Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé (19217 Views)

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? / Governor Rochas Roasting Corn By The Roadside (Picture) / Wrapping Of Prepared Food With Newspapper By Local Food Vendors, How Hygienic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
annexes: u can try the thick dark bole, its quiet delicious

embarassed take my 'banana' till you go yo.. grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by AjaraEwuro: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
how many restaurants cook hygienic foods or cook under hygienic conditions? You are asking of roadside boli? come on.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by ikechukz(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nairaland people can form.If una no dey chop bole,then I wonder who come dey buy everything.Una don ever enter any fast food joint kitchen before?
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by raqueal(f): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
aaidel:

isn't bole a southern food what has the average northerner got to do with it

So plantain should not be roasted in the North because it is a southern food? undecided undecided
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Sike(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hygienic my foot! I swear you're missing a lot of things if you're not eating those Boles.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by chykmoni(m): 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
@op, your write up isn't good enough for a guy like you. There is nothing like Bacterials, we have bacterium(singular) or Bacteria(plural). And other silly mistakes.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Polio: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
WackyJ1:
Why are you being sarcastic? Did my post not strike you as a serious question?
You must have read the 'Roadside' in the topic heading.. Mtcheww

Males that hiss ...... SMH! #OutOfOrder
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by CocoLoca(f): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Really, whats the worst that could happen? I think Jesus protects Africans from small small hygiene risks like this! grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Godswillu(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
If you know you like eating Roadside Plantain: Bole click on the like button
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Shankboye(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
BOLE r BOLI... Haha una matter tire me oo as if no b naija all of una go skool... Mtchew
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Evestar200(f): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
kofsy: It's "boli" not "bole".
in Delta we call it ''Bole'' nt ''Boli''

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by lekkie073(m): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
the only bole I know is the bole international airport in Addis Ababa .... angry
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by MacLovington(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Except there is an epidemic or the eater is seriously immuno-compromised, the bacterial or viral load from touching/eating boli is very unlikely to cause any harm.

You see, the bacteria that she would transfer to the food is already probably part of your own commensal flora, i.e harmless microbes in your mouth, nose, gut, skin etc. Staph aureus comes to mind.

However, it can be contagious if faecal-oral pathogens come in. Someone suffering from bacterial/viral enteritis or dysentery uses the toilet and doesn't wash hands with soap properly, dirty water etc, it can enter your food. E.coli and salmonella, cholera, typhoid are prime examples.

@OP, I hope you don't have OCD. Lol.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by trolling(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
You guys just gave me what to bake this afternoon or evening, I'm not forgetting Palm oil and groundnut
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by deols(f): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
We call it booli.

Until the ministry of health cares enough to register boli sellers and teach them how to be hygienic about it, some of us will continue to eat it like that!

The heat will kill them back u teria
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by wonlasewonimi: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
I think risky burger is more dangerous. i.e bread and fried egg by mallams
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by MacLovington(m): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
x
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by trolling(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
kevoh: Go ahead and eat the 'Bole', nothing wrong.Do you know that you need minute dose of bacteria sometimes to boost your immune system? It's the same way a vaccine works.
Not every time every thing has to be 100% clean. You need your immune system to be able to record these so called bacteria as bad, when in minute dose, so that you can have a strong defence when there's a major attack of the same bacteria to your body. It's like the american CIA gathering Intel to use for future purpose.
Oya medical personnels, make una help me out here.
Didn't know we still have some knowledgeable people on Nairaland, kudos
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Evestar200(f): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
@OP You are missing a big time,,cuz Bole is my favourite food,,,Bole+Oil Beans+Roasted Oil Fish=DELICIOUSNALISM,,,lol,,dey there dy think hygiene
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by mayor007(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
OP prolly keeps up with "1000 Ways To Die"; enough to induce this kinda paranoia.
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by sucess001(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Its really not hygienic...

Let me go get mine right now!
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Dannylux: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Na God dey save us cheesy
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by dannytwix(m): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
All ye Bole haters.. Na ona sabi ooo
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by eluquenson(m): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Very nice & sumptuous grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Freiburger(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ask Timaya, he should be in a better position to answer the question. grin

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by jayte054: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Op I tink u shuld take a break from urself and step out of ur comfort zone and try it out cos d same way it's being handled is d same way roasted corn is and be tru wif urself if it had any serz hygienic problems it wuld hv bin highlighted a long time ago........dn't u tink
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by SilvanusII(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Well, my aunt had her own concerns about the roadside roast plantain as well and decided to do something about it. She would peel the plantain, make 4 cuts along the length of the plantain and stick it in her micro-wave oven. She'd allow it 2 roast 4 7mins and VOILA!!! She has her boli. Which, I must confess, is almost as good as the roadside's.
But forget, na dat 'idoti' dey make am sweet well well.

1 Like

Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by SilvanusII(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
chykmoni: @op, your write up isn't good enough for a guy like you. There is nothing like Bacterials, we have bacterium(singular) or Bacteria(plural). And other silly mistakes.

Yes sir. So, is the boli safe to eat?
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by BarryX(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2013
Like seriously..
Una too do joor

Hygiene ko hyginius ni .....

The bacteria that could be resident in Boli should be essential bacteria.

The kind of bacteria that helps in fixing Nitrogen in leguminous plants like Rhizobium Leguminosarum" and it helps in stimulating that censored sweetness" that your freaking microwave can't give and when garnished with dried peanuts with flaky shells that is squeezed and blown with the hands ...

Damn that's cloud nine ecstasy feeling right there grin grin grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by Reference(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2013
So what do you eat, manna from heaven a.k.a angels food cos I thought all your co-workers will be dead from cholera. Didn't know they are alive to poison you. undecided
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by proclivity: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
OP! try the bole in portharcourt......dline area to be exact.....trust me d combination of fish and roasted plantains with sauce will send sensational signals to ur taste buds. u will 4get about bacteria nd germs grin
Re: How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé by smyle24(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bole(roasted plantain, yam n fish) is Port Harcourt food, and it's served hot wt a pepper source. We dnt eat it wt groundnut here in south. Talk abt d hygiene nature. It depends on seller, whr I usually go 4 mine, she doesn't handle wt her bare hands coz she receive money wt her hand n secondly it so hot to handle wen it's ready. Pls stop criticizing Bole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food / How To Make Nigerian Meatpie: Full Steps, Methods And Ingredient Required / Foods We Did Not Like As Kids But Now Like As Adults?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.