Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,010 members, 7,849,074 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God (1626 Views)

Does Anyone Believe That 3am Is Really The Evil/demon Hour? / The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Is Bible The Word of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by vickyO(f): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sal C: Now you are talking dear. It' s like the 'word' u used is in upper case. Well am still waiting for Goshen360 on that.
But can you tell us why you are now convinced?
IT's centred on the Word, Christ.
And from it you get a detailed look into the plans of God for you.
Doesn't sound too concrete.
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO: I've asked and searched, I believe it's the Word of God.

Lol so God speaks words grin

You Christians are so dumb
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
@op

mark 7:13

and thus YOU make the [size=18pt]word of God[/size] invalid by YOUR tradition which YOU handed down. And many things similar to this YOU do.

luke 8:21

In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the [size=18pt]word of God[/size] and do it.”
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:
It's an account of things that happened. it isn't anyone's words per se.

John 17:17

Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

What do you think? Who is that "YOUR" talking about?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus is the word of God, however, I understand that to mean a title, to show that He acts as God's spokesperson just like Presidents do have a spokesperson. In other words, that Jesus is the word of God doesnt mean he is the literal word of God.

What do you think?
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by macof(m): 12:02am On Nov 29, 2013
JMAN05:

Jesus is the word of God, however, I understand that to mean a title, to show that He acts as God's spokesperson just like Presidents do have a spokesperson. In other words, that Jesus is the word of God doesnt mean he is the literal word of God.

What do you think?

1. Is the Jesus u call and worship a man who died for ur sins?
2. Or A personification of the force of righteousness, purity
And consciousness?

Ur answer would release U and also I from a lot od confusion
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by mahdino: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=Lordlexyy]Dear Vick, what happen to the scripture being written by men but inspired by God? Granted that, not every word in the scripture is God's word, but every word was conceived and written by men by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost for reprove, correction, admonition and righteousness, and that Holy Ghost is no other person than Christ Jesus Himself, in the heart of men confirming the Word. [/quote

Pls when Samson went to Gaza (old testament) and he saw a harlot then he went in to have sex with her, in which of the above points does that fall in. Reprove, correction or admonition.
Ezeikiel chapter 23, I dare u to read those filty dirty words to your mum. Pls Read in the simple and straight english everyone can understand
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Mintayo(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2013
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why The Bible Isn't Really The Word Of God by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
macof:

1. Is the Jesus u call and worship a man who died for ur sins?
2. Or A personification of the force of righteousness, purity
And consciousness?

Ur answer would release U and also I from a lot od confusion

Maybe you were'nt referring to me 'cos that does'nt synch with my submission. I repeat:

What do you think?

If you want ask that question, it should'nt be in this thread. Even if you want to do it, you respond to mine first. Your question has no relation to my comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Catholics Worship Mary? It Is Wrong... / A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. / Why Do some Christians Hate The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.