Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,230 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC (1059 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC / Enugu Gov. Chime Bans All Forms Of Public Gathering Till Further Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC by ekytessy(f): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wife of Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sullivan Chime, has called on the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to deliver her from her husband.

In a petition to the commission, Mrs. Clara Chime accused the governor of an abusive relationship that has led to her suffering from depression, adding that the governor has locked her up in a room and denied her access to her four-year-old son and visitors.

The petition of the governor’s wife read:

“I have been married to Governor Sullivan Chime for five years. It has been a somewhat tempestuous relationship, which has virtually irretrievably broken down in the past couple of years.

“We do not have a relationship anymore and the situation inevitably led to my nervous breakdown. I have been diagnosed with severe depression and at some point was quite suicidal.

“The strategy of my estranged husband is to subject me to the most horrific and intolerable of conditions to cause my demise but my strength and will to live has kept me alive. It is very difficult to outline everything happening to me here but I shall enumerate the major issues below:

• Not had s*xual relationship with my husband for four years;
• Deprived of all my responsibilities as a wife;
• Prevented from bonding with my four-year-old son;
• Barred me from receiving visitors, whether family or friends;
• In the last three weeks, a lady friend who visited me was stopped from seeing me and the result is now complete incarceration from the outside world;
• In effect, I am locked up in my bedroom, without access to anybody.

“I am only allowed food but no access to fresh air; I have been locked up because I demanded to leave, even without my son. Governor Chime recently revoked my land allocation; the governor is doing everything possible to break my will.

“All I want and demand is to be allowed to leave. If I have committed any crime, I request that due process should be followed. I was also recently attacked by my husband before the visitor mentioned above who is a living witness and will be prepared to testify.

“I am falsely being imprisoned and the state House of Assembly should be made (to be) aware of this.

“My husband pays a doctor to inject me with all sorts of drugs. I have the capacity to decide whether or not I need the treatment. On occasions where I had refused the medication because of the intolerable side effects, I was restrained and given it against my will. All my rights are being violated.

“I would also wish the Nigerian Medical Council be informed of the activity of this doctor who is only interested in my husband’s wishes and does not care about my suffering. Medical confidentiality is not part of this doctor’s tool.

“I have tried to leave and was pushed back by the security agents and it is clear I am unable to do so except through other intermediaries.

“My passionate plea is to be allowed to leave peacefully as I no more wish to exist under this prevailing state. In the event that I die, please note that this must have been brought about by my husband. I wish to make it categorically clear that I have no intention of taking my own life. I have completely lost trust in my estranged husband.

“The possibility of the doctor injecting me with a lethal substance must never be underestimated. I have a friend who is a good friend of the family and would collaborate a lot in the event of any mishap to me and wish not to mention the name but he would contact you ultimately.

“I am begging you to help facilitate my release and bring my suffering and ordeal to an end.”

Posted by niyi on November 5, 2013.
Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/11/hold-my-husband-responsible-for-my-death-wife-of-enugu-gov-tells-nhrc.html

Re: Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC by CyberG: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
Why doesn't Chime let this woman go for goodness sake? Is it by FORCE?? It's a pity some women do not look to the best place to marry but are carried away by temporal, pedestrian considerations! If the woman dies, Chime should be found guilty and given the capital punishment! His life is not superior to that of this helpless woman!

1 Like

Re: Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC by henrychubayo: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
This is getting serious. But its a nice lesson for her and others. Wen I was in coal city before they wed, I learnt that he is married b4 and it didn't go well with his previous marriage. Someone who is married b4 but divorce his wife is likely to do the same with you. The Governor might be doing great job in his administration but he might not be good in relationship and she rushed to marry him to be called first lady. Am sorry but that is your choice madam. For better for worse.
Re: Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC by Ikengawo: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Hold My Husband Responsible If I Die, Wife Of Enugu Gov Tells NHRC by geeez: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
This man is an embarrassment

I wonder how he feels with all these allegations

I support a full enforcement of the lady's right

She has a right to life and freedom

Marriage should never be a life in bondage

(1) (Reply)

Photos: As Deji Falae Buried In Akure / Military Repel Boko Boys In An Early Morning Gun Duel / Vanguard Monday January 6-resign, Sanusi Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.