Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days (2594 Views)

Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo / Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by KingGeorge1: 9:17am On Nov 07, 2013
It baffles me when i see groom appears with all manner of colours on wedding day while most bride maintain their white as a sign of purity(virgin). After going through wedding pics of old(70s and 80s) and realized that our dads and grand dads usually appear with a neat black suits and a white shirt with a bow/long tie on it or at most white suit, i begin to wonder what and where fashion is driving us to, knowing fully well that most people will base their reason(s) for ''colour rioting'' on fashion.
Nowadays, we see men with purple suits and pink or lemon shirt with a red tie or yellow suit with black shirt n a green tie, i cry when i see how fashion has turn our young men into VICTIM OF FASHION instead of symbol of fashion, some goes as far as wearing the colours of the flowers the wife is holding in her hands while, some wear the colour of the day on behalf of their wife who could not do so. Please, let go back home to history and check out decent fashion suitable for specific occasions, not appearing with costumes made for the stage in the name of fashion, cause though change is inevitable, doesn't mean it should be abuse, I rest my matter.

1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Atk01(f): 9:25am On Nov 07, 2013
grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by remmyton(f): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2013
@OP, please don't tell me the picture attached is that of a to-be-husband, his bestman n page boy, I can't bear it shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by breadplanet(f): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hehehehehe @ remmyton please bear it u hear? Hahahhaha....
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by EfemenaXY: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2013
Ridiculous - the belt is just as bad shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by babyme1(f): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2013
Did u see the belt? shocked
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by LerrieJohn(f): 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
The things you men will do for love and to make madam happy grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by NosoChic: 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
It seems they were getting ready for a Sweet Sensation Eatery event, as ushers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by EfemenaXY: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
^^ Or better still, the left-over cut-and-sew material from their local tailor was just enough to squeeze the groom, his best man and ring bearer / little groom into.

I'm curious to know what outfit the bride wore. I doubt if it would have been the traditional white, frilly wedding dress.
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Me think they r from East Africa dem.
CC, pls where r they from?
I no fit laugh.
C as them de pose and swagger sef!
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by greatgod2012(f): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
It's been soooooooo long i laugh this hard and loud.
@op, are you sure this groom in your picture above is from this planet
I doubt it.
This is too ridiculous!
Haba!
Kiloooodeeeeee
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by greatgod2012(f): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
Efemena_xy: Ridiculous - the belt is just as bad shocked shocked

baby.me:
Did u see the belt? shocked

i just saw the belt now. Oh no! This isn't normal!
Maybe they were rehearsing or acting cartoon characters!
This cant be real!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by EfemenaXY: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2013
^^ My dear, forget the belt sef.

Have you seen the guys shoes in CC's close-up pic? shocked shocked

The shoe is as multi-coloured as his bride bouquet! Haba!

What sort of colour riot is this? And why has he got that white thingy (glove) on his hand? It's for women jare. embarassed
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by breadplanet(f): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2013
Hehhehehehe....... My teeth o!
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2013
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by greatgod2012(f): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2013
@CC, where you dey see all these pishure sef grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Nutase: 11:17am On Nov 11, 2013
Faints angry
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Ugom38(f): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2013
nawaoo
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by enlady(f): 11:27am On Nov 11, 2013
having a good laugh on this thread. This is morning of a thousand laughs! cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by RoyalRoy(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
[size=16pt] What a Colorful event[/size]

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by NadiaSA1(f): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
End time colours shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2013
If my husband to be wore any of those ridiculous outfits in the name of fashion and I spot him as I'm walking down the aisle, I'm sorry but I'm turning back! I JUST CAN'T DO IT!
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2013
Lol, seems a rainbow spat on them. A rainbow spitting-fest.
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by EfemenaXY: 7:13am On Nov 12, 2013
ThoniaSlim: If my husband to be wore any of those ridiculous outfits in the name of fashion and I spot him as I'm walking down the aisle, I'm sorry but I'm turning back! I JUST CAN'T DO IT!

grin grin

Why na? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by KingGeorge1: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Am still crying oh, Lord plz show mercy cuz this is beyond human comprehension cry cry cry cry
So annoying what Ignorance can do....
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by mysticgal(f): 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
we call it pinging,yes pinging undecided ,in some other contries,creativity lipsrsealed
On a more serious note if i get a glimpse of the bachelor guy with this type of suit, undecided ,i would slap him dirty and as dittoed said "sorry i can't just phantom why i should marry a camelion " lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by mrakin(m): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
I am sure so many people going through this will laugh and won't be able to comment.
Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by SAMBARRY: 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
EfemenaXY:
^^ Or better still, the left-over cut-and-sew material from their local tailor was just enough to squeeze the groom, his best man and ring bearer / little groom into.

I'm curious to know what outfit the bride wore. I doubt if it would have been the traditional white, frilly wedding dress.
na this kain wedding them suppose sing that dolly Parton song wey say "the coat of many colours my mother made for me" wink

plus add red hat and Red shoe to match

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by EfemenaXY: 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
na this kain wedding them suppose sing that dolly Parton song wey say "the coat of many colours my mother made for me" wink

Lol! cheesy

Sambarry: you are "tewible"!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by blaizze(f): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:

pls dnt!!! I have been trying not to laugh too hard cos I have chest pain. Pls dnt make me do it.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Appear With All Sort Of Colours On Their Wedding Days by mathewjuann: 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
Generally, we have to look after for the comfortable and trendy with adding luxuries look apparels and accessories for weddings. Definitely, Most of them are taking the help of parents for wedding shopping. I think, They know much better than us in most of the aspects.
wedding favours online

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Crimes You Can Get Beaten For In A Nigerian Home / Which Work Can I Do For You To Buy Me A Sewing Machine? / ''All I Care About Is Me And My Child'' What Does This Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.