Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana (671 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / Controversial APC's Lawyer Regrets Action: PDP Ugochinyere Ikenga Hired Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana by octaviusesse(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Last is yet to be heard of the Enugu first Lady's house arrest issue, as Mr. Femi Falana, SAN, has declared that he was mandated by the detained wife of the Governor of Enugu state to secure her release from unlawful custody in Enugu Government House.

Even as Mrs. Chime had denied hiring Falana (SAN), a Lagos based human right lawyer to take up the matter on her behalf. Though she told those at the gathering that a friend of hers did so on her behalf in order to “fight her cause”.
Falana, said he spoke with Mrs Chime on Thursday morning, and that the Governors claim that the wife did not ask him (Falana) to secure her release was a lie by the governor.
“contrary to such diversionary statement I wish to state that I do not need the instructions of citizens who are illegally detained to demand for their release. Without any instructions I am duty bound to file cases in court to secure the enforcement of the fundamental rights of detainees to personal liberty. For the avoidance of doubt, the doctrine of locus standi in the area of human rights has been abolished by the Fundamental Rights (Enforcement Procedure) Rules 2009 which came into force on December 1,2009...... Read More http://www.searchlightnigeria.com/2013/11/enugu-first-lady-you-hired-me-femi.html
Re: Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana by T8ksy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2013
octaviusesse: The Last is yet to be heard of the Enugu first Lady's house arrest issue, as Mr. Femi Falana, SAN, has declared that he was mandated by the detained wife of the Governor of Enugu state to secure her release from unlawful custody in Enugu Government House.

LOBATAN!!!
Re: Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana by Sermwell(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ss
Re: Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana by frankyychiji(f): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Falana should give us concrete evidence to show that the said woman hired him. Speaking to her on phone alone is not enough proof cos it could have been somebody else's voice. Soliciting for a case in law is illegal.
Re: Enugu First Lady, You Hired Me - Femi Falana by 0monnakoda: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
frankyychiji: Soliciting for a case in law is illegal.
Really? Can you share the proscribing statute with us please?

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Members Angry With Pdp’s Tony Nwoye Over Anglican Bishops / Anambra 2014: Lets Have Your Votes Here #NairalandDecides / National Confab: APC Is Standing Against The People – Odumakin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.