Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate (13222 Views)

Fashola Can’t Run Power Ministry Like He Ran Lagos —CACOL / CACOL To Sue EFCC For Not Probing Fashola / FG To Move Some Federal Ministries, Agencies Out Of Abuja City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL) has described the proposed new Abuja City Gate as a misplaced priority.

Reacting to the news on behalf of the Coalition, Executive Chairman Debo Adeniran condemned the irrational appropriation of taxpayers' hard earned money to irrelevant project that possesses no economic potentials for the masses.

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed was quoted as saying that the decision to embark on the construction of a new city gate, at a cost of N64bn, was one of the steps being taken by his administration to restore Abuja’s original master plan, adding that the current city gate was wrongly located. Said Adeniran: "It is very disheartening that the government of the day is so detached from the people. The recent move of the FCT Minister to construct a new gate where one is existing with a whooping N64 billion is the height of insensitivity on the part of the Federal Government. The questions begging for answers are: what has gone wrong with the current gate to warrant a new one? Must we duplicate city gate at the expense of other meaningful projects that are begging for attention?” He described as “unfortunate” that such a huge amount of money could be devoted to a project that would have no positive impact on the millions of Nigerians living in abject poverty.

“This is nothing but a conspicuous conspiracy by the Minister and his cohorts to plunder the country's treasury under the guise of beautifying the FCT which has no economic relevance to improve the living standard of the Nigerian masses," he declared. He urged on the government to channel the N64bn into life-changing projects that would dwarf the ever growing rate of poverty among the Nigerian masses.

By SaharaReporters, New York

8 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Wasteful and yeye government!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by richy1473(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
500billion-Naira SURE-P missing,now 64billion-Naira for Abuja-gate.....I'm dumbfunded!!!.....let me try to mutter some words...EVERYTHING HAS EXPIRY DATE.!!!

9 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Brimmie(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ijoba Oninakuna, Awon Apa.. Arungun!! O Ku Odun Kan Ati Oshu Kperete Ti Ara Kunrin Jonathan Ati Emewa Re O Fi Ijoba Sile!

Nkan Be Oooo!!

13 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by iluvweed(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2013
Yes ! Thats my country NIGERIA !

BEST GOVT IN THE WORLD !

MORE GREASE TO YOUR ELBOW!

#suffering and smiling as usual...... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2013
Some news ... ... they just wanna make you cry for misappropriation of public funds

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by kennyonthrone(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2013
News lyk dis alwz mkz me wanna cry 4 ma beloved nation......mayb d gate wil b made of DIAMOND

God jst dey watch una 4 HD oooo

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by constance500: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2013
ledafaze: Some news ... ... they just wanna make you cry for misappropriation of public funds

i was like...are they mad.? ASUU mata still dey ground..dem no clear am
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by yunglykmine(m): 10:12am On Nov 08, 2013
64bn naira..? Simply outrageous.
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by shiftmarket(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2013
64 ...?

I sorry for Nigeria.
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by frainc(m): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2013
more to come
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Nnekacherry: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2013
64billion for ordinary gate..
Chineke..
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by linpok: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2013
WTF...biggest appraised fools of d century..wen innocent people r on d street lookin fr food to eat,dis bloated fools r here tryna to waste(abi divert d moni) to dia respective accounts afta it must hav bn approved..

Dis is wat u get wen u bring in Dignified Rubish Fools to rule u..MTcHEwwwwwww.... undecided

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Dahslim(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2013
Na God go punish una ooo....... Y'all just kip on profligating our money... Bad leaders!!!!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by knick(m): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2013
OMG!!!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 08, 2013
undecided Even great Wall of China Sef!

Habba Kai Gubnatin Nijeria...even if na the whole of Naija dem wan fence sef!

6 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by MrAboki: 10:17am On Nov 08, 2013
SO you people dont want Abuja to be secure abi?! angry

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by tchigofigo(m): 10:17am On Nov 08, 2013
hmmm...nAwaOOoO!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Dahslim(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2013
Musa, I get mission 4 u ooo....... E be like say u go enta Abuja go throw stone o!!!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by johnstar(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Mr Aboki: SO you people dont want Abuja to be secure abi?! angry
u b real aboki, secured my a$$, dat moni knw 2mussh
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by oluwashaddow(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Do dis people really think?.............hw is d gate going to b of economic importance to us or can't dey just use d money for something meaningful?..... I believe d money will b very useful in completing d abandoned east-west road or even Lagos-Ibadan road

1 Like

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by ajasbaba(m): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2013
they are preparing for 2015
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by bandely(m): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Can it get any worse? I donno who is trying to outdo who in this their race of corruption. 64 whopping billion naira for a gate?! Will the gate lead to heaven? More importantly, amidst the cries of NOI that the country doesn't have money, especially when the ASUU strike still lingers, and someone is talking about a gate. It is true. Nigerians will kill Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by primusmaximus: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2013
64 billion when its not wall of china they are building

6 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Henrypraise: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2013
I comment my reserve
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by Jboy5050(m): 10:22am On Nov 08, 2013
Ntin dey secure 4 Abuja jooor,they are jst wasting resources dat are suppose 2 be used for meaningful projects.
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by gbadexy(m): 10:22am On Nov 08, 2013
God dey!
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by soloxxng: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2013
shocked tongue i am still waiting to hear sometin
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by 3ace(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2013
Mr Aboki: SO you people dont want Abuja to be secure abi?! angry
Would it prevent further bombings in Abuja or external invasion? People are concerned about the cost especially at a time when so many things are begging for financial attention.
Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by ddeola: 10:23am On Nov 08, 2013
I think it's rather unfortunate that these guys are still in government. This table MUST turn and Naija MUST be blessed with seasoned, intelligent and purposeful leaders not professional time-wasters who are busy marking time and smiling to the banks.

Naija is too blessed and endowed than to have the kind of leadership we have right now, their approach to national issues is far too low intellectually.

7 Likes

Re: CACOL Condemns N64bn Abuja City Gate by tobechi74: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2013
If aasu hear this,they wont call of strike

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Declares The Technology And Innovations Expo 2018 Open / Election 2019: Voting Will Commence At 8am On Saturday - INEC / Ojukwu To Get Full Nigerian Military Burial, Oya Massob Give Way!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.