Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,895 members, 7,866,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? (2285 Views)

Stephen Keshi Answers Goodluck Jonathan's Call As He Accepts Interim Eagles Job / Golden Eaglets To Get N2m Each - President Goodluck Jonathan / Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan Bans Super Eagles From All Competitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by taharqa: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: On the 10th of February 2013, Nigeria won the Africa Cup of Nations after waiting for 19 solid years. Today, Nigeria defeated Mexico to lift the Under-17 FIFA World Cup. Consequently, Nigeria, under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan, has won two prestigious football trophies in one calender year.

The question that comes to mind following this unprecedented feat is, what is in a name? Clearly this is not accidental.

If only the ENEMIES of progress and all those who have made certain sectors and parts of the country ungovernable will sheathe their swords, this same Goodluck will permeate all other sectors and Nigeria as a whole will see faster DEVELOPMENT.

Congratulations Nigerians!
To God be the glory!
God bless Nigeria!

More, more, more, more, more.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Put MORE fire for the yanssh of them HATERS.. ENEMIES of PROGRESSS...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Demdem(m): 12:07am On Nov 09, 2013
Jonathan has nothing to do with what transpired on the field of play.
Kudos strictly to the boys. Hardwork and not luck brought them to where they are now and not luck.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by tomakint: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2013
taharqa:

More, more, more, more, more.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Put MORE fire for the yanssh of them HATERS.. ENEMIES of PROGRESSS...
Kai, I still don't understand how some people can be filled to the brim with so much hatred on top someone's progress moreso when this hated figure is your President undecided indeed, even demons are nicer where some APC goons dey, I fit swear on top that one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by nduchucks: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Congrats to Nigerians including GEJ who provided an enabling environment for the success of the Eaglets.

Haveing said that, I must add that the laptop crew is exergetrating just a bit. I will start taking you people seriously when you can honestly admit a single mistake of GEJ's or when you are fired from your paying PR jobs, whichever happens first. Y'all remind me of the people the Yooba's call “Ole ntele Afa”. no be curse phrase o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 09, 2013
you must give credit to the rivers state government who allowed this guy to adequately prepare for this tournament and also use their stadium. as for gej me no know o.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by cKaiser: 2:48am On Nov 09, 2013
Nigeria won the u17, nations cup and Olympics and our first gold medal under abacha.

So Sani Abacha what's in a name

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 5:46am On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
All that long boring history just to dampen our celebration? The task before you is simple: show us any president/head of state under whose watch Nigeria won two trophies in the same year. No long story.

Meanwhile, the 1993 U-17 World Cup was won under the regime of Earnest Shonekan while 1994 AFCON was under Abacha
the tournament started on the 21st of august and ended on the 4th of september in Japan, 5days before
General Ibrahim Babangida stepped aside.

Under whose administration did they qualify?
Under whose administration did they travel to Japan for the tournament?
Who financed the wages of the players and coaching crew?

The 1996 edition of the olympic football event was won under the administration of General Sanni Abacha and in what way has it contradicted what i've aforementioned
tolexander: Ibrahim Babangida and
Sanni Abacha, what a very
nice name we have in you
cos those achievements
weren't accidental!

my point is that stop politicizing and polluting everything with your deluded mind.

Issue like this has been existing and nobody care under whose administration it happened, until now when you guys came on board to disturb our peace with bull sh1t.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2013
This op is a weed smoker and he shall surely sink with this government.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 6:04am On Nov 09, 2013
ilugunboy: Tolexander...

Nice one.... I enjoyed the way you effortlessly rubbished the OP.

arakunrin ilugun...

Don't mind the buffoonery of that buffoon, e just wan pour sand for our Garri with his insincerity.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 6:14am On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
All that long boring history just to dampen our celebration? The task before you is simple: show us any president/head of state under whose watch Nigeria won two trophies in the same year. No long story.
show us which year nigeria participated in 4 football tournaments.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2013
cKaiser: Nigeria won the u17, nations cup and Olympics and our first gold medal under abacha.

Liar! Nigeria did not win any Under-17 cup under Abacha.

More over, Abacha's govt was an illegal govt. That notwithstanding, no U-17 cup was won under that illegal govt. What we won while the illegality of Abacha lasted was Olympic football gold medal (1996) and nations cup (1994). We could have won more laurels in 1996 if the impostor, Abacha, had not stopped Nigeria from featuring at the South Africa, 1996, AFCON.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2013
Tolexander: show us which year nigeria participated in 4 football tournaments.
Exactly my point. It has never happened before. Whether you like it or not, there is always an element of goodluck in football. Sometimes, the best teams play all they can but still dont win.
Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2013
Demdem: Jonathan has nothing to do with what transpired on the field of play.
Kudos strictly to the boys. Hardwork and not luck brought them to where they are now and not luck.
When things go wrong, you blame GEJ but when things go well, you try to dissociate GEJ completly from it. You'r truely sick and hateful

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2013
jmaine: So Na World cup remain for us to Hijack in Brazil 2014 courtesy Good luck things tongue
Exactly. Even after all the hardwork, you still need goodluck.
Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Exactly my point. It has never happened before. Whether you like it or not, there is always an element of goodluck in football. Sometimes, the best teams play all they can but still dont win.
Goodluck Nigeria!
you and i have no common point man!

Why hadn't the luck helped us in;
the 2010 world cup in South Africa to pass the group stage?

In 2011 football tournaments?

2012 football tournaments?

So far we won 2 trophies in a year doesn't mean it is by dint of luck from the nation's president but hardwork from the teams and coaching crew.

If we are saying the same thing, then you will join me in giving accolades to abacha and babangida on the trophyies and even general muhamad buhari and shehu shagari by extension.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 09, 2013
Tolexander: you and i have no common point man!

So far we won 2 trophies in a year doesn't mean it is by dint of luck from the nation's president but hardwork from the teams and coaching crew.

If we are saying the same thing, then you will join me in giving accolades to abacha and babangida on the trophyies and even general muhamad buhari and shehu shagari by extension.
It is high time you let this lunatic be.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by abes(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
The same GEJ that abandoned the eagles at the nations cup final to beg his master Obj in London?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2013

Someone was president between 1999 and 2007. How many trophies did Nigeria win in that period?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Someone was president between 1999 and 2007. How many trophies did Nigeria win in that period?
what a confused fellow!

And did i mention anything about the tenure?

Moreover, a gold medal was won in Sydney 2000 olympic in Australia by the Nigerian 4*400m athletes. Has Nigeria won any gold in olympic since 2010?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 11:45am On Nov 09, 2013
tpacalipse: It is high time you let this lunatic be.
bro, let us make the guy understand that we aren't all fools!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Longeria(m): 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
cKaiser: Nigeria won the u17, nations cup and Olympics and our first gold medal under abacha.

U17 was under Shonekon Govt.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Longeria(m): 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2013

Foooool, how many trophies under IBB.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Pataki: 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Afam4eva banned me for 3 days. He succumbed to blackmail and pressure from Tinubu dogs. I added 4 days to the 3 days ban and took 1 week break off NL. I'm sure Tinubu dogs will be so glad to see me again

Sweet melody. You are going to get banned very soon again. Your foolishness is beyond redemption.

In the spirit of the idiotic topic here goes.........

Only a foooool relies on goodluck. Those young boys played football in true hardwork not goodluck.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us Boko Haram.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us unprecedented corruption.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us paralysis of the university education.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us kidnappers, suicide bombers, thieves, looters, and uncountable loss of lives across the nation.

Goodluck Jonathan> brought us air accidents never seen or heard before in this country.

What a name! What a disgrace, what a curse!

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Tolexander: 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
Longeria: Foooool, how many trophies under IBB.
this is the gathering for the homo sapiens. You can carry yourself with your questions to Pongo pygmaeus gathering where you belong.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pataki:

Sweet melody. You are going to get banned very soon again. Your foolishness is beyond redemption.

In the spirit of the idiotic topic here goes.........

Only a foooool relies on goodluck. Those young boys played football in true hardwork not goodluck.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us Boko Haram.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us unprecedented corruption.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us paralysis of the university education.

Goodluck Jonathan: brought us kidnappers, suicide bombers, thieves, looters, and uncountable loss of lives across the nation.

Goodluck Jonathan> brought us air accidents never seen or heard before in this country.

What a name! What a disgrace, what a curse!
All you listed are products of your jaundiced and terribly battered imagination. We are talking of things that can be objectively determined here. All you listed are problems inherited by GEJ and he is battling to solve many before 2015 and all before 2019.

By the way, as far as I am concerned, ban or no ban is meaningless to me. I dont care about any useless ban or threat of it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by 99100(m): 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
When things go wrong, you blame GEJ but when things go well, you try to dissociate GEJ completly from it. You'r truely sick and hateful

Exactly!
We have never had it better in sport than in GEJ time.
#Fresh Air in Sport#
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Afam4eva banned me for 3 days. He succumbed to blackmail and pressure from Tinubu dogs. I added 4 days to the 3 days ban and took 1 week break off NL. I'm sure Tinubu dogs will be so glad to see me again
Did your Principals continue paying you in peanuts and crumbs when you were forced to take this time off of work?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Demdem(m): 3:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Goon, corruption is booming in Naija, I appreciate Jonathan for this.
Again, Jonathan had no input to the success of the field, fools like u will think otherwise.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by ow11(m): 6:25am On Nov 10, 2013
wh[quote author=99/100]
Exactly!
#Fresh Air in Sport#[/]

Lies!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: What Is In A Name? by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2013
99/100:

Exactly!
#Fresh Air in Sport#

If I'd never read Animal Farm I'd have been unable to tell that you sound like a Dense-In-The-Head Sheep.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Secrets Of Sports Betting Business That Nobody Else Will Tell You / Open An Online Soccer Betting Account On Nairabet / Rio 2016 Celebrations: Victorious Athletes On Their Way Back Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.