Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Enugu State First Lady Denies Being Detained By Husband, Gov Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State First Lady Denies Being Detained By Husband, Gov Chime (615 Views)

Picture Of Police Holding Handbag For Sokoto State First Lady / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway / Gov. Chime At London Hospital For ENT Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enugu State First Lady Denies Being Detained By Husband, Gov Chime by Realest123(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State on Tuesday night denied subjecting his wife, Mrs. Clara Chime, to house arrest and has vowed to protect her from being exposed to ridicule. Chime made this denial in the presence of some journalists, his wife and her elder brother, Mr. Tony Igwe.
Also present were the governor’s siblings, Mrs. May Oji and Dr. Jide Chime, as well as Mrs. Chime’s neuro-psychiatric doctor, Dr. Aham Agumuo, among a few others. At the interview session, the governor’s wife denied sending any petition to the National Human Rights Commission alleging unlawful detention by her husband.
She also denied hiring the services of Mr. Femi Falana to seek her freedom from an alleged house arrest at the Governor’s Lodge, Enugu. Continue

Falana had claimed in his letter to media houses and the Inspector-General of Police that he was engaged by the governor’s wife to seek her freedom from alleged house arrest.
The state governor, however, stated that it was “so disturbing” for him to speak out publicly about his wife’s health challenges.
He vowed to do all within his power, no matter the personal pains, to protect her from ridicule. “Well, my wife has some medical challenges and it would be very unkind for me to talk about her condition on the pages of newspapers.
“I have done everything to protect her integrity and I’m not now going to expose her to ridicule because some people want to exploit her situation to drag me into a needless war of words,” Chime said.
Culled from Punch

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Killed Saro-wiwa And 8 Others-jonathan Justifies Decision 18 Years Later / Ford Transit 1997 / Again Military Kill Several Boko Haram Suspects In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.