Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] (2519 Views)

Rats Chewed Her Toes... Is There Cause For Alarm? / Manager Loses Four Fingers To Omega Machine In Awka (Graphic Photos) / Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
One-year-old (now 3-year-old)
Indian boy breaks world record after being born with THIRTY FOUR fingers and toes
Akshat Saxena had seven
fingers on each hand and ten toes on each foot, according to a spokesman for Guinness World
Records.
The child, from Uttar Pradesh in
northern India, has since had a series of surgeries to amputate
the excess digits. Akshat was born in 2010 without thumbs so doctors are working to reconstruct these out of the fingers they have removed.
His mother Amrita Saxena said: ‘I was so happy to see my baby as it was our first child. ‘But later, when I saw his fingers, I was shocked and surprised.’
The condition is known as
polydactyly, a genetic disorder
which can be inherited and gives rise to excess digits. Most commonly, the extra digits
appear on the little finger side of the hand.
Mrs Saxena said it was a family friend who convinced them
Akshat was extremely special. She said: ‘He read on the internet about the baby born in
China with 31 fingers. Then he said that my boy has broken the record of having 34 fingers. At first, I was not
convinced at all. It was hard to
believe that my son has broken
the record. ‘But later, he along with my
husband and my younger sister registered the data in the Internet.’
The record was previously held by a six-year-old boy in China
who had 15 fingers and 16 toes.

Source: http://www.africanspotlight.com/2013/11/06/photos-of-the-day-boy-born-with-34-fingers-and-toes/
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by anthoniosp(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
india ... no wonder dey no dey qualify for world cup
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by kristana(f): 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
india.again
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by weazley(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
holy sh.it.. no shoes for lyf, wtf
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by Tolexander: 7:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
One-year-old (now 3-year-old)
Indian boy breaks world
record after being born with
THIRTY FOUR fingers and toes
Akshat Saxena had seven
fingers on each hand
and ten
toes on each foot, according
to a spokesman for Guinness
World
Records.
wow!

The septadactyl will be very much useful on the pianos, computer keyboards and qwerty phones cos all the fingers will surely have the touch on nearly all the keys without shifting hands
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by Akshow: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
anthoniosp: india ... no wonder dey no dey qualify for world cup
for real? What has qualification for world cup got to do with a deformation? U daft sha. @topic, y is it dat its indians that are associated with such 'kayeeefi' news.
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by anthoniosp(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Akshow: for real? What has qualification for world cup got to do with a deformation? U daft sha. @topic, y is it dat its indians that are associated with such 'kayeeefi' news.
hmmmmm ever heard y india was not allowed to play in the world? ehm which year b dat?? ive forgotten... they wanted to play with dia bare feet nd some of this player could not wear studs because thia toes were above numbers nd couldnt fit into boots...#thnks to banana chewing gum#....so it would b wise to take back ur "daft" insult..okay? #case proved.. next#
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by anthoniosp(m): 8:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
@akshow.. it was in the year 1959
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
anthoniosp: india ... no wonder dey no dey qualify for world cup
Please read again
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
weazley: holy sh.it.. no shoes for lyf, wtf
specially made sh0es 4 him al0ne
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by anthoniosp(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2013
J0nyb0y:
Please read again
hu con b dis one again?? cnt u see i proved my point?? typographical error its 1950 nt 1959
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by Lilimax(f): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2013
Always in India.

Yesterday it was Werewolf we learn't about; today I'm seeing polydactyly,
tomorrow it will be what... ?

I jump una pass.
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2013
Lol...
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by fedoralahot(f): 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
kia! strange.
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2013
a lot of sh**ts hapen in this life ooooo
sooooooooooo strange lipsrsealed
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hamzatgodfirst: a lot of sh**ts hapen in this life ooooo
sooooooooooo strange lipsrsealed
i jux tire
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by freda506(f): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Jesus shocked
Re: Boy Born With 34 Fingers And Toes [PHOTOS] by J0nyb0y(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
freda506: Jesus shocked
Of Nazareth..

(1) (Reply)

Happenings In Eko Hospital Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way Lagos / Example Of Mild Soap In Nigeria / Rain Soul Testimonies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.