Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! (1912 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / BVN Deadline: See The Long Queue At Unity Bank Auchi For Bank Verification NO. / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by ceysaga: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2008
Yesterday, I went to an Oceanic bank branch with my Oceanic ATM to withdraw. I checked my balance first (whish was over N20,000) and pressed the button to withdraw N20,000. The machine then displayed INSUFFICIENT FUND. I angrily went to ATM officer. When I got there, I met another guy with same case of missing N20,000 from ATM. The officers casually asked for our account numbers, pressed his computer and said that our money is back to our account. I was still there when yet another came and complained of the same missing N20,000. I began to suspect that this ATM officer was manipulating the machine to withdraw 2x your withdrawal so that he can dodge the other half.
Landers, beware and always check your balance before $ after withdrawal.

THIEVES DON DEY WORK FOR BANK TOO

Peace
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by peekayo: 11:07am On Jul 12, 2008
Oh dear, that has being a trend for almost 1yr now, a word id good for the wise like she said,
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by beluvic: 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2008
My people, its very real. It is a usual thing with Diamond bank ATM, especially if you are not using Diamond bank ATM card on Diamond bank machine. So please be very aware of this and always check your balance b4 and after every withdrawals,
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by lobinoxebe(m): 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
na everywhere runs dey, Just be carefull
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by janami(f): 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2008
if an employed grad with a monthly income is doing this, what will an unemployed grad do?Those that indulge in this trend are just thieves embarassed
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by slava: 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
My people, its very real. It is a usual thing with Diamond bank ATM, especially if you are not using Diamond bank ATM card on Diamond bank machine. So please be very aware of this and always check your balance before and after every withdrawals,

Hi Beluvic,
I am also a customer of Diamond Bank and I know Diamond Bank to be proactive in attending to her customers' complaints and enquiries.

ATM issues are prevalent in Nigeria and I know that the complaints are always resolved if properly channeled. Usually, all you have to do is to complain directly to your bank. For Diamond Bank, you can always send a mail to care2000@diamondbank.com, diamondcare@diamondbank.com and info@diamondbank.com and also call their contact centre on 0808 CALLDBC (0808 2255322 - toll free to Zain (celtel) subscribers) and 01-2793500.
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2008
Why are ya'all talkin like you arent educated. I am sorry for sounding like this but i was just hit under the belt and i am talking for a couple of my brothers in this race.
If you are not well informed please kindly ask questions.
I happen to be incharge of the ATM machines in my branch and a couple of the ATM outta my branch. Believe me this is one of the most stressful and dangerous department to work in. You are meant to always make sure the ATMs are working and disoensing cash. Most of the problems that are assocaited with this machines are usuallu due to the customers inability to heed to instrustions. Many of ya'all do not read notices wherever you are and you just walk up to an ATM machine without reading what was posted around there and transact your transaction to the best of your knowledge.
Now when the ATM doesnt dispense cash, it could be either the ATMs fault or the users fault. How can you call an institution that you had the trust to entrust your money to thieves. For example i read where someone said the bank staff must have done it deliberately. Why do you think banker are well paid? We have the highest degree of integrity and not interested in any shady means of acquiring wealth.
Now for example, the ATMs are actually designed to ONLY dispense 40 notes of any currency. meaning if the notes in the machine is N1000 bills, it should only have to dispense N40,000 and this is only possible in an ideal situation. most of our naira bills are not good and thanks to all of us for not protectin our currency well. the central bank cannot keep producing new bills everytime and even when they did for example the new N20 bill, what did we do it it? the N20 is not the worst bill in circulation right now and it was actually produced using the most expensive material because it was assumed it was the most circulated bill. Now because of the state of the bills, some backs actually advise that you only withdraw N20,000 once at a time and sometimes it could also fail you. When this does, the bank is not happy. We believe in balancing to the last kobo and having an overage in the ATM is as bad as having a shortage. your ATM must be at a nil balance @ all times. now if you arent able to get your cash from the ATM, you are advised to report the incidence to the officer in charge and it MUST not take more than 24hrs for the reversal to be done. most times, it could even take just 5mins depending on the case if you are a customer to the bank on whose ATM you are using but if you are using another banks ATM, it should take only 5 working days because it would be treated like a clearing cheque if you know how a clearing cheque works.
The advent of the ATM is one of the best things that have happened in our great country and we should please encourage it and understand that it is a phase and very soon i promise that it would be 100% reliable.
I have been in involved in the ATM operation of my bank and i know what the job entails and believe me, we need all the encouragement we can get. Do you know that i actually work round the clock. my phone numbers are pasted around the ATM and at any time the machine isnt working i am called to come and fix it even if i am in church or with my wife, ! now dont u think that is like a sacrifice and we need all the loving we can get?

Please there is no fraud on the operation of the ATM and no bank staff is ready to take your money. we are the custodians of your wealth and as asuch i expect that since you entrusted your wealth to us, trust us to safe guard it for u.

I am sorry if my tone is kinda harsh but i think that i am speakin for every staff of our Nigerian banks that is involved directly in the running of out ATMs. We also promise to improve our services and with time, you get to love us in return, just please bear with us for now. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by zeefever: 4:36pm On May 22, 2012
flingstone: Why are ya'all talkin like you arent educated. I am sorry for sounding like this but i was just hit under the belt and i am talking for a couple of my brothers in this race.
I happen to be incharge of the ATM machines in my branch and a couple of the ATM outta my branch. Believe me this is one of the most stressful and dangerous department to work in. You are meant to always make sure the ATMs are working and disoensing cash. Most of the problems that are assocaited with this machines are usuallu due to the customers inability to heed to instrustions. Many of ya'all do not read notices wherever you are and you just walk up to an ATM machine without reading what was posted around there and transact your transaction to the best of your knowledge.
Now when the ATM doesnt dispense cash, it could be either the ATMs fault or the users fault. How can you call an institution that you had the trust to entrust your money to thieves. For example i read where someone said the bank staff must have done it deliberately. Why do you think banker are well paid? We have the highest degree of integrity and not interested in any shady means of acquiring wealth.
Now for example, the ATMs are actually designed to ONLY dispense 40 notes of any currency. meaning if the notes in the machine is N1000 bills, it should only have to dispense N40,000 and this is only possible in an ideal situation. most of our naira bills are not good and thanks to all of us for not protectin our currency well. the central bank cannot keep producing new bills everytime and even when they did for example the new N20 bill, what did we do it it? the N20 is not the worst bill in circulation right now and it was actually produced using the most expensive material because it was assumed it was the most circulated bill. Now because of the state of the bills, some backs actually advise that you only withdraw N20,000 once at a time and sometimes it could also fail you. When this does, the bank is not happy. We believe in balancing to the last kobo and having an overage in the ATM is as bad as having a shortage. your ATM must be at a nil balance @ all times. now if you arent able to get your cash from the ATM, you are advised to report the incidence to the officer in charge and it MUST not take more than 24hrs for the reversal to be done. most times, it could even take just 5mins depending on the case if you are a customer to the bank on whose ATM you are using but if you are using another banks ATM, it should take only 5 working days because it would be treated like a clearing cheque if you know how a clearing cheque works.
The advent of the ATM is one of the best things that have happened in our great country and we should please encourage it and understand that it is a phase and very soon i promise that it would be 100% reliable.
I have been in involved in the ATM operation of my bank and i know what the job entails and believe me, we need all the encouragement we can get. Do you know that i actually work round the clock. my phone numbers are pasted around the ATM and at any time the machine isnt working i am called to come and fix it even if i am in church or with my wife, ! now dont u think that is like a sacrifice and we need all the loving we can get?

Please there is no fraud on the operation of the ATM and no bank staff is ready to take your money. we are the custodians of your wealth and as asuch i expect that since you entrusted your wealth to us, trust us to safe guard it for u.

I am sorry if my tone is kinda harsh but i think that i am speakin for every staff of our Nigerian banks that is involved directly in the running of out ATMs. We also promise to improve our services and with time, you get to love us in return, just please bear with us for now. Thanks
Bros,sorry now. Abeg no vex.
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by elari(m): 9:35pm On May 22, 2012
flingstone: Why are ya'all talkin like you arent educated. I am sorry for sounding like this but i was just hit under the belt and i am talking for a couple of my brothers in this race.

. . . Story
Re: Fraud Dey For Bank Atm O, Shine Your Eyes Ooooo! by walcolm(m): 10:29am On May 23, 2012
ceysaga: I began to suspect that this ATM officer was manipulating the machine to withdraw 2x your withdrawal so that he can dodge the other half.
Landers, beware and always check your balance before $ after withdrawal.

THIEVES DON DEY WORK FOR BANK TOO

Peace

this is a very unfair accusation! the ATM officers main job is to load the machine with money and be the first line investigator when the ATM misbehaves so that customer's money is returned to them.

(1) (Reply)

Food Package For Export / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? / Please! And Please! I Need A Writing Job!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.