers attacked policemen attached to Iju Police Station in Lagos at 3a.m.
She said: “On October 9, when a group of armed robbers carted away two police riffles, the Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, directed the officer in charge of SARS Ikeja, SP Abba Kyari, to launch a massive manhunt for the robbers and recover the snatched rifles.
“Police efforts paid off when eight of the armed robbers, led by one Ife Olubaba, a boy to Godogodo, kingpin of South-West armed robbers, were arrested at various locations in Lagos and Ogun states.
“During the exchange of fire between the armed robbers and crack SARS operatives, one Taiye Agege was fatally wounded.”
She said all the arrested suspects confessed to have taken part in the Iju operation, where Policemen were fired. She said efforts were on to arrest the remaining gang members.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/pregnant-mother-two-7-others-paraded-robbery-suspects/

Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by raytony: 2:46am On Nov 05, 2013
Eyah! I just pity the woman sha. In Africa China voice. Oduah wey thief money we no dey see her face for crime fighter.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2013
They should release the woman and rearrest her after childbirth
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by tawa89(f): 7:28am On Nov 05, 2013
raytony: Eyah! I just pity the woman sha. In Africa China voice. Oduah wey thief money we no dey see her face for crime fighter.
wetin concern Oduah for this matter? Oduah carry gun come steal ur money?? Huh? This Oduah will drive some of you people mad soon.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by eluquenson(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2013
chidindufrank: They should release the woman and rearrest her after childbirth

How on earth is that possible undecided
they need to be killed & am sure they can never see day light freedom again....i trust Scorpion. tongue
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by gbadexy(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
chidindufrank: They should release the woman and rearrest her after childbirth
Release gini?
You would be surprised that the women are far more deadlier.
She may have given infos that lead to many death and as such is directly responsible for any such incidence.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Arysexy(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2013
Hmmm I been think say ppl from d other side of d niger claim them no dey rob ni? I can swear dis news will NEVER make it to d front page, rather it will be hidden somewia. Watch out!
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Chamackh(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2013
That woman na madam_oringo, u could see that she has not commented.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2013
eluquenson:

they need to be killed & am sure they can never see day light freedom again....i trust Scorpion. tongue
For the baby's sake she should be taken proper of. It is not good to keep an expectant mother in detention
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 05, 2013
gbadexy:
Release gini?
You would be surprised that the women are far more deadlier.
She may have given infos that lead to many death and as such is directly responsible for any such incidence.
But the foetus killed no one
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Olaolufred(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
eluquenson:

The Foetus is living already
It is innocent.
It is not an armed robber.
So, it doesn't deserve being killed.
If the mother is proven guilty,
She should be punished.
But the punishment must be fair to the unborn foetus.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Decryptor(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ndi-Yoruba-Yoruba...ndi ohi...This one will never make front-page because no IGBO NAME was mentioned!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by eluquenson(m): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Olaolufred:

The Foetus is living already
It is innocent.
It is not an armed robber.
So, it doesn't deserve being killed.
If the mother is proven guilty,
She should be punished.
But the punishment must be fair to the unborn foetus.

The unborn child can't be punished but its certain she will deliver the baby in prison.
She will suffer, shey be na SARS catch them, I laugh at her in japanese grin
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Kanwulia: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Yoruba language is very sweet o.
See all the thieves wey sabi speak am? grin
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by oderemo(m): 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
When will the police parade that STEALER ODUA.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
cheesy grin grin
Kanwulia: Yoruba language is very sweet o.
See all the thieves wey sabi speak am? grin
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by Youngzedd(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
eluquenson:

The unborn child can't be punished but its certain she will deliver the baby in prison.
She will suffer, shey be na SARS catch them, I laugh at her in japanese grin

Absolutely.
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by ifyalways(f): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Gbogbo big girls.
And they wont even invest the ill gotten money wisely then stop. Im sure she spent proceeds on Brazilian/Indian hair, aso-ebi for owambes wey dem no kuku invite her.

Her pooshie go hear am. From Sars cell to Kirikiri/Ikoyi na so all man go dey tear am go. Do the crime,face the time.
Shior angry
Re: Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects by sammyyoung2(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
For me.........i dont trust anytin that comes from the POLICE, if you av ever been to a police station or SARS in Ikeja, you would know how they robe innocent pple into accepting crimes they never committed..happened to a friend of mine, if not that BUTTONS where pressed, he would av been labelled a robber they av been looking for since 1973.....all coz, he was going to a night shift job he does with a CLUB in ikeja!

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Anambra Supplementary Elections: APC Deceitful Tactics Exposed!!! / 2 Yrs Later: Okada Riders Return As Govt Relaxes Enforcement - / BUHARI TO GET FUNDS FROM ARAB DONORS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.