Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness (33306 Views)

Yemi Alade Rants On Instagram After BET Snub / Olusesi Rants On Twitter / Beef In The Nigerian Music Scene-foolishness Or Bravery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by vicoloni(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Eminado, Eminado!
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by IAMBREEZY: 1:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
U must be a very silly niggah for quoting the post and saying Bs
russianmob27:

I am the that crazy nigga

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by lymelyte(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
All u guys ranting n writing all type of sh1t shld get urselves examined. Una nor go sch? How can u say dis epistle is long? This comes to show how lazy nigerians are in reading and assimilating...

2 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Lovetinz(m): 1:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
congo4ka: Ohhhh boy this story to long abeg (
kambili999: all dis long tory na for who Anywaiz... Jst passing by sha
Booty butt chic: And who do u tink Will read all Dat....Op must be hIgh grin grin grin

The story is too long, so you cant read it abi?
Don't worry.
A Magistrate will one day translate an agreement you signed without reading to you!

5 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by lawsbanks: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ur own wahala sef too much!!!! Writer
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Danhumprey: 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
True talk!!! Let's tell ourselves the plain truth! Our music industry is really sick! angry

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Elgaxton(m): 1:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Summary of this whole bruhaha:
Don't mix sentiment with business, Don Jazzy must have thought that Wande Coal won't have dreamt of stealing his music.
Nevertheless, we have only heard of Don Jazzy's version as it relates to this matter.

Nigerians learn how to keep a blessing as what it is; a blessing.

We must not allow the monetary aspect of talents or blessings turn into a curse ranging from crude oil, music, movies etc.

Never undermine paper work in all your dealings with people especially your close friends or family.

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Elgaxton(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lovetinz:

The story is too long, so you cant read it abi?
Don't worry.
A Magistrate will one day translate an agreement you signed without reading to you!

I believe this is one of the reasons why Nigerians ignore writing or written agreements. ITS TOO LONG EXCUSE.

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
I really hate it when an issue which ought to be resolved with maturity and privacy is exposed through social media. Whoever created twitter must be very angry with some nigerians for bastardizing his sweat. Don Jazzy abeg grow up!

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by slimthugchimee(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
K
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by maryhaam(f): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
russianmob27:

Yea I know you are the choosing one

2 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by livingstoneony(m): 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
this ish is too long Abeg. 'dafuq?!
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by MeBoo: 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
Only God knws wen Don jazzy will grow up..
Always acting like a kid
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wow! Serious Matter...Anyway @OP U really try Oo. Kudos!

But Just for next Time sake,Go And Learn how Words are been Shorten. That's why Summary is been Taught in School.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Dannylux: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
from what you say shall be used against you in the court of law, nowadays, It's now what you say shall be used against you over the internet.

Great improvement.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
otipoju: Don Jazzy messed up bigtime with that his rant on twitter. He gave the impression that he was transferring his frustration from his fallout with Dbanj to an innocent Wande that he believes he could handle.

He disobeyed several laws of power that ended up demystifying him as the Don he claims to be. Really disgusting that he did not call Wande one on one first and deal with him man to man.

1. Don wey dey sweat to make music... meaning he is not special and anyone can replicate what he has done.

2. Don wey no fit protect him territory.... so porous anybody can steal from him

3. Don wey him boys no dey fear... a real Don inspires fear in his. subordinates

4. Don wey dey cry instead of to take action... a real Don keeps his emotions in check especially publicly.

5. Don wey dey spell ''intellectual'' as ''interlectual"... am sure he was blinded with tears as he typed those words.

Did you ever see Abramovich rant on twitter before sacking Ranieri,Scolari,Ancelloti, Di matteo,or even Mourinho the special one.
Now that is a real Don.

But Wande u sef give am credit ,you know that he has missed you saying "Don Baba" when u sing and Dbanj saying "its Don Jazzy again"
just 2 likes for all this your analysis.
you can do better bro.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by lirusehn(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
yunfazz: As written by Ms. Uduak Oduok who is an Entertainment Attorney

I began writing, yesterday, about the recent potential legal drama between Don Jazzy and Wande Coal to discuss the alleged claim of Intellectual Property theft and legal issues present, which I will still do, albeit on a different post. However, while writing, I just got tired, like really tired of the state of the industry and the foolishness being served of late.

Eyin Nigerian artists eti su mi, really (you Nigerian artists make me weary, really). Sheesh. Y’all can be off the hook, many times. You’ve got a grown man and so called boss for that matter such as Don Jazzy displaying foolish behavior of the highest order on twitter; and crying about a problem he created in the first place.

What are we supposed to do Don Jazzy? You are the business man, you also should have some scars to show from the epic Mo’Hits fallout/ dissolution that you “get it.” Didn’t you at least learn something from that? What’s good? I really tiyah, for real.

ON A DAY THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ABOUT TIWA SAVAGE’S RELEASE OF HER SONG ‘EMINADO’(Goodluck charm) featuring Don Jazzy, Don Jazzy totally pooped on that parade and brought the bad luck charm by undermining Tiwa Savage’s shine with his silly cries on twitter about an alleged theft by his former artist.

Are Wande Coal and Don Jazzy mates? What rubbish?! Why is Don Jazzy, the egbon (older one and adult) and most importantly the boss getting on twitter and stooping down to this kind of level as a business owner and leader in the industry? It is embarrassing and unacceptable. It also is ridiculous because from the facts, HE CREATED THE PROBLEM.

How can you not have your split sheets in place as a producer? I don’t care if the artist is your mother, father, sister, brother, girlfriend, wife, gay partner or what have you. You get that in place!

How, at this point in your career, do you get into a studio with your artist and not delineate the lines on who owns what? If you made music under Mavin Records, the music belongs to Mavin, if you signed the proper legal documents evidencing this basic arrangement. You’ve got the sound recording belonging to Mavin. The lyrics and composition also probably belong to Mavin, at least a large portion, given the kinds of agreement I see artists sign with labels in Nigeria with certain aspects in music publishing that differs from us here in the States, so why are we even here?

You clearly did not do this because Wande Coal can produce the original demo song of which he co-authored with you; with no delineation of those rights spelt out. Are we suppose to cry or be sad for you? Why?

As Wande Coal correctly indicated in his tweet, Jazzy has Coal’s phone number and contacts and could have easily contacted him to resolve the dispute, privately. He did not do so. Instead, he chose to follow an impulsive, selfish and egotistical act on twitter that instantly shifted the attention from the release of Tiwa Savage’s beautiful ‘Eminado’ video, all in less than twenty four hours, to a showing to the world that Nigeria’s music industry and its leaders have no focus, no direction and is a big joke.

When was the last time you saw any of the label heads in the USA, including Jimmy Lovine, Diddy and even Kanye West get on twitter to fight artists who allegedly steal their work?

Okay. Hold up. Wait a minute. Don Jazzy, if you are invoking the law and claiming infringement of your “intellectual property” what exactly are we doing on twitter? That’s all legal speak which means lawyers get involved to either help work things out and get you compensated on some licensing deal, for the sampling or explicit copying of your work, or we get into the courtroom. What are we doing on twitter?

I am truthfully exhausted with the frequency/rate of foolishness coming out of the industry from leaders and industry professionals at large. It is alarming and you should be worried about the state of this music ecosystem, if you care both about your country and music, in general. This is unacceptable.

Don Jazzy owns Mavin Records. Tiwa co-owns 323 with T-Billz. Shouldn’t Don Jazzy at this point in his career know that he undermines the marketing and selling of Tiwa Savage’s song with this foolishness? What’s the brand partnership agreement they signed? Anyone have a copy because there should be a clause preventing this kind of behavior. Yes, I am really tired with the foolishness.

Our industry is just looking a big mess and very stupid to me right about now. We look foolish both locally and internationally. We act stupid with our business ventures, we are very reactionary on social media, we let egos get in the way, from the likes of Jason Njoku to his ex-CEO Michael Ugwu. Y’all didn’t think that I thought Ugwu came with clean hands did you? He was one of the first shouting on AML, right here,
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by drnairalov: 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
russianmob27:

and u had 2 quote everything..u piece of trash
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by lirusehn(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
abiodunbest: Wow! Serious Matter...Anyway @OP U really try Oo. Kudos!

But Just for next Time sake,Go And Learn how Words are been Shorten. That's why Summary is been Taught in School.
try and learn simple and correct English.

2 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by ballabriggs: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Foolish post, why did I open this rubbish.

If you call a man voicing out over the theft of his intellectual property foolish, then you really need to get your brain checked. The id0t called Wande had Don Jazzy's number, he did not deem it fit to contact Jazzy before releasing the song. Not even a line on the song to give credit to Don Jazzy and you expect the man to keep quiet about it.

Did you respect him when you stole his work? OP you need to grow up. You probably have never sweated in your life to get a job done. How then can you know how it feels to have your work stolen.

8 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
how would facebook, twitter and other social network remain relevant if celebrities dont go out there to rant and make controversial statements? and how would they the artistes remain in the limelight without the controversies? in Hollywood, rap artistes do drug deals and go to jail just to make news. in the celebrity world, controversy, beef and hits are the only way to stay relevant.

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Akshow: 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
This writer is highly mouthed abeg. See waaaassshing! I no fit shout. But d article make sense sha. Don jazzy fvck up.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by creativemusic: 2:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Sike(m): 2:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Too long to read it all. BrB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? / Sinach - 'Way Maker' Hits 100 Million Views On YouTube / Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.