Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 (38490 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 20-simple Businesses You Can Start At Home With N20,000 Or Less / N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by osmond2009(m): 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
My broda u did excellently, any body cursing you and your generation is perpetuating poverty in his family' however 800,000 is not dat big to commit oneself. God will definitely show u mercy
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by blackpanda: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Still swallowing paracetamol from the bad english........ undecided undecided cry
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by creativemusic: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by deebrain(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to all the workers including the people inside the bank as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

I have no regrets what so ever
And if you were in my shoe, what will you do in this situation?

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question

Note these "two guys"....... They are poor because they have a poverty mentality. You can never see rich folks talk like them! For crying out loud, some folks think that 800k will be the end to their problems! Pity! Guy you are blessed. The 20,000 they gave you is nothing compared to the harvest in finances and help you will get in your life-because of the seeds you have sown. cheers

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Equado(m): 2:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: Good day nairalanders,
I posted how 800,000 naira was deposited into my account from an unknown person last week and the advices I got from my fellow nairalanders inspired me while some is the other way round.. Who no want money, I like it too but the consequences that will follow is the Wahala.. Lol.
I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her... Happy happy...
I asked her for the phone number attached to the teller that sent 800,000 naira last week and she did I thank her and went outside the banking hall.
I called the number and a female voice pops out of the speaker she asked who I was but I ignore her question and ask her if she made any deposit of money last week, but said NO.... ALERT! ALERT!....
2 minutes later she called and said her husband who is currently in USA sent money to his brother's account here in Nigeria before his journey last week and that the brother is also in USA with him according to her the brother (account owner) will be back to Nigeria in 1 week time, I also asked if she received any alert about the money with her number but she said she don't know why she stop receiving alert... ......... She was alerted too.
She asked if I was a banker but I said no, I asked her to send me her husband number but she hang the call.
5 minutes later a foreign number came in I assume it to be the depositor calling with USA number.
He asked who I was and how I got his wife phone number, I narrated how the money was sent to my account and how I got his wife's number. bla... Bla..... Bla
According to him, the teller is with him in USA, I returned to the bank and tell the lady all what had happened she was amazed at how my names as well as the account number is thesame except the difference of one number which is 7 in mine and 2 on his brothers own .
The manager arrived and ask the depositor to scan and send the copy of the teller for verification. It was concluded that the money was for him.
The manager thanks me and introduces me to all the workers including the people inside the bank as a loyal and a good Patriotic Nigerian. According to the manager I made a good decision of reporting to the bank unlike other people who will withdraw and spent the money and later paid and charge for fraudulent.
In the other hand, the wife, her husband and the owner of the account thanks me then asked the manager to leave #20,000 while he transfer the remaining #780,000 to the other account, he promised to be calling me anytime.

What surprises me was how two guys from the banking hall curse me and my entire generation for returning a huge amount of money worth 800k. according to them, I should have withdraw the money and Run to outside country, I laughed and go my way.

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
.....cock and bull shit...dis story z fiction....nyce script dough
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ITbomb(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson:

You mean run with only N800K , those guys must be real hopeless thieves.
Well , I did told you to spend the money if after two weeks you no hear anything.
Because from my experience, if someone paid in the money and someone else was expecting it then within two days , the bank would have been notify and start making inquiries and trace it to your account and find it intact. OR . If someone sent to another person without informing the person if he/she had receive it, then normally he would be expecting an appreciation within a week , if the appreciation did not come , the sender will begin to vex , ask why and the sendee will say he/she did not receive it and the bank will be called to do their thing.
So by two weeks if the money is still in your account, then by all mean spend it.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by arms90: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
i jst day read al of wuna texes since no 1 mke sence.me no day comment o bt wuna dun force me to comment 2day.i lyk h is action o e try wela bt who ever u b u dun succed in denyin ur wealth and riches 4ever.GOD get plenty ways way e day enrich hm servant so u dun deny ur own b dat imagine hw much e gv u 20k.wicked and stingy man e sopose gv u atleast 200k mteeeww!Nonsence
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
WELL DONE BRO
THERE IS STILL SOME GOOD IN THIS CESSPIT
THANKS 4 PROVING DOUBTERS LIKE ME WRONG
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by amanikondo: 3:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
I want to give you 10,000 Naira for your honesty. How do I reach you? I am not joking oooo. If you can post your email, I will reach out to you and someone will call to pay the money.I know say you no beg for money.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by adejade(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
nice one, am proud of you.

I had the same experience and was abused by everyone there but I had peace in me.

there is hope for Nigeria.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson:

Let's hear your say

You can ask any question
@op u have done the right thing,GOD bless u but come oooo u wan use ur english kill person for here ooo!!!see bullet!!!.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Iykeponti(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Na lie!!! Na who u dey whine with dis ya fake story , u return 800k nd take 20k... even if u be Oritsejioffor grin
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by murtalaa(m): 3:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
good samaritan, no doubt.
bad writer, no doubt.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by kingk(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
oduz: [size=18pt]WHY I Will Score U 40%[/size]

DRY-ACTION, I am proud of you, u are now an NL HERO, I am one of your respondents from your first thread where you sought advice on this issue. & this was what I said .......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report to your Bank Manager, accompanied by Journalists & become a Hero

[size=18pt]Touch it & u may END UP IN JAIL[/size]

IF u Finally get there, u will notice a lot of writings on the wall

Be Gracious enough to quote this WARNING on the wall, to warn others

If in doubt seek Legal Advice

Or go to First Bank HQ, ask of what happened to a customer who mistakenly saw the balance of another customer of same name on ATM & spent it, they may be kind enough to give u his cell address

Those who are now 'Approving' that u should do the 'needful' will not be there when your picture appear in the newspapers for the Wrong things & some innocent members of your family are holding Tearful get-togethers, God Forbid

Best Wishes cool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

......... U missed 'accompanied by Journalists' However, there is always space in the Biggest Room in the World, the room for IMPROVEMENT. & this is how you can leverage on it ....

Go to the corporate headquarters of the Bank & drop a letter to the MD, through the corporate affairs Head, comending the Bank & their Branch Manager for helping you earn N20,000

Appeal that your mentor has suggested that you tell the story to the Press as a way to help improve morals in the nation at large

Add that it was also suggested that the Bank will need to varify the anthenticity of the story at some stage, so the need to alert them in advance

But it is also considered that using the Banks publicity apparatus may give it a better professional packaging as well as ensure some image control/monitoring/benefit to the Bank in some way ...............

Whatever process is used in getting a media support for this story will convert it from being a Nollywood Tale by the Moonlihgt, to an ESSENTIAL part of your CV which can fetch a better job/Award/appointment now or in the Future

40% is a pass mark in some schools, its just that NL mentors (TEAM INTEGRITY) think a distinguished member like you deserve something better, for being positive in the midst of High intensity negativism pervading our Forum & nation at large.

We need good role models & u have been identified as a good Prospect, I pray u do not disappoint ........

IF u take any of these steps, the value of this incidence will increase by some high percentage, & those laughing at you will frown at their own folly ........ & DRY-ACTION would be converted to Super-Action or 'Super-Dryakson', as you may desire ........

The Land is Green cool

To stop corruption and money lundring, VOTE DRYAKSON for president from 2015 till nigeria change.
*Chikina*

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Mustay(m): 3:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
You see them again? They're criticizing the owner of the 800k for giving you 2.5% of his money! Damn

Our values are going AWOL. . . We need to re-teach the younger ones to abandon this 'quick-money' mentality. The man was under no obligation to reward you financially but imagining him thinking of the rot we are in - the samaritan gesture must have surprised him. Massive reorientation is needed in this country. The head doesn't grow without a body - let us continue the (little) condemnations against improper and corrupt behaviors be it virtual or real life!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
wasak:
like Seriously are u well? what if he didn't return it at all. common! let's encourage honesty

If he didn't return it at all he'll be in big trouble because the bank will eventually find the error and he'll be treated like a common criminal.

He didn't pick the money on the street, it was sent to his account and very traceable.

Even if he picked it from the street, taking it would have been as good as armed robbery because it doesn't belong to him.

It's good to encourage honesty but don't encourage dishonesty in the process . . .
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Sejj(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
You acted "right" and said "NO" to greed even when that was against popular opinion, the underlying motive notwithstanding.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by whosefault(f): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mustay: You see them again? They're criticizing the owner of the 800k for giving you 2.5% of his money! Damn

Our values are going AWOL. . . We need to re-teach the younger ones to abandon this 'quick-money' mentality. The man was under no obligation to reward you financially but imagining him thinking of the rot we are in - the samaritan gesture must have surprised him. Massive reorientation is needed in this country. The head doesn't grow without a body - let us continue the (little) condemnations against improper and corrupt behaviors be it virtual or real life!!!

this guy is a product of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,
this is the transformation agenda train. people are already boarding. nice one, you are a true Nigerian
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by chris51(f): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
WELL DONE for tracing the owners of the money (N800,000). The owners did well by rewarding you with N20,000. This 20k gift will give you more peace of mind than even N8m. They may be in position to help you achieve greater things. Keep communication with them open.

Almighty God will bless you & your family. You will never lack in Jesus name. Amen

As for the people who abused you for tracing the owners, leave them. They are illitrates & suffering from abject poverty. Which problem can that money solve for anybody?

You did the right thing & if our people continue this way, then, there is hope for Nigeria.

God bless & protect you always. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by ndidibabe(f): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
I don't believe this story. It doesn't add up. Besides, OP needs to improve his use of English. It is so bad!!
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by Bright2(m): 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
You took the best decision cause N800k worth nothing compare to the consequences of the fraud charge involved & beside that amount can not even comfortably send you outside the country,what if you travell out & they send you back in less than a month? So you did the right thing undecided
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by yinparc: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good of u.God wil rewards u.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
@OP,

You are a good man. Who knows what this might eventually brought you,..... More than N20K I'm sure.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eguityjustice(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
360command: Good of you, its better to remain poor than been a fugitive @ large. You have inspired us all. To those banks who advised you to withdraw the money, it just shows that bankers they suffer for 9ja. Their eye don red.
u lack comprehensive skill.and u dont reason at all. That someone told him in the bank to withraw the money, doesnt mean that the person is a banker. There are customers in the bank. How can a banker advise his customer to commit fraud in the bank that provide food in his table? wht does stand to gain? dont u know that any banker that does that will loose his job?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by joaquin64(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson: kinda stingy but I was not expecting any kobo before we did everything it on phone

@dryakson, After all your alleged "good will" and the kind praises you just received I honestly cannot believe you agreed to a comment which referred to the man as "stingy" and eventually called him stingy yourself. You did a supposedly kind thing, that goes without question, but you honestly have no idea how hard it was for the man to find that money in the first place, or, God forbid, if that money is a little contribution for some serious health problem his wife is going through back in Nigeria and they are still looking for more for the expensive care. If he told you, would you even have accepted to take the "stingy 20,000" he gave you?!

Forgive my poor judgement, but, the way you even titled this post, looks like you were simply fishing for some moral justification that you did the right thing or as if you wanted to know if that amount rewarded to you was worth the trouble or not. I may be wrong.

You said it yourself, "I was not expecting any kobo" and yet you got kobos, and still said he was "kinda stingy". Damn. It just makes me think you only returned that money out of pure, cowardly fear and not because you truly knew it was the right thing to do. Still, all said and done, your 'kind' action may have been a good thing but, YOU NEED TO BE MORE GRATEFUL!

4 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
dryakson:

I went to the bank and asked for my account break down and the consumer icare lady break the ,account details including the last deposit of the 800,000 naira without any suspicious from her
Op, you try ehh!
But if na me, I won't spend the money, I will not even withdraw it from my account.
I will leave it sitting in my account for a period of time say 6months, then if still not discovered then it will just keep accumulating interest for me.
NB
But you did the best given the fear in your system.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by wasak(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Galaxydon1: this is how some people will lose there blessing from God thinking they r doing the right thing. Your type will remain poor forever.
Oh my God!!! are u serious?
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
joaquin64:
@dryakson, After all your good will and the kind praises you just received I honestly cannot believe you agreed to a comment which referred to the man as "stingy" and eventually called him stingy yourself. You did a kind thing, that goes without question, but you honestly have no idea how hard it was for the man to find that money in the first place,
The man was not looking for the money at least not yet. And I sincerely believe that Op was disappointed at the 20,000 naira gift...... He can deny it all he wants.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by maasoap(m): 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

Actually what surprises me is the fact that you would even consider keeping the money in the first place . . .

Going to the extent of calling the owners meant you were expecting something in return and that is wrong . . . You should have just reported to the bank and let them sort their problem out!

Na wah . . .
While you might be right about what you said but only God knows what you might have done if you were in his shoes. This is to tell you that nobody is perfect including you and me.
Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by IYANGBALI: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Stingy family,not even up to 10% of the total money,mtcheeeeew

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by femmy82(m): 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
360command: Good of you, its better to remain poor than been a fugitive @ large. You have inspired us all. To those banks who advised you to withdraw the money, it just shows that bankers they suffer for 9ja. Their eye don red.
something similar happened 2month ago here I'm NJ..an homeless man found huge amounth + some money order turn it to da police..the owner thank him very well without a dimme..da press heard about it nd broadcasted it in da news my bro nd sis b4 da end of da day da homeless guy gat over $500000 still counting till today..its kool to be good.

1 Like

Re: The Owner Of N800,000 Collected His Money & Rewarded Me With N20,000 by eagleeye2: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
chris51:
This 20k gift will give you more peace of mind than even N8m.

If na joke stop am ohh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Agrees To Be Jailed Instead Of Marrying His Ex / Ice Block Making Business / Ghana Plans To Export Electricity To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.