Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Fake Doctor Who Duped Lady N.7m Blames Alao-akala For His Dilemma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Doctor Who Duped Lady N.7m Blames Alao-akala For His Dilemma (776 Views)

[video]: Duped SURE-P Employees Protest In Lagos / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack / Is Alao-akala And Other Pdp Candiadtes In Oyo State Disqualified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fake Doctor Who Duped Lady N.7m Blames Alao-akala For His Dilemma by RedHotChic(f): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008 Printer Friendly Version

Fake doctor who duped lady N.7m blames Alao-Akala for his dilemma

By AKIN OYEDELE

THIRTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Kehinde Olugoke passes for a lady‘s man, as he is blessed with an imposing stature and good looks, complemented by his impeccable spoken English. At least 70 per cent of eligible ladies today would not mince words in listing these attributes as the must-possess for their dream husbands.

Kehinde Olugoke

For many years, the police said, Olugoke had enthralled many unsuspecting single ladies seeking the Golden Fleece with his dandy identity. He not only fleeced them of huge amounts of money, he goes ahead to sleep with them under the false promise of marrying them. He had all the while successfully concealed his status as a married man. With his cool mien, he looked every inch a responsible person; little wonder he was able to convince his victims that he was a doctor with the World Health Organisation, before the bubble finally burst last week. His type is what Yoruba call faworaja (impostor).

A 1995 physics graduate of the University of Ibadan, he claims he also attended St. Andrews College, Oyo, where he obtained the National Certificate of Education in Mathematics/Physics. But, he says he is into the business of supplying, but could not recall any of his clients.

”I do go down to anybody that gives me petty contract to do and I supply them and that is all. Many parastatals, private owners are my clients. When they ask me to supply I go to them. That is all,” he says.

On the insistence of SUNDAY PUNCH that he should mention the name of at least one client or company that he had supplied items in the last three months, he continues to rabble-rouse. ”I was asked to supply to one em em em em, what do they call this place? I have forgotten the name of that place. But they asked me to supply stationeries and that is all. I have supplied one ADP in the state and that is all,” says Olugoke.

From the account of his narrations, one could deduce that he veered into the world of fraud after he was laid off from work in 2006. According to him, his fate took a nosedive when the Governor of Oyo State, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, ordered the retrenchment of workers recruited by his former boss, Alhaji Rashidi Ladoja, during his 11-month illegal stint as the state helmsman.

The suspect claimed that he started his work career with the Oyo State ADP, where he spent six years before he was retrenched during the regime of one of the military administrators that ruled the state, whose name he cannot also recollect.

”On several occasions again, I took teaching appointments and I worked for almost four months before we were asked to go,” he says. ”The copies of the appointment letters are with me and we were not paid any kobo.

”We were just verbally dismissed by the present governor of the state without being paid a kobo, on two occasions. I worked at Iroko Grammar School, Iroko. I taught there because I read Physics/Mathematics. I was given appointment letters on two occasions, but the man (Alao-Akala) just asked us to go without giving us anything.”

Since he left the teaching service, he claimed that he had made ends meet by engaging in private tutorials and petty contracts.

He is convinced that his retrenchment in 2006, alongside others, had political undertones. For this reason, he says he had nursed the idea of taking his matter to THE PUNCH newspapers to bail them out, but could not find anybody to lead the way.

Olugoke denies the allegation by the police that he had duped many ladies in the guise of assisting them to seek greener pasture abroad, which never materialised.

The Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, Mr. Bashiru Azeez, said the fake ”WHO” official was arrested after several months of surveillance by men of the Apata Division.

Azeez said, ”Olugoke is a self-acclaimed WHO doctor, who had duped a lot of people, especially unsuspecting young single ladies.

”(The) Apata Police Division has received several reports of this culprit who had escaped with huge amounts of money from different single ladies with the pretext of using his international connection to get them lucrative jobs and getting married to them.

”The last straw that broke the camel‘s back was the case of a single business lady (Toyin Gbadegesin), who was trapped by his sweet words. With the suspect‘s proposal of marriage, she was convinced of all his promises, which resulted in her parting with a whopping amount of N700,000 within a period of six months and went away with her international passport.

”When it dawned on her that her proposed husband was a dupe, she reported the case to the police. Policemen were placed on surveillance duties in search of the fake WHO doctor who had been in the police wanted list. He was arrested by detectives when trying to flee the town.”

The suspect, who only came short of calling the police liars, claims that he never tricked anybody to part with their money or promise to assist them to travel abroad as alleged.

Not the least showing any sign of remorse, he says that his last victim was his estranged girlfriend, who decided to take a pound of flesh from him when she discovered that he was married.

Olugoke says, ”I‘m not assisting anybody to travel. That lady in question is my girlfriend. If they look at my statement, I did not write that I collected money from her for travelling.

”The money was between the two of us. I borrowed the money from her. At times, N10,000; N20,000. You know what transpires between a lady and a man. That was just it. I borrowed money from her, but not on the cause of travelling out.

”They should look at her statement and see what is there. The total amount I borrowed from her is not more than N260,000 and we even spent it together. You know as a man she will be in need of one thing and she will ask me for money and she will not know that it was from the money she gives to me that I‘m giving her.”

Indication that the tell-tale was stingy with the truth emerged when he could not advance any plausible reason why he was in possession of the international passport of his ‘girlfriend.‘

According to him, the lady just gave him the passport as a sign of commitment to their romp. But when asked how things went awry between them, he claims Toyin reported him to the police when she realised that he was a married man, who had no plan of settling down with her.

He prevaricates when asked whether or not he promised to marry the lady.

He says, ”What triggered the whole thing was when she eventually got to know that I was married and I was not prepared to marry her.

”That is why she came up with all sorts of lies. You know in a man and woman relationship, there is absolutely nothing you cannot say. You can go to any length to say…

”You know only God knows which one leads to a marriage. She came to my matrimonial home when she discovered that I was married and she reported to my wife before she came to the police station.

”If a woman has already had it in her mind to have you and cannot have you, they can go to any extent to say anything. If I have up to that N700,000 she claimed that I collected from her, will I not have started my own business and be doing fine?”

Olugoke insists that he did not promise anybody that he would facilitate their journey abroad. Except that the people that allegedly name him as fraudsters were equally into advance fee fraud, he said there was no way they could have fallen prey to him as alleged.

He asks, ”If those people alleging that I duped them were not into 419 too, how can you… did I open any office?

”So, I did not collect any money from anybody. This is just the only thing and it is between me and my girlfriend.”

A successful jeweller, Olugoke claims that he met Toyin on a sunny afternoon when she accosted him for a free ride while driving along the NNPC-Apata Road in the Oyo State capital.

One thing led to the other and they ended as lovers.

He however went numb when asked whether he owned a car and that ended the encounter.

No doubt, the police have a huge task in their hands to determine whether Toyin only weaved lies to punish his ‘fiancé‘ or whether Olugoke concocted half-truth to get out of the mess.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jul/13/405.html
Re: Fake Doctor Who Duped Lady N.7m Blames Alao-akala For His Dilemma by RedHotChic(f): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2008
How do people pull this off? Fake physician performing surgery?

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua’s Health Worsens? North Vows To Hold On To Power If: / Ribadu's Dismissal Final - Minister / Obj, Abubakar Get Honorary Degrees From Unaab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.