Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. (2394 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / October 1 Special: What Is The Strangest Thing You Have Ever Seen In Nigeria??? / Seen A More Diverse & Stunning Collection Of Nigerian Landscape Photos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:
just one question based on this before i move to another subject on space.

Since the earth is a sphere, and we are on the earth...do we occupy the whole sphere? Like even beneath?

And btw...i love the way you illustrated the answer for No.8 cheesy
Tanx.
Nope we can't occupy the whole sphere, 70percent of it is covered by water,and artantica is way too cold for human beings so the only people there are there for research purposes.bt we occupy most of the space on the other continents(africa,asia etc)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:

How long does it takes one to get out of the earth?
Do you think its possible to survive on planet Mars?
Then the rings around some planets, what are the significances of those rings?
And what are those things that takes place on space? Are there some other things we see on space apart from the planets, moons and stars?
1. To get out of earth you'd have to move at 11.2 kilometers per second(escape velocity) which is approximately 34 times the speed of sound and with the atmosphere being about 100km-150km high then it should take about 13 seconds.
2. Yea you can survive on mars for maybe one or two minutes,with very little oxygen,extreme cold,with low atmospheric pressure,no food and intense radiation from the sun.your hair would turn white,your organs start to boil and they you'd explode cheesy, but with proper support systems a human may survive longer than that.
3. Rings are of no importance whatsoever ther're just particles of dust and rocks orbiting jupiter,saturn,uranus and neptune(the ones on saturn are the brightest and easiest to see).
4. Yea there are a lot more things constellations, galaxies, novas, supernovas,neutron stars, black-holes, comets, meteroids e.t.c There are many others to infinity yet to be explored and many unexplainable things that in space, God is truly awesome. I even heard that there's a cloud of alcohol in space grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tuntheycr7: 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Tolexander:
Guess am on your trouble favourite list!

grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: 1. To get out of earth you'd have to move at 11.2 kilometers per second(escape velocity) which is approximately 34 times the speed of sound and with the atmosphere being about 100km-150km high then it should take about 13 seconds.
2. Yea you can survive on mars for maybe one or two minutes,with very little oxygen,extreme cold,with low atmospheric pressure,no food and intense radiation from the sun.your hair would turn white,your organs start to boil and they you'd explode cheesy, but with proper support systems a human may survive longer than that.
3. Rings are of no importance whatsoever ther're just particles of dust and rocks orbiting jupiter,saturn,uranus and neptune(the ones on saturn are the brightest and easiest to see).
4. Yea there are a lot more things constellations, galaxies, novas, supernovas,neutron stars, black-holes, comets, meteroids e.t.c There are many others to infinity yet to be explored and many unexplainable things that in space, God is truly awesome. I even heard that there's a cloud of alcohol in space grin grin
awwwwwwh...you r such a sweetheart.
Based on No2, you mean one's hair could turn white? Like the grannies? Lol
then based on no.3, thanks for the enlightment o! So the ring consists of just dusts nd aricles orbiting round the planet? shocked wow! Awesome God!

Alcohol? shocked like, d clouds could pour down alcohol someday instead of water?
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: Tanx.
Nope we can't occupy the whole sphere, 70percent of it is covered by water,and artantica is way too cold for human beings so the only people there are there for research purposes.bt we occupy most of the space on the other continents(africa,asia etc)
What about the planets that got more than one moon orbiting around it, of what significances are the moons?

And please explain more on Global warming. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Tolexander: 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
Tuntheycr7:

grin grin
cool!
Smile!
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:
awwwwwwh...you r such a sweetheart.
Based on No2, you mean one's hair could turn white? Like the grannies? Lol
then based on no.3, thanks for the enlightment o! So the ring consists of just dusts nd aricles orbiting round the planet? shocked wow! Awesome God!

Alcohol? shocked like, d clouds could pour down alcohol someday instead of water?
hehe, you won't be needing your buckets grin the alcohol cloud is very far away from earth. And about the bleaching thing, if you leave a picture under direct sumlight for some days you'd notice that the colours would start to fade till they're barely visible, its the same process ;just that it happens much faster on mars
Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:
What about the planets that got more than one moon orbiting around it, of what significances are the moons?

And please explain more on Global warming. cheesy
extra moons have no significance, they're just there.
Then global warming is a phenomenon in which green house gasses e.g carbon di-oxide, prevent the escape of heat from the earth's atmosphere. Normally when heat from the sun hits the earth it is reflected back into space,but when excess carbon di-oxide builds up in the atmosphere it prevents the heat from escaping back into space and this makes the earth warmer.
I hope d global warming explanation is okay cos its easier to understand with the help of a diagram but unfortunately i can't provide one right now sad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by SpicyMimi(f): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
godjohnson: extra moons have no significance, they're just there.
Then global warming is a phenomenon in which green house gasses e.g carbon di-oxide, prevent the escape of heat from the earth's atmosphere. Normally when heat from the sun hits the earth it is reflected back into space,but when excess carbon di-oxide builds up in the atmosphere it prevents the heat from escaping back into space and this makes the earth warmer.
I hope d global warming explanation is okay cos its easier to understand with the help of a diagram but unfortunately i can't provide one right now sad
you ve no idea how helpful you ve been. Now i understand the reason for planting flowers and trees. Since plants breathe in carbon dioxide and breathes out oxygen, the carbon dioxide that builds up in the atmosphere wil defo reduce...right?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen A Shooting Star Before? Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
SpicyMimi:
you ve no idea how helpful you ve been. Now i understand the reason for planting flowers and trees. Since plants breathe in carbon dioxide and breathes out oxygen, the carbon dioxide that builds up in the atmosphere wil defo reduce...right?
yea thats right smiley,ure welcum

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Speak Big, Big Grammar - Hon. Obahiagbon / Look At A Unilag Student Wear To Church.. Will The Pastor Concentrate? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of BIAFRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.