Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna (2392 Views)

Nigerian Woman Arrested In US For Striping Unclad In Front Of Police (Photos) / University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by bilymuse: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2008
[size=15pt]MASSOB vows to avenge Igboman’s killing in Kaduna [/size]

The leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, Chief Ralph Uwazurike, has said that his organisation will resort to self-help if government fails to expose the killers of an Igboman in Kaduna on Wednesday.

Uwazurike told reporters in Awka, the Anambra State capital, on Friday, that MASSOB would not close its “eyes when Igbos are killed like sheep and chicken,”while affirming a sit-at-home order for Igbos on August 26. The MASSOB leader was in Awka on a courtesy visit to the vice-presidential candidate of the Action Congress in the 2007 elections, Senator Ben Obi, whom he described as one of the boldest and greatest Igbos living. He said the Igboman killed in Kaduna was dragged out of a police station where he was being detained and beaten to death.

He recalled a similar killing of an Igbo trader, Gideon Akaluka, some 15 years ago in Kano, which resulted in mayhem in the commercial city. Akaluka was fished from the prison by his assailants and decapitated by a mob.

Uwazurike said, “If the deceased had run foul of the law, why couldn’t they let the law take its course? Nobody has the monopoly of violence. If government does not do anything about it, we can show that no one has the monopoly of violence.” Uwazurike decried the continued marginalisation of the Igbo in the polity and wondered why no Igboman had been appointed the Chief Justice of Nigeria since the civil war ended nearly 40 years ago.

source:http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200807122575520

this is not the first time, some years back in Kano an Ibo man was drag out of the prison and beheaded; the head dripping with blood was paraded round the city by those terrorists who called themselve muslims
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2008
These Northerners will not stop with their jungle justice attitude. An end to this rubbish will soon arrive angry angry
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by redsun(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2008
Nigeria is not a country.

1 Like

Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2008
May be a jungle undecided
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by redsun(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2008
Worst than a jungle,in the jungles you have rules.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by ow11(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2008
Igbo traders should move out of the north for their own safety since this useless, fraudulent government will not protect its citizens from thuggery.

Instead of those blood thirsty goons to attack their leaders, they are killing honest men who have come to sell goods in their town. I agree with Uwazuruike on this point!!!! angry
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2008
ow11:

Igbo traders should move out of the north for their own safety since this useless, fraudulent government will not protect its citizens from thuggery.

Instead of those blood thirsty goons to attack their leaders, they are killing honest men who have come to sell goods in their town. I agree with Uwazuruike on this point!!!! angry

That is no solution. Why should a certain part of the country be a no go area for igbos?
Why then is the north not rejecting revenue derived from the igbos and Niger Delta?
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by naijaking1: 4:36am On Jul 13, 2008
ow11:

Don't forget to ask Hausa traders to move out of Enugu, Onitsha, Aba, PH, Calabar where we have mostly christian population too?
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by udezue(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2008
Igbos really need to start investing heavily no matter what in our region, Asaba, Delta, Enugu, Anambara, Ebonyi, Imo, Rivers, Egbanke areas of Edo, Abia, Akwaibom, Cross Rivers, etc and let these desert rats to rot in their barbarity for God's sake.

I think the fairest thing to do is to make our land equally unlivable for them so they will understand well well that no one  has a monopoly on violence. Enough of all this nonsense. Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression and the Northern Hausa/Fulani people have proven that time to time. Reason why the fools in the so-called South haven't come to terms with this is what really baffles me.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by MCUsman(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2008
udezue:

Igbos really need to start investing heavily no matter what in our region, Asaba, Delta, Enugu, Anambara, Ebonyi, Imo, Rivers, Egbanke areas of Edo, Abia, Akwaibom, Cross Rivers, etc and let these desert rats to rot in their barbarity for God's sake.

I think the fairest thing to do is to make our land equally unlivable for them so they will understand well well that no one has a monopoly on violence. Enough of all this nonsense. Nigeria is nothing but a mere geographical expression and the Northern Hausa/Fulani people have proven that time to time. Reason why the fools in the so-called haven't come to terms with this is what really baffles me.
[/quote]

davidylan:

Why then is the north not rejecting revenue derived from the igbos and Niger Delta?

Igboman with money

[quote author=ow11 link=topic=150659.msg2498350#msg2498350 date=1215898292]

To where Niger Delta To be kidnapped. Hell no. The same fraudulent government have not protect its citizens from thuggery acts of robbery daily perpetuated by the same Igbo armed robbers, fake drug inporters and other acts .

bilymuse:

[size=15pt]MASSOB vows to avenge Igboman’s killing in Kaduna [/size]
How many Hausa people have been killed and robbed on daily basis in Onisha. Just bcoz one Igbo Man was killed in Kaduna MASSOB can go to hell.

bilymuse:

by those terrorists who called themselve muslims

A good muslim is anybody that respect the dignity of life.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by udezue(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2008
To Usman Dan Fodio,
You have a right to air your views or even support your murderous people aka Hausa/Fulani Northerners but to come here and spread your stupid lies is unacceptable.
Please tell us where u got the story about Hausa people getting killed everyday in Onicha by MASSOB members. If you want to say something please come with facts not with your lies to justify the killing of an innocent man by your murder-happy people. Please go tell your barbaric people that its 2008 not 1408. Enough of your Hausa/Fulani madness.

The reckless killing of Igbos has from what I see become a ritual or sports in the North. You have gotten so used to it that its simply normal. Why the hell should Igbos, Ibibio, Efiks or any non-muslim complain? I blame the Igbos and Southerners who still go back to such places when u animals have proven time to time that you are wild and untamed. You attack with out thinking. It is stories like this that makes non-Africans think we are still uncivilized when its the fault of uneducated murderous criminally minded people like your people that messing up our image.

Leave the Niger-deltans out of this. In as much as I think that their current so called freedom fighters in the creeks are nothing but a bunch of hooligans I'll rather stay with them than deal with your people who possess very out-of -control untamed animal instinct and can't do nada but slaughter fellow human-beings at the slightest provocation.

Get da hell out of here and educate your hopeless people.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by bilymuse: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2008
Mc Usman
How many Hausa people have been killed and robbed on daily basis in Onisha. Just because one Igbo Man was killed in Kaduna MASSOB can go to hell.
Every single life matters. l believe you are one of those people whom Waziri said require a psychiatric treatment.

A good muslim is anybody that respect the dignity of life.
Just like they are being used for suicide bombing or like the almajiris  whose parent have abandoned them (child abuse) to the street to fend for themselves.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by lucabrasi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2008
lets be careful not to make blind and blanket assumptions without knowing the underlying facts,looking at past crisis or mini crisi of these nature,they have always been encouraged or sponsored by politicians and individuals looking to gain from the instability,its not an issue of hausa versus ibo,its an issue of bad and criminal fifth columnists versus hausas and ibos and yorubas,remember kaduna i think has the highest number of christians in the north fi i am not mistaken,let us not turn this to another tribalist ranting and raving and face the issues
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by bilymuse: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2008
this is not the first time, some years back in Kano an Ibo man was drag out of the prison and beheaded; the head dripping with blood was paraded round the city by those terrorists who called themselve muslims

do we need to say more, its a pattern.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by CARUSO(m): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2008
nah that is too bad, no need for that at all!

we need to stop taking law into our own hands

another life just wasted

may his soul rest in peace!!
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by MCUsman(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2008
udezue:

To Usman Dan Fodio,
Please tell us where u got the story about Hausa people getting killed everyday in Onicha by MASSOB members. If you want to say something please come with facts not with your lies to justify the killing of an innocent man by your murder-happy people.
I believe it is the Igbo’s that are murderous. One single Igbo was killed in Kaduna, can you estimate the numbers of people that are killed daily by fake drugs imported by your so call Igbo’s traders.
udezue:

To Usman Dan Fodio,
You have a right to air your views or even support your murderous people aka Hausa/Fulani Northerners but to come here and spread your stupid lies is unacceptable.
Yes i have the right bcoz i was a victim of arbitrariness of MOSSOB militancy power.

My brother was killed by MASSOB militants in Onisha his body was never found, simple reason he was thrown into the river. My hobby a promising young Police officer was essentially dragged out from his duty post by the same MOSSOB conscripted and brutally killed.

udezue:

To Usman Dan Fodio,
the killing of an innocent man by your murder-happy people.
The reckless killing of Igbos has from what I see become a ritual or sports in the North.
For what offence was he detained by the Police. I think this kind of mob action occurs in every part of the country and it is reserved for only the most heinous crimes. In as much as i certainly do not think and justifies such an approach. The question still remains what the Igbo man committed to warrant his arrest & death.
udezue:

It is stories like this that makes non-Africans think we are still uncivilized when its the fault of uneducated murderous criminally minded people like your people that messing up our image.

Image. What do you know about image . Well, obviously, having lived overseas and having lived in many part of Africa i have come terms with international humiliation that i have been subjected to as a result aggravated identity theft and fraud and a list of endless missteps routinely been perpetuated by Igbo’s.

udezue:

the Niger-deltans In as much as I think that their current so called freedom fighters in the creeks are nothing but a bunch of hooligans I'll rather stay with them than deal with your people who possess very out-of -control untamed animal instinct
There is little difference between your MOSSOB and Niger Delta Militancy, in fact I foresee a gradual progression towards kidnapping and bombing by MOSSOB.
Have a good honey = kidnapping = mood. I bet your ransom would not exceed N5000:00 which is equivalent to 2,700LD (Liberian Dollars)
udezue:

Get da hell out of here and educate your hopeless people.
Your people needs more of that education
That let them not seek to satisfy our thirst for affluence by drinking from the cup of greediness and materialism.
CARUSO:

nah that is too bad, no need for that at all!
we need to stop taking law into our own hands
Good talk. we should merge principle and practice and while In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. We must continue to seek our goals, guided by the high virtues of dignity and discipline and respect for human life.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by Afam(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2008
MC Usman:

My brother was killed by MASSOB militants in Onisha his body was never found, simple reason he was thrown into the river. My hobby a promising young Police officer was essentially dragged out from his duty post by the same MOSSOB conscripted and brutally killed.

It seems you have an issue with the Igbos.

What did your brother do? Not that I am insensitive but when you dismiss the killing of someone that was dragged out of the police station then it makes perfect sense to ask you what exactly your brother did to warrant his being killed.

No one can create life so why would any rejoice when a life is taken just like that?
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2008
MC Usman, Will you just stop this crap you're typing on this forum. Why must you find a way of justifying what those idiots did and, you have the guts to come here and define who a GOOD MUSLIM is. angry angry
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2008
I still don't know why all the events (especially bad ones) in the North have to be related to the Muslims. These are HAUSAS and they have among them Christians and Muslims. The truth is that they rejoice in killing anybody not from their tribe. angry
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by naijaway(m): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2008
Igbos should not leave the north or anywhere else because of fear tactics and viceversa. For as long as the north is still part of the Nigeria, igbos should invest where they see fit(opportunities). And there should never be a time when hausas will say they want out of Nigeria without a war; they(hausas/fulanis) can always migrate to Niger and other places, but the land will always be for Nigerians of all tribes including the east beginning from delta state.
And the police needs to really start having strategic moves in solving crimes and apprehending culprits nationwide; instead of being the most strategizers of collecting bribes.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by Queenisha: 1:06am On Jul 15, 2008
MC Usman:

I believe it is the Igbo’s that are murderous. One single Igbo was killed in Kaduna, can you estimate the numbers of people that are killed daily by fake drugs imported by your so call Igbo’s traders.[/b]Yes i have the right because i was a victim of arbitrariness of MOSSOB militancy power.

[b]My brother was killed by MASSOB militants in Onisha his body was never found, simple reason he was thrown into the river. My hobby a promising young Police officer was essentially dragged out from his duty post by the same MOSSOB conscripted and brutally killed.

For what offence was he detained by the Police. I think this kind of mob action occurs in every part of the country and it is reserved for only the most heinous crimes. In as much as i certainly do not think and justifies such an approach. The question still remains what the Igbo man committed to warrant his arrest & death.
Image. What do you know about image . Well, obviously, having lived overseas and having lived in many part of Africa i have come terms with international humiliation that i have been subjected to as a result aggravated identity theft and fraud and a list of endless missteps routinely been perpetuated by Igbo’s.

But isn't your brother just one single  man that was killed in Onitsha?
what does it matter when we have a population of about 100 million men ?
I wonder why he was singled out and killed ?
What on earth was his offence,this non Igbo man?

Do you see how stupid and inhuman those sentences sound
Use your brains and not your anus while thinking.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by Ijiji1(m): 1:33am On Jul 15, 2008
Like I've always believe, it's just a matter of time before these nonsense from the north is over and done with wait and see. In the next 20 or so years when all our elders who experienced the hardships of the civil war are no mare around the stop the Igbo youth from fighting back then we'll see if those animals from the north will still be able to continue with their senseless killings.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by gabelogan(m): 2:02am On Jul 15, 2008
its very obvious (i.e the killing of the igbo man), notherners congenitally and pathologically HATE people that are not notherners and notherners are very prone to violence.

the notherners have a history of assaulting, maiming and killing people that are not of nothern origin (especially the igbos) because they feel intimidated by the fact that these people are successful and more learnered/smarter than the average notherner so they tend to express their hatered/jealousy physically through violence.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by maxell(f): 2:10am On Jul 15, 2008
gabe_logan:

its very obvious (i.e the killing of the igbo man), notherners congenitally and pathologically HATE people that are not notherners and notherners are very prone to violence.

the notherners have a history of assaulting, maiming and killing people that are not of nothern origin (especially the igbos) because they feel intimidated by the fact that these people are successful and more learnered/smarter than the average notherner so they tend to express their hatered/jealousy physically through violence.

fair assessment.

@ Mc Usman, you should have completely rejected the manner in which the Igboman was treated. It is a shame for you to justify or make
excuses for such treatment. We should have some respect for human lives.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2008
maxell:

fair assessment.

@ Mc Usman, you should have completely rejected the manner in which the Igboman was treated. It is a shame for you to justify or make
excuses for such treatment. We should have some respect for human lives.
Only the kind-hearted will see the action of the Mob as shameful, but for someone of their calibre and possibly from their tribe, they are very right. The truth is that MC Usman and others like him shouldn't be part of Nigeria. I don't know what was going on in the mind of those that engineered this CALAMITY lipsrsealed called Nigeria. The Northerners have been responsible for more of our worries than any tribe, what a pity?
This will definitely end, soon angry
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by wiseguy(m): 10:10am On Jul 15, 2008
For Goodness sake, Life is Life. Be it that of an Igbo, Hausa or Yourba or any other for that matter. For someone to try to justify the death of somebody in this manner is despicable to say the least. It is opinions like this that makes me think that majority of Nigerians are either inhuman or insane.

Someone that was held in a police custody to be dragged out and killed by a mob? Just because he is from another tribe? Such an action can only emanate from the pit of hell.

Let me ask Mr. Usman a question: If that Igbo man that was killed is his own brother, will he have justified that action? or if he is a northerner, will such have happened?

We Nigerians tend to leave the common problems confronting us to attack ourselves. In the midst of abject poverty, darkness and colossal breakdown of infrastructure, we still have time to hate in this manner. Our political leaders are there stealing blindly and we have not raised a protest against them. Are we the only country that have several ethnic nationalities? Even in America, you have different people and different habits but Americans know when to be Americans.
Shame on Nigeria! Shame on this generation that has chosen to toe the bad footsteps of their fathers!

What I expected to hear in this forum is how to make sure that things like this does not happen in this century and not for some pple to justify the action. I expect to see in Nairaland solutions from our generation on how to solve Nigeria's problems. Problems of Poverty, security, power etc.

In the light of the above statement, the police should step up and perform is constitutional role of protecting the lives and property of every Nigerian citizen no matter where he or she resides. No matter his or her ethnic coloration. The government should take a look at the police and policing in general with a view to restructuring if necessary. I think this latter assertion is long overdue. It is common knowledge (and everyone agree) that the police is not performing. At least we know that since 1999. Now after eight years of democracy, there is no improvement or like a friend will say, the police improved negatively.

Finally, this matter should be investigated by the police authorities to ascertain the hows and remote causes that led to this man being abducted from the police station. where they some police collaborators? People are supposed to be secure in a police station.
Let us have some suggestions on the police and policing in general. that is where I think our problem lies.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by MCUsman(m): 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ wiseguy
@ abdurrazaq
@ maxell
@ gabe_logan
@ Ijiji1
@ Queenisha

MC Usman:

I think this kind of mob action occurs in every part of the country and it is reserved for only the most heinous crimes. [b]In as much as i certainly do not think and justifies such an approach. [color=#990000][/color]
[/b]

MC Usman:

That let them not seek to satisfy our thirst for affluence by drinking from the cup of greediness and materialism.Good talk. we should merge principle and practice and while In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. We must continue to seek our goals, guided by the high virtues of dignity and discipline and respect for human life.

What is wrong with these statement that warrant such loads of garbaje from you guys.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by abdurrazaq(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2008
MC Usman:

I believe it is the Igbo’s that are murderous. One single Igbo was killed in Kaduna, can you estimate the numbers of people that are killed daily by fake drugs imported by your so call Igbo’s traders.Yes i have the right because i was a victim of arbitrariness of MOSSOB militancy power.

[b]My brother was killed by MASSOB militants in Onisha his body was never found, simple reason he was thrown into the river. My hobby a promising young Police officer was essentially dragged out from his duty post by the same MOSSOB conscripted and brutally killed.[/b]For what offence was he detained by the Police. I think this kind of mob action occurs in every part of the country and it is reserved for only the most heinous crimes. In as much as i certainly do not think and justifies such an approach. The question still remains what the Igbo man committed to warrant his arrest & death.
There is little difference between your MOSSOB and Niger Delta Militancy, in fact I foresee a gradual progression towards kidnapping and bombing by MOSSOB.
Have a good honey = kidnapping = mood. I bet your ransom would not exceed N5000:00 which is equivalent to 2,700LD (Liberian Dollars)Your people needs more of that education
That let them not seek to satisfy our thirst for affluence by drinking from the cup of greediness and materialism.Good talk. we should merge principle and practice and while In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. We must continue to seek our goals, guided by the high virtues of dignity and discipline and respect for human life.

The bolded in your earlier post suggests to me that you totally support the mob in the North
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by MCUsman(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2008
I was only pointing out my own sorrow.
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by DRANOEL(m): 7:14pm On Jul 15, 2008
@post

you guys like making a big issue out of nothing,a lot of hausas and other tribes get dragged out of the various police stations illegally across the country, its sad that when its an ibo man you guys bring in political intonations, an igala man was killed in ekiti,a tiv man killed in kano,a yoruba man kiled in abia,an ijaw man mained in taraba,a jukun man robbed in rivers, so what?
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by MCUsman(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2008
@DRANOEL

That was just what i was kicking at, and those folks over there are about to nail me
Re: Igboman Drag Out Of Police Station And Beaten To Death In Kaduna by Afam(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2008
MC Usman:

@DRANOEL

That was just what i was kicking at, and those folks over there are about to nail me

Which is easier to do? To retract your highly insensitive comments or to continue to beat around the bush even when your wicked comments have been brought to the fore?

Why bother us with the killing of your brother when it is ok to drag and kill an Igbo man from a police station?

(1) (2) (Reply)

IGBOS Drug Dealers Unknown In Foreign Jails. / (graphic pics)see What A Ritualist Did To This Boy In Rivers State Today / Can I Receive Transfer Alert Of 5M With My Savings Account. Help A Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.