Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. (2383 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / October 1 Special: What Is The Strangest Thing You Have Ever Seen In Nigeria??? / Seen A More Diverse & Stunning Collection Of Nigerian Landscape Photos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
OK GUYS,
HAVE BEEN IN A STATE OF ELATED BLISS SINCE LAST NIGHT... smiley

YES! I SAW A SHOOTING STAR!!!! :O

HAVE BEEN WISHING AND WANTING TO SEE ONE FOR YEARS NOW, BT HAVENT BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH...WELL YDAY, WAS MY LUCKY DAY smiley

I WS AT D CHAPEL GROUND FOR D DAILY FELLOWSHIP HELD BY MY DEPARTMENT... AS ABOUT D TIME I WS LIFTING MY HEAD UP TO PRAY, THEN I SAW IT...AT FIRST I WAS DUMBFOUNDED AND SCARED, I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES! FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT I WAS ON SPACE smiley
AFTER IT DISAPPEARED I REALIZED IT WS A SHOOTING STAR!
SO CRAVING TO SEE IT AGAIN...
BTW I DIDNT RMBER TO MAKE ANY WISH...I DNT BLIV IN DT TRASH ANYWAY LOL...BT CUD POSSIBLY MAKE ONE, IF I GOT D OPPORTUNITY OF SIGHTING ONE AGAIN. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by suqexconcepts(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
O'girl, funny you.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
suqexconcepts: O'girl, funny you.
smiley

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY I GUESS?
IT FEELS GREAT...MY FAIRY TALE DREAMS R FINALLY COMING TO REALITY...smiley
JUST 1 MORE LEFT... wink
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Chazzyboy: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
I saw it long time ago but i made my wish immediately it left
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Chazzyboy: I saw it long time ago but i made my wish immediately it left
Oh! btw has it been granted? ur wish...
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Youngsage: 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
SpicyMimi:
smiley

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY I GUESS?
IT FEELS GREAT...MY FAIRY TALE DREAMS R FINALLY COMING TO REALITY...smiley
JUST 1 MORE LEFT... wink
Wow!! sounds cool... Any pics?
I'm happy for you o cheesy
well i don't think I have seen one yet, hope to see one also, want to experience it and so I can get to make that wish wouldn't think twice bout that... that's if it hasn't come to reality b4 then tho tongue
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by tpia5: 2:42am On Nov 09, 2013
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by dopeJemi: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2013
tpia@:
aint that a rainbow undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 2:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Youngsage:
Wow!! sounds cool... Any pics?
I'm happy for you o cheesy
well i don't think I have seen one yet, hope to see one also, want to experience it and so I can get to make that wish wouldn't think twice bout that... that's if it hasn't come to reality b4 then tho tongue
YOU WILL DEAR...BTW WT IS THAT WISH? wink OR IS WT AM THINKING? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 2:11am On Nov 12, 2013
tpia@:
HUMM...BEAUTY OF NATURE, BT WE R DISCUSSING ABT SHOOTING STARS HERE...I'D APPRECIATE IF U CUD POST A PIC OF A SHOOTING STAR ND NOT A RAINBOW THO.
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by igbsam(m): 10:51am On Nov 12, 2013
I see it almost on a daily basis mostly at night except when am not outside.....It became worrisome i had to tell my grandmom, she says some are not really stars, some indicates that someone just died and his/her star fell cos life is no longer there and she also said some are evil arrows being shot at a target person from the spiritual realm......I became dumfounded and still don't believe it. Superstitions
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 12:12am On Nov 16, 2013
LOL...SUPERSTITIONS THINGS!

YOU KNOW NAIJA NA! WE TAG EVERFN AS SPIRITUAL AND EVIL! WT ABT D AMERICANS? NA EVIL ARRROW TOO? BRO, DONT BLIV IN ALL THOSE TRASH..WE R IN D 21ST CENTURY MEHN! HENCE U SHUD START ENJOYING D BEAUTY OF NATURE. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by omograndma(m): 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2013
August 2011, out skirts of London, west drayton , middlesex. Luckily my neighbour knew about it prior to the event, and the jolly fellow had his camera waiting.
Waiting to see it in 9ja

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
omograndma: August 2011, out skirts of London, west drayton , middlesex. Luckily my neighbour knew about it prior to the event, and the jolly fellow had his camera waiting.
Waiting to see it in 9ja
Middlesex....I know the place, though haven't been there.. cheesy

Wooow! Wished I had a camera that same day, mine would ve been clearer...
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 04, 2014
It aint actually a star, its a phenomenon that happens when a meteor enters into the earth's atmosphere, friction occurs between air molecules and the meteor. Heat builds up and it ignites(this is when it becomes visible) ,and disappears when it burns out or leaves the earth's atmosphere. So ure actually wishing to a flying rock grin well who cares i also do it grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2014
godjohnson: It aint actually a star, its a phenomenon that happens when a meteor enters into the earth's atmosphere, friction occurs between air molecules and the meteor. Heat builds up and it ignites(this is when it becomes visible) ,and disappears when it burns out or leaves the earth's atmosphere. So ure actually wishing to a flying rock grin well who cares i also do it grin grin
loool...wow thanks for this, means alot. Read it up on google, but couldnt figure, you just made it simple and easy for me to understand. Thanks alot. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
SpicyMimi:
loool...wow thanks for this, means alot. Read it up on google, but couldnt figure, you just made it simple and easy for me to understand. Thanks alot. cheesy
am happy to be of help to you grin and if u have other questions about flying space rocks feel free to ask me wink
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
godjohnson: am happy to be of help to you grin and if u have other questions about flying space rocks feel free to ask me wink
wow really? I have many questions oo...i might just scare you away sef..lol i ve a strng passion for space, probably because it builds up the fear of God in me than usual.
I really wana know somethings....the earth is made up of stone or what? How far are the clouds frm the earth? Its the clouds inside the earth or above? I've seen pictures of earth, but what i dont understand is, are we inside the ball (earth) or just on it? I really want a good explanation, cause if we r inside the earth and its surrounded by stones, which of course its impossible then we can possibly get out, unless we ve to dig our way through....so if we are on top of the earth, where are the clouds? And how come d clouds are far frm the earth? When we get out of the clouds are we automatically on space? When we outter the earth, and we try looking back to the earth, what do we see? Clouds or? So many questions floodn in..though alike, bt am sure you should be able to figure out my points.
Sorry, but u typed earlier that i shud feel free wink, i stil got loads of questions oo..so get prepared. tongue
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 09, 2014
#looks left and right, jumps window and runs away# grin . I'd be back maybe tomorrow, too tired to type now

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:
wow really? I have many questions oo...i might just scare you away sef..lol i ve a strng passion for space, probably because it builds up the fear of God in me than usual.
I really wana know somethings....the earth is made up of stone or what? How far are the clouds frm the earth? Its the clouds inside the earth or above? I've seen pictures of earth, but what i dont understand is, are we inside the ball (earth) or just on it? I really want a good explanation, cause if we r inside the earth and its surrounded by stones, which of course its impossible then we can possibly get out, unless we ve to dig our way through....so if we are on top of the earth, where are the clouds? And how come d clouds are far frm the earth? When we get out of the clouds are we automatically on space? When we outter the earth, and we try looking back to the earth, what do we see? Clouds or? So many questions floodn in..though alike, bt am sure you should be able to figure out my points.
Sorry, but u typed earlier that i shud feel free wink, i stil got loads of questions oo..so get prepared. tongue
1. The earth is made up of about 70percent water,minerals and compounds.
2.The clouds are not very far frm earth,in fact they're kinda close. You can be above the clouds by climbing certain mountains.
3.the clouds are in the lower parts of the atmosphere and since the atmosphere is part of the earth, then i'd say they are inside thhe earth.
4.No we're not inside the ball(sphere) we are standing on it, then gravity does the job of preventing us from falling off the earth, it pulls us towards the centre of the earth. Thats why no matter how high you jump you would still come back down.
5.we dont have to dig grin we're standing on the outside of the earth, that explains why we can see the sun and stars(if we were inside we would'nt see them). If you're really interested in digging then am sure you'd wanna know that if you dig through the earth(not possible) you can jump into the hole and you'd come out @ another place on the earth.
6.we are on the earth, the outside of the earth is occupied with gasses(thats why we can breathe) called the atmosphere, so this atmosphere stretches for thousands of feet above the ground providing support for flying birds,planes and clouds. Clouds are composed of water in the gaseous form which is steam,and am sure u knw that steam rises when released into the air, so at the level clouds are its impossible for them to continue rising so they stay there and move about and sometimes fall as rain.so clouds are not on the earth but are hovering/floating above the surface.
7. When you go high enough to the extent that gravity can no longer pull you to the ground then you're in space.
8.when you're in outer space and you look back you'd see the earth the same way you see the moon, the only differences are that the earth has water so its bluish and it has clouds so some places are whitish, the same way u can't see the sun when its cloudy is the same way where you are can't be seen from space when its cloudy. Hope this was helpful

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Emmyk(m): 7:56am On Jan 09, 2014
I have seen shooting stars.... many times over the years.... It's amazing. smiley I try to show my friends...but it disappears before they see it. embarassed

I saw one last month sha. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tuntheycr7: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Thought you guyz are talking about shooting stars of Ibadan football club. undecided

Aint nothing like shootin stars o. But it seems Mr gudjohnson said it all.
They are meteorites..... grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tuntheycr7: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: It aint actually a star, its a phenomenon that happens when a meteor enters into the earth's atmosphere, friction occurs between air molecules and the meteor. Heat builds up and it ignites(this is when it becomes visible) ,and disappears when it burns out or leaves the earth's atmosphere. So ure actually wishing to a flying rock grin well who cares i also do it grin grin
Are you a geologist ?
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 9:50am On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: 1. The earth is made up of about 70percent water,minerals and compounds.
2.The clouds are not very far frm earth,in fact they're kinda close. You can be above the clouds by climbing certain mountains.
3.the clouds are in the lower parts of the atmosphere and since the atmosphere is part of the earth, then i'd say they are inside thhe earth.
4.No we're not inside the ball(sphere) we are standing on it, then gravity does the job of preventing us from falling off the earth, it pulls us towards the centre of the earth. Thats why no matter how high you jump you would still come back down.
5.we dont have to dig grin we're standing on the outside of the earth, that explains why we can see the sun and stars(if we were inside we would'nt see them). If you're really interested in digging then am sure you'd wanna know that if you dig through the earth(not possible) you can jump into the hole and you'd come out @ another place on the earth.
6.we are on the earth, the outside of the earth is occupied with gasses(thats why we can breathe) called the atmosphere, so this atmosphere stretches for thousands of feet above the ground providing support for flying birds,planes and clouds. Clouds are composed of water in the gaseous form which is steam,and am sure u knw that steam rises when released into the air, so at the level clouds are its impossible for them to continue rising so they stay there and move about and sometimes fall as rain.so clouds are not on the earth but are hovering/floating above the surface.
7. When you go high enough to the extent that gravity can no longer pull you to the ground then you're in space.
8.when you're in outer space and you look back you'd see the earth the same way you see the moon, the only differences are that the earth has water so its bluish and it has clouds so some places are whitish, the same way u can't see the sun when its cloudy is the same way where you are can't be seen from space when its cloudy. Hope this was helpful
wooooooooooooow!! You just made my morning!!! shocked shocked
like seriously, am sooo impressed! You answered all in such a way that, cracking my brain to digest what am reading, like i do on google wasnt neccessary...i got the picture in a simple and a clearer way! Wooow!
Thanks so much!
Leme go and prepare other questions.. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2014
Emmyk: I have seen shooting stars.... many times over the years.... It's amazing. smiley I try to show my friends...but it disappears before they see it. embarassed

I saw one last month sha. smiley
wow...thats interesting! Always thought, it wasnt real..until i saw one. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Tuntheycr7: Thought you guyz are talking about shooting stars of Ibadan football club. undecided

Aint nothing like shootin stars o. But it seems Mr gudjohnson said it all.
They are meteorites..... grin
grin football Please dont even bring that boring ish here at all...lol
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 10:06am On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: 1. The earth is made up of about 70percent water,minerals and compounds.
just one question based on this before i move to another subject on space.

Since the earth is a sphere, and we are on the earth...do we occupy the whole sphere? Like even beneath?

And btw...i love the way you illustrated the answer for No.8 cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tolexander: 10:18am On Jan 09, 2014
Tuntheycr7:
Are you a geologist astronomer?
fixed!
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: am happy to be of help to you grin and if u have other questions about flying space rocks feel free to ask me wink

How long does it takes one to get out of the earth?
Do you think its possible to survive on planet Mars?
Then the rings around some planets, what are the significances of those rings?
And what are those things that takes place on space? Are there some other things we see on space apart from the planets, moons and stars?
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tuntheycr7: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2014
Tolexander: fixed!
An astronomer based majorly on planetries bodies. Such as stars, moon etc. And mind you its a branch of geology and base upon the answers he gave on 8 questions mimi asked.
Tolexander no find my trouble dis mawni o
undecided undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tolexander: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2014
Tuntheycr7:
An astronomer based majorly on planetries bodies. Such as stars, moon etc. And mind you its a branch of geology and base upon the answers he gave on 8 questions mimi asked.
Tolexander no find my trouble dis mawni o
undecided undecided
oga, farabale!

I only tried fixing your post base on what you quoted. I didn't even go on to view the thread cos you are on my following list.
You quoted the guy talking about meteors and i felt it will be more specific using astronomy than geology. Just like being more specific using biology for life than using science.

Guess am on your trouble list!
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Tuntheycr7:
Are you a geologist ?
Nope, just a science freak smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Manchineel – World’s Most Dangerous Tree, And Every Part Of It Is Deadly / Fire Outbreak At Ochanja Market Onitsha / Origin Of the Word "NAIJA"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.