Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? (20988 Views)

The Secret Behind Storing Yams So It Doesn't Grow Moulds / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins / Can Eating Too Much Pineapple Cause Diabetics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by LawChick: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
The Promise - A Nairalander gets a monthly free GIFT from www.mytrendyitems.com

Though its still early to decide who gets this gift for November, the selfless act of one Nairalander by name - Dryakson
has convinced us that he gets this months gift unopposed! He won because he did this -
READ ABOUT IT HERE

So Dryakson, well done to you, Nigeria needs more people like you, take it from me that you are now a Nairaland Hero. In fact you are a National hero. You can decide to follow oduz idea, or something. This thing you did needs to be promoted more then the so called STARS. The bank should had done more for you simply because your deed gives people hope, we seriously need hope in this country.

Your gift pack is ready, pls call Eno on 07031357736 to claim.

Once again, congrats!

Your Fan,

LawChick

For:
http://mytrendyitems.com

facebook page - http://statictab.com/gafypah

http://twitter.com/mytrendyitems
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
booqee: but even this yam you're talking about is called ewura or water yam, and contrary to ur opinion i think its peculiar to the ijebus not oyo and ondo. Infact ikokore na the number one ijebu food and its made from this water yam.
bros I never mention Ewura to be the specific WILD yam that Enhance Multiple birth, i just mention some yams which am not sure of any1 among them until i confirm da name of da wild yam sir... Yorubas have different Yams specially for different dishes... For instance, the best yam for pounded yam is AMARA... Ewura is gud for OJOJO... We also have Igangan, dagi dagi, ikokoro, gidiyo etc... And ijebu yorubas are known for ikokore buh in otha part of yoruba land we have OJOJO wich i dnt knw if it's the same wit ikokore... Yorubas process yams into different dishes AMALA, ASARO, OJOJO, IKOKORE, ISU SUNSUN, ISU BIBO, ISU YIYAN AND ALSO YAM CHIPS... May be u av gat to eat YAMS in those forms b4 u are qualify to born Twins grin
booqee: but even this yam you're talking about is called ewura or water yam, and contrary to ur opinion i think its peculiar to the ijebus not oyo and ondo. Infact ikokore na the number one ijebu food and its made from this water yam.
bros I never mention Ewura to be the specific WILD yam that Enhance Multiple birth, i just mention some yams which am not sure of any1 among them until i confirm da name of da wild yam sir... Yorubas have different Yams specially for different dishes... For instance, the best yam for pounded yam is AMARA... Ewura is gud for OJOJO... We also have Igangan, dagi dagi, ikokoro, gidiyo etc... And ijebu yorubas are known for ikokore buh in otha part of yoruba land we have OJOJO wich i dnt knw if it's the same wit ikokore... Yorubas process yams into different dishes AMALA, ASARO, OJOJO, IKOKORE, ISU SUNSUN, ISU BIBO, ISU YIYAN AND ALSO YAM CHIPS... May be u av gat to eat YAMS in those forms b4 u are qualify to born Twins
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by blakky97(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
, and women trying to conceive in western parts of the world are desperately looking for yams in order to boost their chances of having twins
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by kt3tu(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Lol... Very silly. How about the people who born triplet, quadruplet and so on? They eat coco yam?
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by thegenius84: 8:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
i'm definitely gonna give birth to twins cos it runs in my family and love them.... Future wife be Ready
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Egbagirl(f): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Some people can like to read and understand before making comments. There is a specific type of yam in Oyo so it doesn't apply to all types. So if your mom, sister, friend, girl friend, aunty or whoever eats/ate yam 3 times a day and she doesn't/didn't have twins, please ask her where the yam is from.

Anyway, all I see right now is good business and money.

2 Likes

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Olamagnifico: bros I never mention Ewura to be the specific WILD yam that Enhance Multiple birth, i just mention some yams which am not sure of any1 among them until i confirm da name of da wild yam sir... Yorubas have different Yams specially for different dishes... For instance, the best yam for pounded yam is AMARA... Ewura is gud for OJOJO... We also have Igangan, dagi dagi, ikokoro, gidiyo etc... And ijebu yorubas are known for ikokore buh in otha part of yoruba land we have OJOJO wich i dnt knw if it's the same wit ikokore... Yorubas process yams into different dishes AMALA, ASARO, OJOJO, IKOKORE, ISU SUNSUN, ISU BIBO, ISU YIYAN AND ALSO YAM CHIPS... May be u av gat to eat YAMS in those forms b4 u are qualify to born Twins grin bros I never mention Ewura to be the specific WILD yam that Enhance Multiple birth, i just mention some yams which am not sure of any1 among them until i confirm da name of da wild yam sir... Yorubas have different Yams specially for different dishes... For instance, the best yam for pounded yam is AMARA... Ewura is gud for OJOJO... We also have Igangan, dagi dagi, ikokoro, gidiyo etc... And ijebu yorubas are known for ikokore buh in otha part of yoruba land we have OJOJO wich i dnt knw if it's the same wit ikokore... Yorubas process yams into different dishes AMALA, ASARO, OJOJO, IKOKORE, ISU SUNSUN, ISU BIBO, ISU YIYAN AND ALSO YAM CHIPS... May be u av gat to eat YAMS in those forms b4 u are qualify to born Twins
but my SISTER, why you dey use 'bros' and 'sir' for me?? You no see female for my moniker??
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by BCJAY(f): 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
It may and it may not but me i do not eat yam as such and my 3rd trial are two beautiful indentical girls.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by dyzle(m): 9:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] yea ryt
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by sholay2011(m): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
booqee: but my SISTER, why you dey use 'bros' and 'sir' for me?? You no see female for my moniker??
grin grin grin grin

Bros Sister abeg no vex. grin
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by nikkypearl(f): 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
sholay2011:
grin grin grin grin

Bros Sister abeg no vex. grin
grin u enn! @Booque no vex my sis u hear grin

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by princesa(f): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thank God Yam is one of favorites...
Even My papa sef na twin
and My mama bein born twin...

therefore twins must not pass me by. Identical boys first, then unidentical girls follow, person don born finish be that! cheesy
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Xyge(m): 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
undecided..hmmmmn... SUPERSTITION at its peak..

2 Likes

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Xyge(m): 12:05am On Nov 07, 2013
princesa: Thank God Yam is one of favorites...
Even My papa sef na twin
and My mama bein born twin...

therefore twins must not pass me by. Identical boys first, then unidentical girls follow, person don born finish be that! cheesy
princesa(Miss), even u sef believe this 'superstitious' write-up? *scoffs*... Now, I would that you read ur post wif apt understanding and painstakingly...then decipher the 'obvious' facts in it... Don't u see that it points down to HEREDITARY? That it has to do more wif your family's GENETIC configurationehn? Isn't it evident enough? No offenses plsss.. @princesa..u still ma biggest female fan for this Forum.. Luv ur writeup(s). Luv you.
SPERANZA.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Kyase(m): 12:20am On Nov 07, 2013
If na so all tiv children for be twins
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Fahiza: 1:00am On Nov 07, 2013
[quote
author=hitman2911]Some experts believed that high content of plant
hormone phytoestrogen in yam and cassava is more likely to be
responsible for the release of 2 or more eggs on monthly basis during
menstrual cycle.
However, there is really no strong scientific evidence to support this
claim. Okro and Agida (a vegetable) also have high level of
phytoestrogen. All these are consumed on daily basis by the Yorubas.
The yam species regularly consumed by the Yorubas contain Diosgenin
which can be used to commercially produce Progesterone and other
hormones same as a wild yam known as Mexico yam which was used to
produce hormones in the 1960s. However diosgenin can't be converted to
estrogen in the human body after consumption.
Genetic predisposition has a stronger association than dietary link.
Many tribes and groups in Nigeria do also consume yam but do not have as
much twinning rates as the Yorubas.
For epidemiologists who may be interested in this study, Yoruba women in
diaspora who are not consuming yam will serve as a control for this
research. [/quote] in benue state they have high twinning rate as well.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 07, 2013
booqee: but my SISTER, why you dey use 'bros' and 'sir' for me?? You no see female for my moniker??
And u tink i did it intentionally?... Well u done revenge... Equation balance...
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by MaziOmenuko: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2013
C'est moi:
Whether this is true or not,speculation or not,I'm gonna increase the rate at which I eat yam in order to get myself ready and pray hard too.I want twins.....I love twins!....

You need someone to plant the twins there; someone who can #winks#

Cava madamosier?
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Arysexy(m): 7:38am On Nov 07, 2013
Rubbish superstition. Yoruba ppl attribute so many things to superstition.

Yam wey u eat dey comot as shyt! E no get anything to do with female reproductive organ.

Pple stil think this way in dis age? Kai shege!
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by pek(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2013
bullocks! are you telling me that they eat more yams than benue or kogi people ? is there any scientific evidence to back up this claim we keep hearing?

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2013
sholay2011: @OP...Sorry to ask o...are you studying a course presently whose title is 'superstitious african beliefs'?

For your last thread, na you talk say if hand dey scratch pesin, dat mean say pesin wan receive or give out money... grin

Now...yam consumption can result into twin births...interesting cool

Anyway, thanks for the tips. wink My wife must start eating yam lyk mad starting from our courtship...yeah. ..I'm that desperate for twins grin

@OP...are you? grin grin grin
its not a superstition. Read http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 8:55am On Nov 07, 2013
Statistical yorubas have the highest rate of twins. Read to remain less ignorant http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Zeetry: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Afam4eva: I know about Okro and not Yam. There's a town in Kwara state that has the highest number of twin births in Nigeria and they eat Okro like no tomorrow.
What's d name
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:00am On Nov 07, 2013
Some yam contain phytoestrogen an hormone which stimulate ovaries to release an egg from each side.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by simplynola(m): 9:57am On Nov 07, 2013
Hope they dont come out with yam heads? Just Curios
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by wasak(m): 10:28am On Nov 07, 2013
kambili999: ;Dall twin lovers say cheeeeeeeessssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee...
cheeeeeeeeeese I Lov twins... I always tell my girlfriend to be prepared!
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by wasak(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2013
BCJAY: It may and it may not but me i do not eat yam as such and my 3rd trial are two beautiful indentical girls.
I wish to c them! u have no idea how much I love twins . ... my Mama bleeped up but I'm not gonna Bleep up....

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by sholay2011(m): 11:02am On Nov 07, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: its not a superstition. Read http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twins
Mmm. Thanks for the link.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Burger01(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2013
Igbo Ora!! Here I come!

20 basket full of yam tubers, abeg how much!?

I really like twins and I need at least 2 sets of.

sad

1 Like

Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2013
sholay2011:
Mmm. Thanks for the link.
no probs
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by princesa(f): 11:37am On Nov 07, 2013
Xyge:
princesa(Miss), even u sef believe this 'superstitious' write-up? *scoffs*... Now, I would that you read ur post wif apt understanding and painstakingly...then decipher the 'obvious' facts in it... Don't u see that it points down to HEREDITARY? That it has to do more wif your family's GENETIC configurationehn? Isn't it evident enough? No offenses plsss.. @princesa..u still ma biggest female fan for this Forum.. Luv ur writeup(s). Luv you.
SPERANZA.

love you too grin

but seriously, i think its genetic. And since it kind of runs in my family, i hope it doesn't pass me by, cos giving birth in three or four consecutive times is stress.
Re: Can Eating Yams Really Give You Twins? by Cestmoi1(f): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

You need someone to plant the twins there; someone who can #winks#

Cava madamosier?
Lmao......#speechless.I'm good and you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / Help!!!any Advise On How To Revive My Egusi Soup. / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.