Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,268 members, 7,853,324 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:26 PM

So You Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So You Believe In God? (593 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So You Believe In God? by Orikinla(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2013
So you believe in God?
But your lifestyle shows the contrary.
It is a BIG LIE to say you believe in God, but you manifest the best attributes and characteristics of the devil whose lifestyle is doing evil.
Cheating, cursing, swearing at people in anger, arrogance and ignorance, telling lies, jealous, envious, stealing directly and indirectly, killing directly and indirectly, greedy and wicked.
You owe and refuse to pay your debts.
You are a false accuser and do other bad., evil and wicked things against others.
And to worsen your predicament, YOU REfUSE TO REPENT and continue to live in denial of the truth that condemns you, living a fake life of conceit and deceit.
You are what you do and as you can see, what you do is what you believe.
And since what you do is contrary to what God has commanded us to do, you have shown that you don't believe in God.
So, stop fooling yourself, because you cannot fool God.
And until you repent, your prayer is nothing, but an abomination to God.
Your eye service and lip service cannot impress God.

[size=18pt]Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
~ Galatians 6:7, King James Version (KJV)

Galatians 6

Common English Bible (CEB)
Caring and sharing

6 Brothers and sisters, if a person is caught doing something wrong, you who are spiritual should restore someone like this with a spirit of gentleness. Watch out for yourselves so you won’t be tempted too. 2 Carry each other’s burdens and so you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are important when they aren’t, they’re fooling themselves. 4 Each person should test their own work and be happy with doing a good job and not compare themselves with others. 5 Each person will have to carry their own load.

6 Those who are taught the word should share all good things with their teacher. 7 Make no mistake, God is not mocked. A person will harvest what they plant. 8 Those who plant only for their own benefit will harvest devastation from their selfishness, but those who plant for the benefit of the Spirit will harvest eternal life from the Spirit. 9 Let’s not get tired of doing good, because in time we’ll have a harvest if we don’t give up. 10 So then, let’s work for the good of all whenever we have an opportunity, and especially for those in the household of faith.
Final greeting

11 Look at the large letters I’m making with my own handwriting! 12 Whoever wants to look good by human standards will try to get you to be circumcised, but only so they won’t be harassed for the cross of Christ. 13 Those who are circumcised don’t observe the Law themselves, but they want you to be circumcised, so they can boast about your physical body.[a]

14 But as for me, God forbid that I should boast about anything except for the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. The world has been crucified to me through him, and I have been crucified to the world. 15 Being circumcised or not being circumcised doesn’t mean anything. What matters is a new creation. 16 May peace and mercy be on whoever follows this rule and on God’s Israel.

17 From now on, no one should bother me because I bear the marks of Jesus on my body.

18 Brothers and sisters, may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Footnotes:

Galatians 6:13 In Gk the word traditionally rendered as flesh is rendered here as physical body, but it has a wide range of meaning. Gal 5:13-25; 6:8, 12 contain nine close occurrences of the same word in Gk, but it is rendered as selfish in regard to impulses, desires, motives, or benefit, and human standards in 6:12.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: So You Believe In God? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Orikinla: So you believe in God? But your lifestyle shows the contrary. It is a BIG LIE to say you believe in God, but you manifest the best attributes and characteristics of devil. Cheating, cursing, swearing at people in anger, arrogance and ignorance, telling lies, jealous, envious, stealing directly and indirectly, killing directly and indirectly, greedy and wicked. You owe and refuse to pay your debts. You are a false accuser and do other bad., evil and wicked things against others. And to worsen your predicament, YOU REfUSE TO REPENT and continue to live in denial of the truth that condemns you, living a fake life of conceit and deceit. You are what you do and as you can see, what you do is what you believe. And since what you do is contrary to what God has commanded us to do, you have shown that you don't believe in God. So, stop fooling yourself, because you cannot fool God. And until you repent, your prayer is nothing, but an abomination to God. Your eye service and lop service cannot impress God.
How does a belief in God lead to doing good?

To be godly doesn't mean to be good.
Re: So You Believe In God? by anthoniosp(m): 8:22am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

oga u well so??
Re: So You Believe In God? by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 08, 2013
anthoniosp: oga u well so??

Ask your m**.
Re: So You Believe In God? by Orikinla(m): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Apparently you don't know God.
Read Matthew, chapters 7 and 25 and then read the following from God Himself in 1 John 4.

[size=18pt]1 John 4

Common English Bible (CEB)
Testing the spirits

4 Dear friends, don’t believe every spirit. Test the spirits to see if they are from God because many false prophets have gone into the world. 2 This is how you know if a spirit comes from God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come as a human[a] is from God, 3 and every spirit that doesn’t confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and is now already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and you have defeated these people because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world. So they speak from the world’s point of view and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. The person who knows God listens to us. Whoever is not from God doesn’t listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Love and God

7 Dear friends, let’s love each other, because love is from God, and everyone who loves is born from God and knows God. 8 The person who doesn’t love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how the love of God is revealed to us: God has sent his only Son into the world so that we can live through him. 10 This is love: it is not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son as the sacrifice that deals with our sins.

11 Dear friends, if God loved us this way, we also ought to love each other. 12 No one has ever seen God. If we love each other, God remains in us and his love is made perfect in us. 13 This is how we know we remain in him and he remains in us, because he has given us a measure of his Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the savior of the world. 15 If any of us confess that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in us and we remain in God. 16 We have known and have believed the love that God has for us.

God is love, and those who remain in love remain in God and God remains in them. 17 This is how love has been perfected in us, so that we can have confidence on the Judgment Day, because we are exactly the same as God is in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear expects punishment. The person who is afraid has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love because God first loved us. 20 If anyone says, I love God, and hates a brother or sister, he is a liar, because the person who doesn’t love a brother or sister who can be seen can’t love God, who can’t be seen. 21 This commandment we have from him: Those who claim to love God ought to love their brother and sister also.[/size]

Now if you love a brother and a sister, would you cheat, lie, steal, kill, deceive, mislead and do other horrible and terrible things to him and her?
But you do all these bad and evil things daily in our private and business relationships and say you believe in God?
God says HOW CAN YOU HATE YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER AND THEN SAY YOU LOVE GOD?
AND HOW CAN YOU LOVE GOD, EXCEPT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM?
Please read what Jesus Christ commended in Matthew 7 and 25.
If you fail to do what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7 and 25, then you don't believe in God.
You are a liar as God said in the testimony in I John 4.
Re: So You Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Exactly, that is the problem with modern day religion, its just like theway of the pharisees, fraught with hypocrisy... believing in God alone wont take you to heaven.. l know christins who go to church evryday, as soon as church closes, they drop their bible and do just as they please... some muslims dont joke 2with their prayers they as munch times a day as possible and go back to violence as soon prayer ends... it is better to be an unbliever thn one who believes the word and doesnt live by it... hence the bible says in revelation 3:15-16 " i know ur works, you are neither hot nor cold, so, because you are neither hot nor cold, id spit you out of my mouth"..
A story was told of a man chasing his enemy with a sword on a horse, when he had almost caught up with him, he heard the call for prayer, alighted his horse, spread his mat and prayed, as soon as he was through he climbed back on, picked his sword and continued chasing his enemy... That is no religion, that is hypocrisy....
Re: So You Believe In God? by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]Being good does not derive from a believe in 'God' sir ! Being good is a result of the SOCIAL EVOLUTION of the human species!

Most crimes against humanity in history have been commited by men of God in the name of a silent and acquiescing 'God ' who stood silent in the face of wrong accusations and perpetration of unspeakable injustices!.....

King Henry 8 of England killed Anne Boleyn on account of trumped up charges so he could marry a new wife.....in the process he established the ANGLICAN CHURCH !! He killed several others too. It took the people of England to stand up to their kings for them to have the kind of government they have today ....and we all want to go their now shey !!!!

My point Good
Re: So You Believe In God? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2013
^^^
A good example and one most Christians would relate with is David. David, that slayer and killer of men, both great and small, turned out to be the apple of God's eyes. Even God like bad men. grin grin grin
Re: So You Believe In God? by tobechi74: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2013
Good,epistle

i have always said that goodness is justified by our actions,the way we relate with each other and not by street evangelism.

How can you serve God whom you do not see when you dont serve human whom you see.

Action speaks louder than voice. Ouur actions should reflect christ .

Being a christian doesnt really guarantee goodness. Some atheist are more christ-like.
Re: So You Believe In God? by anthoniosp(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:

Ask your m**.
hey my main man.. amanfrmmars remember me?? hehehee.. moderator a letter for you?? so u dn dey fynd wahala again abi?? make una no answer am ooh na corect xtian e be ..e jst wan dey argue
Re: So You Believe In God? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 08, 2013
Re: So You Believe In God? by anthoniosp(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
aManFromMars:
come oooh one of ur followers wer wan fynd trouble no sabi do am..com hlp d guy na..he is looking pitiable hia ooh
www.nairaland.com/1504695/why-believe-jesus/1#19393474

(1) (Reply)

Is Adam And Eve In Hell? / Rhapsody Of Realities WEDNESDAY. DECEMBER 4TH,2013· / Church Administration Resources Now Available !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.