Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Closed now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closed now (2846 Views)

Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship? / Why Do Women Remain In Terrible And Abusive Marriages? / 12 Things Women Do Better Than Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed now by ediemafio(m): 5:19am On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks for your comments.. I have had to delete as it has been here for nearly 10 years..

Thabkyou

1 Like

Re: Closed now by quivah(f): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio: ,[size=14pt]I have never heard that in Nigeria a man brought a woman into d matrimonial home and locked the wife away or that a man locked his wife away,[/size]my heart is so bitter because one of my clients and very gud naija friend has just been sentenced over his deceased wife's madness.
er some people can lie to justify their claims enh! You must have been hearing tales of naija in wonderland cheesy

But really,wah are you saying? I dont get!!

2 Likes

Re: Closed now by ITbomb(m): 6:41am On Nov 08, 2013
If you work in an establishment that has a woman as a head , you will hate women . Given power they always try so hard to show you how powerful they are and in everything , they overdo
80% of them though

2 Likes

Re: Closed now by ediemafio(m): 8:00am On Nov 08, 2013
ITbomb: If you work in an establishment that has a woman as a head , you will hate women . Given power they always try so hard to show you how powerful they are and in everything , they overdo
80% of them though

Exactly my point brother.Thank goodness you see my points
Re: Closed now by ediemafio(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2013
quivah:
er some people can lie to jistify their claim enh! You must have been hearing tales of naija in wonderland cheesy

But really,wah are you saying? I dont get!!

Dear,this was not a lie,it was fully investigated and i was part of his defence team.Just that under the data protection Act,i owe him a duty of confidentiality,else i wud av given d name and u can google it.As unbelievable as these things sound,they are happening at an alarming rate,especially in U.K..
Did u know that U.K has a higher number of severe domestic violence than Nigeria? and many other European countries?google 'UK man Murders wife' and c how man stories u'll find and d reasons for such heartles behaviours,then u'll c where i am coming from
Re: Closed now by pickabeau1: 8:16am On Nov 08, 2013
No gender has the monopoly of violence

Break the cycle now ...

1 Like

Re: Closed now by b3llo(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Women in power whether little or much abuse it. I know of a woman who is S̤̥̈̊o̲̣̥ ambitious, she is married to a Police boss. All those people inferior to her husband in rank feared her than him. Any little thing she will want to detain the person that did her wrong, she has no mercy. What if she is wielding the power of her husband, what will she become? #SMH for her
Re: Closed now by Chimezie198(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2013
Na woman give me fufu to swallow for midnight
Imagin dat kind punishment in disguise
Re: Closed now by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 08, 2013
Our society is a violent one. Parents will beat children, husband will beat wife, wife will beat househelp, police will beat civilian, soldier will beat police, mob will kill innocent people. Violence is acceptable in our society.

You also see that anyone who has authority or any advantage over another person thinks it is for personal use. Nigerian men and women are both equally abusive. The woman will abuse verbally the man will respond with a slap. If the woman were physically stronger then she will be the chief oppressor!
Re: Closed now by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio:

Dear,this was not a lie,it was fully investigated and i was part of his defence team.Just that under the data protection Act,i owe him a duty of confidentiality,else i wud av given d name and u can google it.As unbelievable as these things sound,they are happening at an alarming rate,especially in U.K..
Did u know that U.K has a higher number of severe domestic violence than Nigeria? and many other European countries?google 'UK man Murders wife' and c how man stories u'll find and d reasons for such heartles behaviours,then u'll c where i am coming from

You are comparing UK statistics with Nigeria's?!! Nigeria a country that can't provide accurate census data? Okay oo

1 Like

Re: Closed now by crackhaus: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Here we go with another 'round argument' session today...
OP, you're right that women can be abusive and then some more. It is also known that men are abusive as well.

Now after all your talk, I was expecting you offer up some preventive and/or pro-active measures that can curb the endless cycle of abuse being perpetrated by both men and women...but you didn't do that!
What you're really doing here is warming up the stage for another battle of the sexes today where endless arguments, insults and counter-insults will be thrown around with no points or solutions being made.

You can start by telling the rest of us what you think should be done about women who abuse their wards and/or spouses, then we can have a decent discussion without choosing sides based on gender.

I'll be back in a few to see if what I think you're going to say is what you're really going to say.

1 Like

Re: Closed now by quivah(f): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Closed now by quivah(f): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio:

edie_mafio: [size=14pt]I have never heard that in Nigeria a man brought a woman into d matrimonial home and locked the wife away or that a man locked his wife away[/size],my heart is so bitter because one of my clients and very gud naija friend has just been sentenced over his deceased wife's madness.

[size=14pt] ^^ thats wah im talking about..
Some nigerian men bring their mistresses to their matrimonial homes..
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Closed now by ediemafio(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
crackhaus: Here we go with another 'round argument' session today...
OP, you're right that women can be abusive and then some more. It is also known that men are abusive as well.

Now after all your talk, I was expecting you offer up some preventive and/or pro-active measures that can curb the endless cycle of abuse being perpetrated by both men and women...but you didn't do that!
What you're really doing here is warming up the stage for another battle of the sexes today where endless arguments, insults and counter-insults will be thrown around with no points or solutions being made.

You can start by telling the rest of us what you think should be done about women who abuse their wards and/or spouses, then we can have a decent discussion without choosing sides based on gender.

I'll be back in a few to see if what I think you're going to say is what you're really going to say.
The only solution is to strip women of certain unnecessary privileges/power that would'nt affect their human rights. Since nature is already on their side n they r so intoxicated with power.if a woman doesnt have d ability to enforce her irrational behaviour, trust mw, homes will last longer..
Re: Closed now by ediemafio(m): 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2013

The only solution is to strip women of certain unnecessary privileges/power that would'nt affect their human rights. Since nature is already on their side n they r so intoxicated with power.if a woman doesnt have d ability to enforce her irrational behaviour, trust mw, homes will last longer..
Re: Closed now by crackhaus: 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio:
Okay, valid point! But you do realize from the bolded that you can't sepatate stripping a person's privileges/powers without trampling on their human rights/
Re: Closed now by ediemafio(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
crackhaus:
Okay, valid point! But you do realize from the bolded that you can't sepatate stripping a person's privileges/powers without trampling on their human rights/
Actually not bro.in nig. every body has rights,if u get divorced,a man is usually expected to support the kids financially,he will be fully involved in the children's everyday life,the mother cannot make very serious decisions about the kids without the father's consent,everybody is just carried along,i dont see how this trample's on women's rights.On the other hand,In U.K for eg,did you know that there is no such thing as parental right in English law,ppl often mistake parental responsiblity to parental right,what this means when intepreted is that,the father of the child does not necessarily have rights over the child,He has a responsibility to contribute financially but that does not necessarily give him rights to see or make decisions for the child,infact,women who re-marry are now going to court to give their kids the surname of their new husband,citing that it affects them psychologically when children in one house hold bear different surnames..The list is endless bro.
Re: Closed now by Kanwulia: 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Given that MOST women are nurturers. . . It only means that women can ONLY become abusive if they LEARNED TO BE ABUSIVE . . .from the MEN in their lives! A woman that was raised with love and respect. . . .trust and THE UTMOST SENSE OF BELONGING. . .can never be abusive. . . .UNLESS SHE IS SICK IN THE HEAD. . . .!

Just like MEN LEARNED TO BE ABUSIVE FROM THEIR FATHERS! kiss BIG THUGS. . . BREED PHOCKING LITTLE THUGS! kiss

BEHOLD! THE LEGACY OF DYSFUNCTION IN THE BLACK RACE!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0w9iG5TqaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW5a57B3CCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qje0Ior6Wj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcrbJ7mlObw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOJZ9seUkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Mh62vmZR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdaKDbSpPSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1lQOxLUtU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujyoEG5XQQ

2 Likes

Re: Closed now by coogar: 11:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
ITbomb: If you work in an establishment that has a woman as a head , you will hate women . Given power they always try so hard to show you how powerful they are and in everything , they overdo
80% of them though

if given the opportunity, women woukd have crashed this planet. grin they are equally as aggressive & abusive as the men but they rarely forgive. while they might look weak & fragile, watch out for the passive aggressive behaviour in them.
Re: Closed now by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
Exactly what I wanted to say
At least we know how to advice abused women
OP pls what do suggest that abused men do?
Thanks. Cos your advice might help a brother not to die from hypertention.

Re: Closed now by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio:
what kind of priviledges.

1 Like

Re: Closed now by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
edie_mafio:
Actually not bro.in nig. every body has rights,if u get divorced,a man is usually expected to support the kids financially,he will be fully involved in the children's everyday life,the mother cannot make very serious decisions about the kids without the father's consent,everybody is just carried along,i dont see how this trample's on women's rights.On the other hand,In U.K for eg,did you know that there is no such thing as parental right in English law,ppl often mistake parental responsiblity to parental right,what this means when intepreted is that,the father of the child does not necessarily have rights over the child,He has a responsibility to contribute financially but that does not necessarily give him rights to see or make decisions for the child,infact,women who re-marry are now going to court to give their kids the surname of their new husband,citing that it affects them psychologically when children in one house hold bear different surnames..The list is endless bro.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Closed now by troy20(m): 12:07am On Nov 09, 2013
crackhaus:
your arguments are disapointing.peharps if you were married or had more experience with women you would be objective.and you wont make comments here just to impress the females and earn a few likes.
Re: Closed now by crackhaus: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2013
troy20:
your arguments are disapointing.peharps if you were married or had more experience with women you would be objective.and you wont make comments here just to impress the females and earn a few likes.
You again, with the same gaddem accusations.
Listen dude, don't hound me by making sentimental claims...you know nothing about me, dig it?

Just listen to yourself preach on about objectivity when you're clearly the one who stated your opinions based on the subjectivity of being male, and you got the nerve to say I'm not objective...are you dense?

Okay now that we all know you got the most experience with 'abusive' women to be the 'objective' one, have you ever tried to understand why you're abused by these your so-called plenty women?

Do you think a man with a sense of himself and worth, with confidence and esteem gets mentally/emotionally affected by his wife's/gf's emotional abuse?
Do you think I haven't being in relationships where my girl throws insults around and tries to raise her voice to the point of giving me a nervous breakdown?
Yea well, I have...and I didn't get physical in retaliation.

If you justify hitting a woman because she abused you emotionally or whatever, then you're a wimp...and if you 'Mr-i-am-experienced' do not still know how to handle your women without getting physical, then I wonder what this your experience has taught you so far/

Please don't make assumptions about me again, be cool.

1 Like

Re: Closed now by troy20(m): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2013
crackhaus:
You again, with the same gaddem accusations.
Listen dude, don't hound me by making sentimental claims...you know nothing about me, dig it?

Just listen to yourself preach on about objectivity when you're clearly the one who stated your opinions based on the subjectivity of being male, and you got the nerve to say I'm not objective...are you dense?

Okay now that we all know you got the most experience with 'abusive' women to be the 'objective' one, have you ever tried to understand why you're abused by these your so-called plenty women?

Do you think a man with a sense of himself and worth, with confidence and esteem gets mentally/emotionally affected by his wife's/gf's emotional abuse?
Do you think I haven't being in relationships where my girl throws insults around and tries to raise her voice to the point of giving me a nervous breakdown?
Yea well, I have...and I didn't get physical in retaliation.

If you justify hitting a woman because she abused you emotionally or whatever, then you're a wimp...and if you 'Mr-i-am-experienced' do not still know how to handle your women without getting physical, then I wonder what this your experience has taught you so far/

Please don't make assumptions about me again, be cool.
buddy why are you getting all aggressive and defensive.your angry comment has testosteron all over it.did you ever see anywhere i supported physical abuse?why do you make me feel like i'm responding to an abusive lady? Well you may be one but take it easy ok? there are alot of bi-polar people like you too.be gentle.i apologize if my earliar comment was too blunt ok?
Re: Closed now by crackhaus: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2013
edie_mafio:
You make a good point with the English Law supporting parental responsibility over parental right, I myself wouldn't want my child bearing another man's surname...I can hurt someone for doing that, but as you say bro, it is the 'Law'...a BULLSh1T law in my opinion.

For the sake of being more clear, I never insinuated women are not abusive, I was trying to understand why you say their privileges/powers should be reduced.
Maybe you should list some of these privileges/powers that should be stripped off women to ground them more.

2 Likes

Re: Closed now by crackhaus: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
troy20:
buddy why are you getting all aggressive and defensive.your angry comment has testosteron all over it.did you ever see anywhere i supported physical abuse?why do you make me feel like i'm responding to an abusive lady? Well you may be one but take it easy ok? there are alot of bi-polar people like you too.be gentle.i apologize if my earliar comment was too blunt ok?
Guy man, that's not aggression/

You quoted me on Lorretta's thread the other day saying nearly the exact same thing you did here.
I ignored you then, and I wasn't about to ignore you again since it's clear you have a problem with my opinion on this issue of marital/spousal abuse.

Now that you're trying to be cool again, why don't you state exactly what your stand is on abuse (whether by male or female), although your aversion to my opinion already tells me where you stand.
Re: Closed now by o42austino(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
edie_mafio:
Actually not bro.in nig. every body has rights,if u get divorced,a man is usually expected to support the kids financially,he will be fully involved in the children's everyday life,the mother cannot make very serious decisions about the kids without the father's consent,everybody is just carried along,i dont see how this trample's on women's rights.On the other hand,In U.K for eg,did you know that there is no such thing as parental right in English law,ppl often mistake parental responsiblity to parental right,what this means when intepreted is that,the father of the child does not necessarily have rights over the child,He has a responsibility to contribute financially but that does not necessarily give him rights to see or make decisions for the child,infact,women who re-marry are now going to court to give their kids the surname of their new husband,citing that it affects them psychologically when children in one house hold bear different sutrnames..The list is endless bro.
Hmmmm women ooo. u mean that a woman can go before a judge, asking to change the surname of a child that she had for her previous husband to his new man surname ?OMG! NA DIE THE WOMAN DEY LOOK 4.
Re: Closed now by troy20(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
crackhaus:
Guy man, that's not aggression/

You previously quoted me on Lorretta's thread the other day saying nearly the exact same thing you said in the original post where you quoted me here again. I ignored you then, and I wasn't about to do that again here since it's clear that you have a problem with my opinions on this issue of marital/spousal abuse.

Now that you're trying to be cool again, why don't you state exactly what your stand is on abuse (whether by male or female), although your aversion to my opinion already tells me where you stand.
once again i re-emphasize that i do not support watever form of abuse be it female or male perhaps i wasnt objective enough for you in the other thread but the o.p understood my views.please dont mis-quote me
Re: Closed now by okpanachil: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
I used to be a strong advocate of this women are the weaker sex and should be protected cliché until very recently when a woman molested me in a cab because I was trying to protect her and her lil kid.

I had boarded the cab earlier and a few kilometers later the driver pulled over to pick her. I saw she had a baby of about 6 months with her so been the person sitting by the car door, I came out so she would go in but she declined. I thought she had changed her mind about joining the cab not knowing she had her reservations about sitting in between guys because she claimed was married. Well the driver asked me to come in and shut the door which I did. While I was having this argument/re-orientation with another passenger on the propriety or otherwise of a woman with a baby sitting by the car door the driver went and convinced her to use the other door, lo and behold the moment she came in, she crossed over two passengers who were sitting in between us and jacked my shirt, and was threatening to slap me, I was shocked so I quickly did a memory recall of my discussion with the other passenger to remember if I had said anything ugly but I couldn't remember any. I remembered telling the passenger I was discussing with that if she feels so strongly about sitiing at the edge maybe she should ask her husband to get her a car. Even when the other passengers were teling her that I was actually trying to protect her, she was just bent on humiliating me.

At some point I had a very good mind to head butt her because I had forgotten about the fact that this was a lady, and her grip was so firm she had crumpled my shirt and was choking me, all I felt then was that I was been challenged by another man. She kept telling me I didn't know her that she would deal with me she went as far as insulting my mum; a woman she didn't know and whom she doesn't even hold a candle near.

I was boiling with rage but the other passengers kept appealing to me not to react. Thank God for his mercies I kept my cool even though at some point I felt like crying.

Now my question is this?Since we all talk bout protecting women and all who protects us men from women of this kind?

2 Likes

Re: Closed now by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
okpanachil:
Now my question is this?Since we all talk bout protecting women and all who protects us men from women of this kind?

Protect yourself. I have no problem with self defense.
Re: Closed now by igbonla(m): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
Wondering how you would react if it was your wife that did that? And she may be doing it everyday of the year!

okpanachil:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Posts Facebook Video Of Her Beating Teen Daughter / Is Your Birthday The Day You Were Really Born ? It Usually Is Not / Dis My 3 Boys No Go Kill Moi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.