Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? (491 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? by Sammiejokes(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2013
IMAGINE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION IN OUR EDUCATION CURRICULLUM
I was with my Pastor yesterday and he told me about an encounter he had with a senator.
Senator: I like to let you know that Nigerians allows the politicians to be corrupt and if Nigerians don't stop it it will never stop. He said I will ask you a question that everyone I ask always fail
Pastor: I assure you I will answer correctly
Senator: Tell how many ward are in your constituency? and what ward are you?
Pastor: dumbfounded
Senator: You see an Average Nigerian does not know anything about government, the Constitution and we know nothing about our rights as Nigerians.
My pastor said from that day Nigerian Constitution became his second Bible and he has used it in many instances with Police and FRSC officials. Don't be surprised even most para military officials don't know a dime about the constitution.He even said there is also a welfare package for every one in a particular constituency.
Please I want us as Nigerians to know our right, Its possible to be a professor and know nothing about the Nigerian Constitution, Lets push for it to be in our educational curriculums, our generations to come must be liberated. Good Governance does not start by all these political parties gigantic Manifesto. please let us read and know the rights that govern Us as a Nation.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? by DarryOsh(m): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2013
I totally agree with u. Not only the constitution, we need to re-introduce history as a core subject. The kids of nowadays know nothing of Nigeria's history but they can list the names of al J-Lo's ex boyfriends.

Subjects like these( history and constitution ) have the tendency to be considered boring but the residual knowledge would help our citizens in the long run
Re: Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? by dryakson(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
I wonder oo
Maybe that's why we violate the rules and regulations in Nigeria
Re: Why Is Nigeria Constitution Not Taught In Schools? by Richiez(m): 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Good question! I hope to see good answers as well

(1) (Reply)

Guyz Pls!, I Need Advice.. / Boko Haram: Kogi State Varsity, ASUU Disown Arrested Lecturer / Re-opening Of Universities: OAU Students Desert Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.