Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues (11294 Views)

I Need This Bluetooth Obdii Scanner / Please Wise Guys I Need Info On OBDII Scanners / More Facts About Obdii Scanning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 9:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hi
I just got an autel MS 509 scanner and used it to scan my vehicle. I got a lot of results, some of which I understand but others too technical for me.

The scanner gave the following results:

PENDING
P0300
P0304
P0305

STORED
P0443
P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161
P2195
P2197

While I believe I can get my mechanics to fix the pending faults which I believe have to do with cylinders 4&5 misfiring (I think it should be plugs or nozzles), I have absolutely no idea of the evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit or all the other sensors that those codes represent.

The help needed now is as follows:
- Is my interpretation of the pending issues above correct?
- What do I do with the stored issues? Wipe them, leave them or address them as pending also?
- Any other things I need to know as a JJC in scanner related activities for vehicles.

Please note that check engine light is presently on in my vehicle, and even flashed severally when driving today.

Thanks.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Since you have cyl 4&5 you either drive a I5, V6, or V8.

Model and year would have helped

p0135 frayed o2 wire, or ground wire bank 1 p0155 same but bank 2 or are bad sensors(not normal) code caused by something you will have to diagnose

P2195 codes indicates its a ford O2 lean.

All the pending codes are related heater and lean for both, both can't have same problem check you tube for solution

2 Likes

Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
I posted my original reply last night it thinking straight still right but I think I have the solution be a use I had similar problem once.

Misfire means you need to change all spark plug with new motorcraft plugs(you need to anyway as part of maintenance) and make sure no one crossed the coil wires if you don't fix it you will need a new catalytic converter.

O2 sensor codes probably caused by stripped wire. Solution will be to check the fuse box usually the one in engine bay for a fuse labelled O2 heater.If it's burnt replacing might fix it you will have to make sure you find the problem usually bottom O2 sensor wire is damaged locate and try talk g off
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks so much@sultaan for the advice. U too much.

UPDATE
My mechanic has cleared a plug saying that it used to have partial contact and now the vehicle is raising well. I rescanned the vehicle and the cylinders misfire has gone and no more pending issues.

However, all the stored issues (7) remain there kampe, and the check engine light is still on.

What is the next line of action pls?
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
Paragraph 3 grin
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Apologies and thank you sir. Will do to and get back.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 12:39am On Nov 09, 2013
I meant try taping the part of the wire that the insulation is stripped,its probably rubbing on some part of the car.

you know when wires get stripped and you have sparks the fuse will burn, same could be the case here so look at the wires of your O2 sensors ans the O2 heater fuse
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2013
Oga sultaan: you are God sent. Thanks so much.

My mechanic checked it and said the O2 sensor wire mistakenly lied on the exhaust pipe and it got melted together with the clip where the two wires meet. so he said we have to buy a new one. Any idea where I can get another one to replace the burnt ones. I think it is the back O2 sensor that is affected.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 4:18am On Nov 10, 2013
Do you realize you never even mention make,model,year and engine of the car?

I'm just guessing its a Mazda or ford V6

people say there are ford parts in ojuelegba

2 Likes

Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
My bad @ sultaan:
It is a Ford Escape V6, 2004 Model. it uses the same engine with Mazda Tribute and Mercury Mariner.

any other info needed will be provided.

Thanks sir.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bosch O2 sensor # 15719
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Peacefullife: My bad @ sultaan:
It is a Ford Escape V6, 2004 Model. it uses the same engine with Mazda Tribute and Mercury Mariner.

any other info needed will be provided.

Thanks sir.
p0300 to p305 meant cylinder 3-5 is misfiring, check or change your plugs, use 4 spark, its way better.
P0443 = EVAP PURGE SO LONOID CIRCUIT
P0135=O2 SENSOR 1/1 CIRCUIT HIGH
P0141=O2 SENSOR 1/2 HEATER PERFORMANCE
P0155=O2 SENSOR 2/1 HEATER PERFORMANCE
P0161=O2 SENSOR 2/2 HEATER PERFORMANCE
P0195 =ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE SENSOR
And finally P2197 =Lack of HO2S-21 Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean Detailed Description A heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) indicating lean at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over-rich condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Eriko2k2: thanks so much for the input. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about these things/ parts other than to drive. Pls break it down to a lay man' s level.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Peacefullife: Eriko2k2: thanks so much for the input. Unfortunately, I don't know too much about these things/ parts other than to drive. Pls break it down to a lay man' s level.
Change ur spark plugs for cylinder 3,4 and 5
service ur injectors,check ur exhust pipe for leakage if all thats ok, get new O2 sensors.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by sultaan(m): 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Remember I said change all your spark plugs with new ones and change the damaged O2 sensor with the part number I earlier gave or you can go cheap and splice the melted wires
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Olugbenger(m): 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
I missed my road.sorry!
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by spcoded: 8:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
as suggested by others, check the oxygen sensor s if they bad be ready to change all. also the EVAP system may be plugged up. ask your Mechanic to check it. do you normally fill your fuel tank to the brim. you may have damage the EVAP system by doin so. what EVAP system does is that it allow the fuel vapour to pass through certain valve to prevent pressure building up in the fuel tank. if you have been filling your tank to the brim this can cause raw fuel to pass to the system.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by kolokolobi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Wow.....and I thought I was smart. See decoding. I bow ooooo.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by beethoven: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
My Friend...GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Cargoed: 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
Many of the machines only tells you the codes some go further and tell you what the code is but stops there. Then especially the laptop ones can tell you the car fault code, the definition of the code and then how to fix it. This will save you a lot of time.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Peacefullife: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Thanks everyone especially @ sultaan and Erico. You have been helpful from inception. The check engine light is still on although the codes have reduced in number. Will post the remaining codes tomorrow.

@spcoded: thanks so much. I usually fill my tank to the brim every two or three days. Just my own style. So probably I could have damaged the EVAP system as you suggested. Can it be removed and cleaned? What is the way forward?
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by pendusky(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy Mechanics section... though it might help me... page bookmarked!! cool
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
Peacefullife: Thanks everyone especially @ sultaan and Erico. You have been helpful from inception. The check engine light is still on although the codes have reduced in number. Will post the remaining codes tomorrow.

@spcoded: thanks so much. I usually fill my tank to the brim every two or three days. Just my own style. So probably I could have damaged the EVAP system as you suggested. Can it be removed and cleaned? What is the way forward?
Well that concept bout filling ur tank to its brim is of roadside mechanics,you have a fuel pump which send petrol at a specific presure,this situation was corrected from thecaburator system to the injector system, it one controled by cam shaft, the other ECU.The reason I sugest U do an Exhust check is cos when there is leaks it fools the O2 sensors to give reading of 2much oxygen, dunno if U get me.In theory you can decode physicaly if your O2 sensor is bad, it requires detailed test by a metre .
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by stevio(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hi Sultan,pls can you send me ur email on smilesteve4sure@yahoo.com?
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by wickyyolo: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2013
I have no idea what you people are talking about.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by checkdate(m): 2:05am On Nov 26, 2013
wickyyolo: I have no idea what you people are talking about.

sit back.
Relax.
Learn; just like others.

1 Like

Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by cardoctor(m): 6:00am On Nov 26, 2013
Not as easy as it seems. Welldone.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 26, 2013
i advice ya to google it and it would be well explained
Re: Interpretation Of Obdii Scan Results And Related Issues by ziccoit: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2013
Cartalk section is the major, if not the only, reason why I visit NL nowadays. The section is stuffy with stuffs and well managed compare to what obtainable in other sections. Thanks to the no-nonsense moderator-Mr Ikenna. I feel as if I'm in my sitting room whenever I enter the section. The atmosphere there is cool, devoid of heavy rain of abuses and all sorts.

About the code decipher, I'm learning. Welldone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! / How Important Is Mileage For Nigerian-used Cars: Dealers Please Advise / PAN Nigeria Higer Bus Bags Best New Auto Entrant Commercial Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.