Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness (33305 Views)

Yemi Alade Rants On Instagram After BET Snub / Olusesi Rants On Twitter / Beef In The Nigerian Music Scene-foolishness Or Bravery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by laplace19(m): 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Like seriously,I am regretting why I wasted some minutes reading that long monotonous topic........

Don't even ask me why....
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
baby-boy:
Even at the height of the Bad Boy Entertainment and Deathrow, we didnt hear the voice of P Diddy, Dr Dre or Suge Knight the 2 that was making noise are 2Pac and BIG may be snoop dog.

Don Jazzy should have known better
imagine what you are saying bro. how do you expect p.diddy (BIg's boy), suge Knight (pac's aide and assistant) or even dr dre who was still trying to build a career to speak out when the likes of pac and christopher wallace voicing. its just like saying when psquare and dbanj are beefing, mayD and Kswitch should come out and voiceout....

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by cocobabe(f): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
russianmob27:

I am the that crazy nigga

maryhaam:
Yea I know you are the choosing one

shocked
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Mynd44: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
dirtymoney:
imagine what you are saying bro. how do you expect p.diddy (BIg's boy), suge Knight (pac's aide and assistant) or even dr dre who was still trying to build a career to speak out when the likes of pac and christopher wallace voicing. its just like saying when psquare and dbanj are beefing, mayD and Kswitch should come out and voiceout....
This is the most ignorant post on this thread.

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Turbocharged: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
You all are blaming Don Jazzy now because it did not happen to you. Though I love Wande so much but what he did was a TOTAL betrayal of trust. Even if he coauthored the song wt Don, he should hv informed him b4 releasing d song.
Like what the op said about Piddy and Kanye, those guy would definitely not go to twitter, they wl go for AK.
Lastly, I really feel for those guys (Don, Dbanj & Wande). And im convinced some1 out there is blowing this amber of hatred among them. But if they are using there heads well, they should start mending their fences and come together again (2geda they were the best). I so much believe that their destinies are tied to each other musically.
#I REST MY CASE#

2 Likes

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by hammedkola(m): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Okay. Hold up. Wait a minute. Don Jazzy, if you are invoking the law and claiming infringement of your
“intellectual property” what exactly are we doing on
twitter?
That’s all legal speak which means lawyers get involved to either help work things out and get you
compensated on some licensing deal, for the sampling
or explicit copying of your work, or we get into the
courtroom. What are we doing on twitter?

Well, to me, this is just a public stunt
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by kaze4blues(m): 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
Don jazzy messed up with his rants on twitter.

But he's also human......and humans are not perfect.

Dude is prolly frustrated cos his mavin crew is now going down.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by iamdsam: 3:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Like seriously, this lady really hit the mail on the head. For some time now, I don't seem to understand the crave for opening record labels by our artists. It seems most of our artists are more focused in launching record labels for their own selfish interests and gains than bringing good music which is expected of them.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
Mynd_44:
This is the most ignorant post on this thread.

your point being?
you should have given your reasons and not call me ignorant just to keep mute. sha. i know your type... all you can do after ranting is to keep MUTE!
but next time, if you diasgree with what someone posts on a public and facless forum, you give your points just as i did and stop name calling. peace bro.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by akpumping7720(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
@op. Not hotstop but hopstop. Chinedu created hopstop and not hotstop
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by oluakadinma: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
Who ever wrote this is a big crown! Onye ara way her people think say she be lawyer but music is on her mind! Mayb lookiNg for Don jazy contact! These oil brain pipo never sabotage you before!

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Mynd44: 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
dirtymoney:
your point being?
you should have given your reasons and not call me ignorant just to keep mute. sha. i know your type... all you can do after ranting is to keep MUTE!
but next time, if you diasgree with what someone posts on a public and facless forum, you give your points just as i did and stop name calling. peace bro.
How can you call Suge Knight (owner of death roll records) 2pac's aide/assistant? Suge was 2pac's boss. He owned the label which 2pac was under which made him the Boss. He was more gangsta than pac was.

P.diddy owned Biggy, he is his boss and friend. Biggy was signed under Bad boy which belongs to Diddy.

You still think your post was not ignorant?

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Fayrouzz(m): 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Abeg!! Whoever has Don Jazzy's phone number should pls give to this guy... Abeg call am and hala am. How the matter carry concern me wey u come expect me to read all dt tin?
Rubbish.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by SUNNY45: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
russianmob27: I am the that crazy nigga

Your craze no get solution grin grin grin
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by namdo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Dannylux: from what you say shall be used against you in the court of law, nowadays, It's now what you say shall be used against you over the internet.

Great improvement.
grin

na waooo, so because person take him time write something for people to read; as dem no fit read due to laziness and impatience d man wey write don become olodo.....Naija I hail dee.grin
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by dumodust(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
jeez! This article is so dumb and lacks cohesion that it makes my head ache. And it made frontpage on nairaland! Smh...
Incoherent garbage better off on some kid's website, if the poster wants to rant, she should open a twitter page and join them... Guess that's what twitter's for now...
If u havent read it, please dont... U'll be disappointed and feel polluted in the end. Lots of garbage on frontpage these days
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by babyboy3(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
dirtymoney:

Did you just say Diddy, Knight and Dre are still building a career? They were the big boss back then, Actually Suge Knight went to get 2Pac out of prison he is not his assistance, 2Pac was under Deathrow, the beef was West vs East and the main players were Bad Boy vs Deathrow... and those who spoke out were Biggy and Junior Mafia, 2Pac and Outlawz. Snoop Dog was grumbling in the back ground...

The link with Don Jazzy here is that as a producer or major player you pick the battles to fight but not on Twitter please have some class.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Midegee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Don baba has been for so many years my fav naija artist not untill the show of ridicule he displayed recently on twitter.An artist of his status obviously is not meant to go about tarnishing a former label mate name all in the name of trying make wande coal a villain.we all witnessed what happened to 2baba and faze after 2baba's african queen single.ve come to realise such things are no big deal in music industry and at such don baba shouldnt act like he was duped of all his wealth
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Jamji: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
I hope our nigerian youths read this clearly. We should be sick with all these nonsense music nowadays. Things got to change

Our industry was exciting, fun, young and filled with so much hope but in less than two years, it looks a shamble. From 9ice, Mo’Hits, Knight House, Storm 360 to eLDee (I am unsure why everyone keeps leaving Trybes Records, including Sarz, of late), EME, to Chocolate City and so many other labels in between, you gotta ask, what the heck is going on? Our creativity is at an all time low and we spew nonsense both on our airways and in our music videos thinking we can sustain this industry with the mess. Industry, what’s really good? Is this it? Like are we for real? Many of you who read AML are industry leaders. What’s really good, leaders? Seriously?
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Boll2010: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
dirtymoney:
you obviously don't know what you saying young man,cause what you wrote up there,looks like you were carried to hospital by a psychiatric patient,next time don't say what you don't know,or you can as well read up,its your friend,yea I'm talking about GOOGLe!!!
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by hilary26(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
I believe you have got a free time. Cos how he reached out to a former business mate isnt enuf to trigger your technical constructions.

Why not write about your life? You ll be a great author with that.
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by bxcode(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
laplace19: Like seriously,I am regretting why I wasted some minutes reading that long monotonous topic........

Don't even ask me why....
Why? gringrin
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by hilary26(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
yunfazz: As written by Ms. Uduak Oduok who is an Entertainment Attorney

I began writing, yesterday, about the recent potential legal drama between Don Jazzy and Wande Coal to discuss the alleged claim of Intellectual Property theft and legal issues present, which I will still do, albeit on a different post. However, while writing, I just got tired, like really tired of the state of the industry and the foolishness being served of late.

Eyin Nigerian artists eti su mi, really (you Nigerian artists make me weary, really). Sheesh. Y’all can be off the hook, many times. You’ve got a grown man and so called boss for that matter such as Don Jazzy displaying foolish behavior of the highest order on twitter; and crying about a problem he created in the first place.

What are we supposed to do Don Jazzy? You are the business man, you also should have some scars to show from the epic Mo’Hits fallout/ dissolution that you “get it.” Didn’t you at least learn something from that? What’s good? I really tiyah, for real.

ON A DAY THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALL ABOUT TIWA SAVAGE’S RELEASE OF HER SONG ‘EMINADO’(Goodluck charm) featuring Don Jazzy, Don Jazzy totally pooped on that parade and brought the bad luck charm by undermining Tiwa Savage’s shine with his silly cries on twitter about an alleged theft by his former artist.

Are Wande Coal and Don Jazzy mates? What rubbish?! Why is Don Jazzy, the egbon (older one and adult) and most importantly the boss getting on twitter and stooping down to this kind of level as a business owner and leader in the industry? It is embarrassing and unacceptable. It also is ridiculous because from the facts, HE CREATED THE PROBLEM.

How can you not have your split sheets in place as a producer? I don’t care if the artist is your mother, father, sister, brother, girlfriend, wife, gay partner or what have you. You get that in place!

How, at this point in your career, do you get into a studio with your artist and not delineate the lines on who owns what? If you made music under Mavin Records, the music belongs to Mavin, if you signed the proper legal documents evidencing this basic arrangement. You’ve got the sound recording belonging to Mavin. The lyrics and composition also probably belong to Mavin, at least a large portion, given the kinds of agreement I see artists sign with labels in Nigeria with certain aspects in music publishing that differs from us here in the States, so why are we even here?

You clearly did not do this because Wande Coal can produce the original demo song of which he co-authored with you; with no delineation of those rights spelt out. Are we suppose to cry or be sad for you? Why?

As Wande Coal correctly indicated in his tweet, Jazzy has Coal’s phone number and contacts and could have easily contacted him to resolve the dispute, privately. He did not do so. Instead, he chose to follow an impulsive, selfish and egotistical act on twitter that instantly shifted the attention from the release of Tiwa Savage’s beautiful ‘Eminado’ video, all in less than twenty four hours, to a showing to the world that Nigeria’s music industry and its leaders have no focus, no direction and is a big joke.

When was the last time you saw any of the label heads in the USA, including Jimmy Lovine, Diddy and even Kanye West get on twitter to fight artists who allegedly steal their work?

Okay. Hold up. Wait a minute. Don Jazzy, if you are invoking the law and claiming infringement of your “intellectual property” what exactly are we doing on twitter? That’s all legal speak which means lawyers get involved to either help work things out and get you compensated on some licensing deal, for the sampling or explicit copying of your work, or we get into the courtroom. What are we doing on twitter?

I am truthfully exhausted with the frequency/rate of foolishness coming out of the industry from leaders and industry professionals at large. It is alarming and you should be worried about the state of this music ecosystem, if you care both about your country and music, in general. This is unacceptable.

Don Jazzy owns Mavin Records. Tiwa co-owns 323 with T-Billz. Shouldn’t Don Jazzy at this point in his career know that he undermines the marketing and selling of Tiwa Savage’s song with this foolishness? What’s the brand partnership agreement they signed? Anyone have a copy because there should be a clause preventing this kind of behavior. Yes, I am really tired with the foolishness.

Our industry is just looking a big mess and very stupid to me right about now. We look foolish both locally and internationally. We act stupid with our business ventures, we are very reactionary on social media, we let egos get in the way, from the likes of Jason Njoku to his ex-CEO Michael Ugwu. Y’all didn’t think that I thought Ugwu came with clean hands did you? He was one of the first shouting on AML, right here, when I questioned the rapid jump and growth of IROKO into the music market under IROKING, about how I was dead wrong and all the m/billion page views IROKO received blah, blah.

Well, what happened? Ugwu was the CEO of IROKING, and he did not deliver. That was his terrain. Granted Jason Njoku’s egotistical self got in the way and he released the foolish press release that created what has to be the worse PR and disgraceful employer/employee and pr fail ever for a new brand; but nevertheless, what the heck? IROKING is being scrapped under Ugwu’s watch as CEO. What happened to all the “b/million” views et al. Ugwu had a responsibility to also deliver.

Have y’all heard of Chinedu Echeruo? The Nigerian-American who created HotStop in New York and this year allegedly sold the company to Apple for $1Billion? For all the years Echeruo helped build and operate his company,you never heard the fella display the kind of ego that he should arguably display. As he said, he checked it at the door, and today, we all point to him as a shinning example of what a successful Nigerian owned business and entrepreneur should look like.

Can we all take a page from Echeruo i.e. have a healthy dose of humility, get your entertainment business in order and have even more humility? Who said it would be easy? Practice!

Our industry was exciting, fun, young and filled with so much hope but in less than two years, it looks a shamble. From 9ice, Mo’Hits, Knight House, Storm 360 to eLDee (I am unsure why everyone keeps leaving Trybes Records, including Sarz, of late), EME, to Chocolate City and so many other labels in between, you gotta ask, what the heck is going on? Our creativity is at an all time low and we spew nonsense both on our airways and in our music videos thinking we can sustain this industry with the mess. Industry, what’s really good? Is this it? Like are we for real? Many of you who read AML are industry leaders. What’s really good, leaders? Seriously?

Artists walking out on label and management deals like they are visiting red light districts for one night stands, labels with no basic music business skills promising artists heaven and earth and getting screwed, plus left with heavy debts to deal with, diarrhea on twitter from industry heads and professionals who should know better as a means to resolve their legal issues and the list goes on. Common folks, give me a freaking break!

We want to be like the West, yet we lack the common sense to set the legal precedent and have our Nigerian courts determine legal issues that can move our society forward; to ensure the sustainability and success of our industry. Jesus, what’s with this foolishness? Really? Why do we as a community of business owners and industry professionals keep choosing to display juvenile behavior on social media platforms that really undermine the industry; and also affect our sister industries like fashion and film?

We are now at an age where the young ones look up to us and WE MUST respect ourselves with our dealings in front of them and with them. The baton has passed on to us and we are doing a terrible job as it stands with how we carry on with the business of music and resolving our issues. If we have issues with our young ones, then sort them out privately because if we can’t respect those behind us, guess what, they won’t respect us either and what lies ahead will not be pretty for us.

I, for the life of me, have no idea why we are even here. Can anyone tell me? Oh! Don Jazzy says Wande Coal stole his song from him. Don Jazzy at every step of this particular brouhaha clearly failed to protect the alleged rights stolen, which is unacceptable from a seasoned businessman, artist and music producer WHO WAS THE LABEL BOSS FOR A YOUNG MAN THAT HAS WORKED WITH AND LOOKED UP TO HIM FOR HIS ENTIRE CAREER! But, oh! We are suppose to cry with him on twitter. Because why?

Oh! And don’t get me started on COSON, MCSN and all the other entities adding to the current foolishness in the industry.

*Sigh* I’m tired from all the foolishness. Sheesh.

-Uduak

http://africamusiclaw.com/don-jazzy-v-wande-coal-can-the-foolishness-coming-out-of-nigerias-entertainment-industry-its-leaders-stop-already-entlaw/

I think you have a lot of free time or you are not good with the economy end of your talent.
How Don Jazzy handles his business isn't your business. Its not enough for all these technical construction you have there.

I suggest you write about your life, maybe it will be a good story to practice with.

Get busy!

1 Like

Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by bxcode(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
hilary26:

I think you have a lot of free time or you are not good with the economy end of your talent.
How Don Jazzy handles his business isn't your business. Its not enough for all these technical construction you have there.

I suggest you write about your life, maybe it will be a good story to practice with.

Get busy!
Sir, must u quote everything again undecided
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by elari(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
russianmob27:

I am the that crazy nigga
. . . mumu boy
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Caliente(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Its amazing that Don Jazzy reacted like this when he didnt do jack during Mohits split which earned him so much respect. Going by his mohits split response, Im wondering what IF he didnt actually send those tweets? What if someone else in the mavin clique who knew about the song used and abused his twitter account and its even more embarrassing to reveal that. Just pondering. Cuz I cant understand how Don Jazzy can stoop and goof so low
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by ugoflenzy: 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Y is don jazzy naggin let him settle wit his boy quietly n stop al dis twitter ranting
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Seequadry(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
cee my neighbor 4 er
Re: How Don Jazzy's Twitter Rants Exposed His Business Foolishness And Selfishness by Pque(m): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
otipoju: Don Jazzy messed up bigtime with that his rant on twitter. He gave the impression that he was transferring his frustration from his fallout with Dbanj to an innocent Wande that he believes he could handle.

He disobeyed several laws of power that ended up demystifying him as the Don he claims to be. Really disgusting that he did not call Wande one on one first and deal with him man to man.

1. Don wey dey sweat to make music... meaning he is not special and anyone can replicate what he has done.

2. Don wey no fit protect him territory.... so porous anybody can steal from him

3. Don wey him boys no dey fear... a real Don inspires fear in his. subordinates

4. Don wey dey cry instead of to take action... a real Don keeps his emotions in check especially publicly.

5. Don wey dey spell ''intellectual'' as ''interlectual"... am sure he was blinded with tears as he typed those words.

Did you ever see Abramovich rant on twitter before sacking Ranieri,Scolari,Ancelloti, Di matteo,or even Mourinho the special one.
Now that is a real Don.

But Wande u sef give am credit ,you know that he has missed you saying "Don Baba" when u sing and Dbanj saying "its Don Jazzy again"

there is nothing like Dbanj nd Wande without Donjazzy just like there is nothing like 'apple computer' without Steve Job cause he owns d idea. You must agree with me that jazzy made the world knew nd knows them cause he brought them up. @otipoju, go nd make a name for urself nd come back to state dis nonsense. That is why u will tweet nd nt even a single person wil know dat a goat is passing. Don this, Don that, what are u donning? Which or what don are u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel's Buga And Rema's Calm Down, Which Of Them Is A Bigger Song? / Sinach - 'Way Maker' Hits 100 Million Views On YouTube / Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.