Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) (1456 Views)

2001 Audi A6 C5 Instrument Cluster / Toyota Camry SE 2002 Model White Instrument Cluster Malfunctions. Pls Help / Help: Slip bulb lit on my instrument cluster. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) by elektra80: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
This is just for fun. How many error lights (excluding seat belt, hand brake, DRL, and other normal lights) do u have on ur car's instrument cluster? Pls post pictures. The engine should be running while picture is taken. I'll start with mine

Car: Honda Accord
Model: 2005
Transmission: Auto
Engine size: 2.4L I4
error lights: 0

Re: How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) by biggiyke(m): 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
for fun right?
here's mine then.
2008 fx35: 1 warning light (TPMS).
funny enough, 5 of my friends all use same fx35 & we all have this TPMS warning light illuminated.
guess that means mine is actually normal grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) by elektra80: 11:04am On Sep 16, 2013
Resetting the TPMS could be very tedious and need special tools
Re: How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) by earthrealm(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
tpms = tire pressure monitoring system.it tells u when ur tire pressure is too high or too low...........so cos its showing in the cars of 5 of ur pals..doesn't make it normal.

modern cars have inbuilt pressure in the rim/wheel..........these monitor the pressure of each tire and report same back to the brainbox in the car via wireless protocol...similar to Bluetooth technology.....thus if u swap out ur rims with after market rims..the sensor cannot communicate with the brainbox, thus the tpms ligtht will light up on ur dash.........

also the sensors are quite expensive, so most people normally just buy an ordinary valve to install, if the original sensor is bad....cos the sensor is inbuilt inside the valve............n by so doing..the tpms light will light up on ur dash.......

so my bro nothing normal about ur tpms light being on.......

1 Like

Re: How Many Error Lights Do You Have On Your Instrument Cluster (PICTURES) by nissparts(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
If you paid attention to the smilie after the "normal" you would not need to respond as such

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Siena,Ikenna,Car Doctor&others Pls Help - 1996 Camry Excessive Fuel Consumption / 2016 Honda HR-V: Honda Joins The Rapidly-expanding Small SUV Segment / Need Help On The Following Error Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.