Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help (1200 Views)

2001 Audi A6 C5 Instrument Cluster / How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) / Help: Slip bulb lit on my instrument cluster. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by Heffalump(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
My dear people, please i need urgent help from "Great" minds here. Indeed the auto experts in this forum have brought relief to so many individuals, such that many have got solutions and saved hard earned currency.

This time the issue is that my newly acquired tokumbo Camry SE 2002 model with white instrument cluster misbehaves at times. If the key is inserted and the engine cranked to start, all gauges pointers will flip violently to the extreme end and normalized by settling in the right positions afterwards, (these include the fuel gauge, RPM reader, and the speedometer). But when the key is turned in the "on" position or acc and re-started, all pointers appear dead without movement and the fuel gauge pointer remains in the lower reading prompting the low fuel indicator light to pop up even when the fuel tank is nearly full. This erroneous reading makes me feel sometimes that the fuel tank is empty, whereas this is false alarm. Suffice to say that while all these happen, it does not hinder the vehicle from moving except that the acceleration becomes slow and highest limit cannot be attained. The digital odometer reading has some distorted numbers (like the display of a faulty calculator).

However, at other times these faults are not vissible and the performance of the engine is superb. Again, so many lights are permanently "on" on the dash board: Break, ABS, VSC, Traction off. I took the car for some servicing and OBD scanner was used and couldn't reveal any faults. Hydraulic fluid was topped and the Break light is still permanently on. In fact I don tire sef.
My honorable gurus please assist let me get to the root of this matter and solve it for once.

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
You need to have the instrument cluster interrogated via the OBD port. A generic scanner will only read the ECM, nothing more.
Re: Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by Heffalump(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
Siena: You need to have the instrument cluster interrogated via the OBD port. A generic scanner will only read the ECM, nothing more.

Thanks Oga Siena. More input from fellas please.
Re: Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by Heffalump(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Please more info.
Re: Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by baconline(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2013
Hope your car is not a floody
Re: Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Heffalump: Please more info.

Have you had the instrument cluster scanned? I honestly can't see what other info you need - you're meant to work through car issues methodically. If there are any codes, then at least interpreting them is a step in the right direction.

(1) (Reply)

407 EW12 Engine Oil / Photos: The World's First 2015 Escalade With Built In 48" Curved TV / See How This Driver Got His Car Out Of The Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.