Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You (950 Views)

Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!! / The Power In The Tongue: Its Positive And Negative Effects. / Negative Thoughts About Yourself You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by OMA4U(m): 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Firstly, I would like to say Nairaland is a great intellectual forum where information, ideas, opinions, are being shared. It's serving as a purpose of viewing the headline news for some, while job and career prospects for some other. Education sections mostly for students is another great section to make mention. The fatanstic Literature section where we read fascinating stories and encourage one another has become a tool for writers where they get people to read what they write and get feedbacks. (Thanks to the readers; who are writers without them). Politics section where we have the 'baba o's e.g Sir Afam and Honourable Jarus' is another enormous arm of Nairaland and other sections.

In fact, Nairaland is becoming a blood running through my veins which I must not lack for minutes. I'd feel I'm missing something tremendous if I've not browse Nairaland in a day or 2.

But In spite of the pros of Nairaland, yet I found negativities; I notice I don't get jobs done as fast as I used to, unless my battery is down; I could be away from my real life friends without missing them much once I could come on Nairaland and read posts - both the hilarious and intellectuals.

So I want to ask what are the postive and negative effects Nairaland is having on you?

I know we have experience such one time or another.

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
I am learning pigin grin grin grin... 'he' is impressed cheesy
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Infomizer(m): 11:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
I have learnt to appreciate the little I know. The ignorance on display here by folks is heart-wrenching. I also appreciate the very intelligent people that have taught me a thing or two, so tis a mixed feeling thingy. Thanks y'all. Nairaland rocks.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
The negative effect it's having on me is dat I'm learning bad things embarassed
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by AbuMikey(m): 12:13am On Nov 08, 2013

The only negative effect NL is having on me is the fact that I'm becoming easily angered, I now use violent words which is very unlike me in real life,and I pick up arguments with people which is also very unlike the real Mikey embarassed

Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Gwekzy: 12:47am On Nov 08, 2013
I don learn say Tonto dike na co owner of Nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Chomzy19(f): 3:17am On Nov 08, 2013
D opinions here on nairaland mainly in d politics, Romance n family section is Acidic n very Toxic to d human mind... In d politics section u'll think there is an actual n very real hatred btw d yorubas n igbos in d family n romance sections well d kind of opinions n things u see there cld rewire ones mentality into sth very spiteful n hateful of d opposite sex

ofcourse i try to stay out of those forums as much as possible n stay in d more educative forums, Biz, property, Auto, fashion, food, investment etc, but d few times I do go there i always feel lyk giving smone an E-slap

1 Like

Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by OMA4U(m): 8:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Infomizer: I have learnt to appreciate the little I know. The ignorance on display here by folks is heart-wrenching. I also appreciate the very intelligent people that have taught me a thing or two, so tis a mixed feeling thingy. Thanks y'all. Nairaland rocks.

Yeah, it's a mixed feeling thingy. That's it
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by OMA4U(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2013
fabulousfortune: The negative effect it's having on me is dat I'm learning bad things embarassed
Bad things like?
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by OMA4U(m): 8:40am On Nov 08, 2013
Chomzy19: D opinions here on nairaland mainly in d politics, Romance n family section is Acidic n very Toxic to d human mind... In d politics section u'll think there is an actual n very real hatred btw d yorubas n igbos in d family n romance sections well d kind of opinions n things u see there cld rewire ones mentality into sth very spiteful n hateful of d opposite sex

ofcourse i try to stay out of those forums as much as possible n stay in d more educative forums, Biz, property, Auto, fashion, food, investment etc, but d few times I do go there i always feel lyk giving smone an E-slap

It's true, but I see it as difference in opinions. You know, what seems to be right to you may be someone else most wrongful things. And it's all because we see things from different perspectives.

I think you just have to learn to accomodate others, abi?
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Chomzy19(f): 9:04am On Nov 08, 2013
OMA4U:

It's true, but I see it as difference in opinions. You know, what seems to be right to you may be someone else most wrongful things. And it's all because we see things from different perspectives.

I think you just have to learn to accomodate others, abi?
Well yes we hv to accomodate others opinion buh i'm most concernd abt d hate filled in most of those threads, nt d opinions buh d venom filld in d opinions. A person cld give an opinion without sounding so spiteful n bitter towards a particular set of d society. It is dangerous for d mind esp for d minds of individuals whom are easily swayed to keep reading such things
Re: What Are The Positive And Negative Effects Nairaland Is Having On You by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
OMA4U:
Bad things like?
U won't understand grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Will Make You Classify Someone As "Big Boy/guy/lady/girl"? / Nigeria Fastest Runner Blessing Okagbare Talks About The Man In Her Life (photo / Faces Of Popular Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.