Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Why Call Of Duty Sucks - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Call Of Duty Sucks (1643 Views)

Check Out The Best Call Of Duty Games / Play WHOT! on Facebook NOW! iOS and Android Coming SOON! Blackberry Sucks! / Pc- Pes 2010 Sucks. Feels Like Fifa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Call Of Duty Sucks by awaeardfdfrfd: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2013
Ok ok so I think its about time I expressed my utter dislike of activisions latest blockbuster franchise COD. Ironically I started playing COD from the first mordern warfare however I had only ever played multiplayer in mordern warfare 2 so I have no knowledge of the single player campaign but I did play mordern warfare 3 to its full extent and black ops and blacks ops 2 and I just have to say. Why do people buy an upgrade of the Same game they've been playing for years no wait wait I seem to recall COD ghosts releasing yesterday that would mean this recent adaptation of call of duty is just a few months later from black ops 2 . See the thing is you cannot miss something when it does not go away . When you keep on scrapping the barrel less than a year after the last game it gets stale but for some reason people still love this game . I've played call of duty multiplayer and I have to say its fun until its not fun because for some reason there are too many fanboys who form a vendetta when they loose. A match therefore turns into survival one thing I noticed though is that after spending hours trying to level up and finding a respectable position on the leaderboards I go to bed and somehow I have sunk so low down even noobs of yesterday start kicking my ass. Don't THEY SLEEP? , I don't even want to get started on the dumb arguments . Anyway though I was about to say when there is less time made by the developers in creating a new game it means either they have a big team or they are not giving effort of bringing new things rather than the same thrills we've already experienced over and over. Look at GTA 5 for instance, since san andreas on the ps2 it had been 7 years since we ever heard of or saw san andreas. Gta 5 took us back to a much bigger san andreas adding new characters , a bigger world, a san andreas IN HD and 3 characters way more intereresting than the cliche life of crime were so accustomed to plus online free roaming with friends? See what I'm talking bout? 7 years into developing a single game. As far as I'm concerned that's commitment and they gave us a splendid game. Activision on the other hand is feeding you the same bullshit over and over . Btw this review of the COD franchise is based solely subjectively and I'd like to see other peoples opinions in the comments below

1 Like

Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Bawss1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
In summary, Call of Duty sucks because you suck at it? Lol.

Thanks for the rant.

Next!
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Tbase2: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Yeah I do agree With you games shouldn't be release just cause it a popular franchise I Mean seriously what made Gta so good his that they made fans waggle thier tongues in. anticipation of what was to come and. after seven years of propal hard work put. in one. job rockstar created what's to me and I think many gamers out there the best game yet although all game review site will say thier his nothing like a perfect game this was closes to perfection
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by usermane(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
That is why am not so much into first person shooters. You see COD is bad for gaming industry. It lack a decent game story like most fps. To topple that it is too repetitive,with only little differences btw the installments. Yet COD fanboys have been rewarding the franchise with record breaking profits per release. As a consequence most game developers want to invest more on COD styled games instead of creating something new, that will give gamers a better and fresher experience than COD.
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Bawss1(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2013
In recent times, within the gaming crowd ,it seems the cool thing to do is to lash out on COD. cheesy

It's understandable that not everyone likes COD but the reasons cited on this thread are vacuous. The post above says it lacks a decent storyline like most FPS. Really? Can the poster kindly furnish us with a list of 3 other FPS aside Halo that have "better" story lines?

While at it can anyone also list any current FPS that has any marked improvements from its prequel? (Aside Battlefield 4, of course grin)

Call of Duty is a huge franchise because it offers gamers quick and intense fun bouts unlike many other FPS. The current iteration, Ghost, does indeed contain some additions/improvements albeit not on the scale to be labelled as innovative.

Activision's formula has worked well for them in the past. Don't expect them to change it.

#TeamCOD smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by awaeardfdfrfd: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2013
Bawss1: In recent times, within the gaming crowd ,it seems the cool thing to do is to lash out on COD. cheesy

It's understandable that not everyone likes COD but the reasons cited on this thread are vacuous. The post above says it lacks a decent storyline like most FPS. Really? Can the poster kindly furnish us with a list of 3 other FPS aside Halo that have "better" story lines?

While at it can anyone also list any current FPS that has any marked improvements from its prequel? (Aside Battlefield 4, of course grin)

Call of Duty is a huge franchise because it offers gamers quick and intense fun bouts unlike many other FPS. The current iteration, Ghost, does indeed contain some additions/improvements albeit not on the scale to be labelled as innovative.

Activision's formula has worked well for them in the past. Don't expect them to change it.

#TeamCOD smiley
FANBOY ALERT!!!
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by awaeardfdfrfd: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2013
Bawss1: In summary, Call of Duty sucks because you suck at it? Lol.

Thanks for the rant.

Next!
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by awaeardfdfrfd: 11:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Bawss1: In summary, Call of Duty sucks because you suck at it? Lol.

Thanks for the rant.

Next!
lol actually though among my classmates I was nicknamed ghost probably cause I new the exact respawn areas of everyone so immediately they were respawned I killed them especially in nuke town and when there was a big firefight I ran away (for some reason that's what brought about my cod nickname"ghost" cause as I ran I somehow managed to avoid conflict altogether) . I only ever lost on 3 maps cause they were too huge and my friends took advantage of my bad eyesight to flank me from rooftops plus they used camourflage. Especially in that forest map in the original black ops
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Bawss1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
awaeardfdfrfd: FANBOY ALERT!!!

Yeah I'm a fan alright but not the type that will bury reason and logic all in the name of defence.
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Tbase2: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am playing black ops2 right now and am gonna say battlefield shi**t over cod anytime any day
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by davetwitzy: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2013
Ologogoro, which battlefield, I doubt u have played battlefield atol Cuz all the BF I've played I can see a clear noticeable difference from 1-4, BF 4 is far better than any COD
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by wman(m): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
In terms of single player experience Battlefield is no match for COD. Just better graphics.

In terms of multiplayer, I think they both offer different experiences. Battlefield has larger maps but COD is more fast paced and you camp less than in COD.

Each man to his own.
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
Titanfall is CODs killer, it's going to kick COD's ass, too bad it wont be available for PlayStation.
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by wman(m): 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
Titanfall? An online multiplayer only game beating COD?

Impossible.
Re: Why Call Of Duty Sucks by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
wman: Titanfall? An online multiplayer only game beating COD?

Impossible.
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Can You Beat Me In Pes6 Match / The Secret World MMO: Much Too Occultic / 2013 Spike Vgx Awards (formerly Video Game Awards)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.