Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola (1035 Views)

Will PDP Senators Also Follow Saraki To Supreme Court? / CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court / PDP Goes Tough On Governors Who Want To Go To Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Omooba77: 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
The Peoples Democratic Party has said it will proceed to the Supreme Court to challenge Wednesday’s Appeal Court’s reinstatement of former Osun State governor, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, as its National Secretary.

The Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Abdullahi Jalo, disclosed this to newsmen in Gombe on Friday.

Jalo said a legal team of the party was already preparing papers to appeal the judgment, adding that Oyinlola would not be sworn-in.

He said, “Now, we are going to apply for a stay of execution. Oyinlola should not be allowed to even go close to Wadata Plaza, the national secretariat of the party. He cannot go there; we are appealing against the decision.

“We respect what the judiciary has done and it is an act of courage, and whoever is the Judge that did it, he did it within the premise of the law and we have taken it in good faith. But we are appealing against the decision of the court and this is the decision of PDP.”

On claims by the Alhaji Kawu Baraje-faction of the party that it had taken over Gombe State, Jalo dismissed it, saying it was contemptuous, because there was a court judgment nullifying the New PDP.

He said the National Publicity Secretary of the faction, Chief Chukwuemeka Eze, who was credited with the claim, was neither in Gombe nor knew Gombe and was therefore not qualified to make statements on the state.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by oasis01(m): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
It's like these chaps are confused.complicating issues the more.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Trut(m): 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Let them keep fighting themselves.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by DerideGull(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Everything out of Nigeria seems idiotic including the courts. Why would a court tell a group of likeminded individuals who should lead them and in what capacity? What law dictates to a political party how to change its leadership?
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by 0monnakoda: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
DerideGull: Everything out of Nigeria seems idiotic including the courts. Why would a court tell a group of likeminded individuals who should lead them and in what capacity? What law dictates to a political party how to change its leadership?
You are not very bright are you?
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by DerideGull(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
0monnakoda: You are not very bright are you?

Mr. Bright, do parties not have guiding documents? Courts can not force individual on a group of people. Olagunsoye Oyinlola can not be a National Secretary of the political party when the party members do not want him in that capacity.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Demdem(m): 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
When the court asked Oyinlola to vacate his seat he was elected to, the killer party didn't wait for Oyinlolas appeal to be heard before swearing in a new person. Why wait for appeal to supreme court before bringing oyinlola back?
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by nduchucks: 12:11am On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Courts can not force individual on a group of people. Olagunsoye Oyinlola can not be a National Secretary of the political party when the party members do not want him in that capacity.

Mr. Gull, I think you should educate yourself about the political process in Nigeria before making patently false statements like the one above. If the courts cannot do what you inferred, why do you think there has been a court case in the first place? If the lawsuit were frivolous it would have been thrown out by now.

For you sake and for the sake of your dear party PDP/APGA, you better hope that the supreme court does not rule against PDP. My sources say that even the supreme court is tired of the clueless one and his accompanying needful doers. The court is poised to reinstate Oyinlola.

When that happens, even you should start considering joining Buhari and APC.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by tomakint: 12:18am On Nov 09, 2013
Oyinlola case is history! There is no way the Osun-born Prince can ever be re-instated in PDP, he should be the secretary in his new PDP or else what happened at the Rivers State House of Assembly will be child's play
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 09, 2013
ok so what next?
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by nduchucks: 12:44am On Nov 09, 2013
tomakint: Oyinlola case is history! There is no way the Osun-born Prince can ever be re-instated in PDP, he should be the secretary in his new PDP or else what happened at the Rivers State House of Assembly will be child's play

lol, I suppose this is your own version of "Dogs and baboons are certainly going to be soaked in blood soonest" threat.You people will hear wen, by the time all is said and done.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by tomakint: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

lol, I suppose this is your own version of "Dogs and baboons are certainly going to be soaked in blood soonest" threat.You people will hear wen, by the time all is said and done.
You still don't grab Ndu, Jonathan needs loyalists within his camp, not some set of 'double agents' like Oyinlola, Oni, Amaechi etc the die is cast already, there is no looking back! No, not your Buhari's version of 'Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in their blood'!
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by nduchucks: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
tomakint:
You still don't grab Ndu, Jonathan needs loyalists within his camp, not some set of 'double agents' like Oyinlola, Oni, Amaechi etc the die is cast already, there is no looking back! No, not your Buhari's version of 'Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in their blood'!

Indeed GEJ needs loyalists just as the other PDP leaders need loyalists. You are making my point for me - when the supreme court reinstates Oyinlola, GEJ will be done for. That is, unless he wishes to defy a supreme court order and risk consequences such as impeachment.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by tomakint: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Indeed GEJ needs loyalists just as the other PDP leaders need loyalists. You are making my point for me - when the supreme court reinstates Oyinlola, GEJ will be done for. That is, unless he wishes to defy a supreme court order and risk consequences such as impeachment.
Supreme Court will not be that stupid Ndu! Oyinlola was relieved of his post by an appellate court of the land in a justifying way, he sued them for redress claiming he was unjustly outed, now an appellate court had granted him his wish, a Supreme Court of the land will not be that stupid to tow the path of those nPDP marauders Ndu!
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by 0monnakoda: 2:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. Bright, do parties not have guiding documents? Courts can not force individual on a group of people. Olagunrysoye Oyinlola can not be a National Secretary of the political party when the party members do not want him in that capacity.
Mr Dull who registers parties. Is it Ohanaeze Is there a law governing party registration? Olagunsoye will be the National Secretary if the Supreme Court does not reverse this ruling.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
Not like I care for any party or individual but Surely, there's got to be something about PDP.
I thought the APC threw/had a bash begging these guys to join them.

I mean what's stopping these New PDP guys from forming a new party?

Buncha jokers!
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by DerideGull(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Mr. Gull, I think you should educate yourself about the political process in Nigeria before making patently false statements like the one above. If the courts cannot do what you inferred, why do you think there has been a court case in the first place? If the lawsuit were frivolous it would have been thrown out by now.

For you sake and for the sake of your dear party PDP/APGA, you better hope that the supreme court does not rule against PDP. My sources say that even the supreme court is tired of the clueless one and his accompanying needful doers. The court is poised to reinstate Oyinlola.

When that happens, even you should start considering joining Buhari and APC.

Is it only in Nigeria political parties operate? Why is Nigeria’s political process different from the one it claims to mimic? Political parties everywhere on earth have working documents, national executive committees and secretariats. If national or state political party office holder is found unacceptable to the political organization, such individual is removed from office through disciplinary mechanism setup by political party.

If the intended office holder does not like the decision of the party, he/she can join another political party or remain as independent or yet remain a loyal party member.

All these frivolous law suits in Nigeria stemming from disagreements with political party memebers tend to corrupt the judiciary system in my view.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by abuc: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
Oyinlola can no longer return as Main PDP National Secretary.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by DerideGull(m): 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
Mr Dull who registers parties. Is it Ohanaeze Is there a law governing party registration? Olagunsoye will be the National Secretary if the Supreme Court does not reverse this ruling.

I do not think the law that requires the registration of political parties also requires the structure of their executive office holders. Some political parties may decide not to have the office of National Secretary while others do. You have been a disappointment of late though.
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by 0monnakoda: 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

I do not think the law that requires the registration of political parties also requires the structure of their executive office holders. Some political parties may decide not to have the office of National Secretary while others do. You have been a disappointment of late though.
You are not a disappointment at all. I always expected you to be dull. So no surprises there
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by donphilopus: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
No Source??

Anyways, whether PDP likes it or not, the court has brought back Oyinlola to his office, so if they can't accept and tolerate him let them commit suicide
Re: PDP Goes To Supreme Court Against Oyinlola by nduchucks: 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
tomakint:
Supreme Court will not be that stupid Ndu! Oyinlola was relieved of his post by an appellate court of the land in a justifying way, he sued them for redress claiming he was unjustly outed, now an appellate court had granted him his wish, a Supreme Court of the land will not be that stupid to tow the path of those nPDP marauders Ndu!

Lawless folks who intend to break the law by saying that court rulings are stu pid or silly belong in jail. In the case of GEJ, if he ignores a supreme court ruling, he will pay dearly. As I said earlier, you all better hope that the supreme court does not rule against you.

DerideGull:
All these frivolous law suits in Nigeria stemming from disagreements with political party memebers tend to corrupt the judiciary system in my view.

The lawsuits are not frivolous. You people should learn to respect and obey the laws of the land. You and GEJ have no option in this case but to obey the impending supreme court ruling. GEJ and Tukur may very well end up being the leaders of nPDP, in what will be a remarkable turn of events.

(1) (Reply)

Is This Possible? / Ross Alabo-george: Why The FG Doesn’t Trust Amaechi’s Water Project / APC Cautions PDP Against Using Religion As Trump Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.