Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. (1708 Views)

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / Enquiry: Is Mr. Gospel o. Anyatonwu's Money Making Scheme Real? / Fish Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
I am thinking of starting wither of the two, I like dogs but I don't own one, so I am thinking of buying some high breed dogs for start up. Also contemplating fish farming .

I am sure there r some experts here, who have experience in this area.

My start up capital is 600k to venture into any of the 2 businesses, so I will like to know if it is possible, and if so , which is more lucrative? I will also like to knw what is involved in the business.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by Civory(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Add me 293794ED let me give you heads up
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Civory: Add me 293794ED let me give you heads up

Pls let us start here first, will add when the time is right. Any information u give will be valuable to others. Thanks
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by Civory(m): 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
When you are ready you add. Later
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Civory: When you are ready you add. Later

Sure, anyone else willing to have an open discussion on this subject?
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by clip: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dogs should be better because of your capital.
Fish needs more attention. Since you love Dogs go for it.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
clip: Dogs should be better because of your capital.
Fish needs more attention. Since you love Dogs go for it.

Which breeds is advisable for startup?
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by uboma(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
@ op, i think your location should be of paramount importance here in deciding which of the two will be lucrative. Are there competitors around you? Do a feasibility study on each of the planned ventures and decide on your own which will be okay for you. All the best and please keep us updated.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
uboma: @ op, i think your location should be of paramount importance here in deciding which of the two will be lucrative. Are there competitors around you? Do a feasibility study on each of the planned ventures and decide on your own which will be okay for you. All the best and please keep us updated.

The competition is not the problem for now, I am waiting for someone who has experience in either of the 2 areas to shed some light on the requirements and we can do a comparison.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by nicogen: 5:47am On Nov 09, 2013
I am Nicogen under nairaland and u can check my few post under NYSC as well. I run and agro allied company with my advert on olx.com under classes/other classes/agroallied. I av over 5yrs experience on both. The only suggestion i will giv u is that u must consider some factors b4 doing any and one of the factors is the marketing channel of yours together with your location apart from your level of information knowledge about the two skill
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 9:36am On Nov 09, 2013
nicogen: I am Nicogen under nairaland and u can check my few post under NYSC as well. I run and agro allied company with my advert on olx.com under classes/other classes/agroallied. I av over 5yrs experience on both. The only suggestion i will giv u is that u must consider some factors b4 doing any and one of the factors is the marketing channel of yours together with your location apart from your level of information knowledge about the two skill

Can u shed some light on what either of the 2 requires.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 3:25am On Nov 10, 2013
still waiting.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2013
I laughed when you said you love dogs but don't own one. In my younger days I bred and sold dogs. Its a niche market and don't be fooled that its less time demanding.
Get trained or understudy. Get a job as cleaner or whatever at kennel. That way you learn the ropes and avoid costly mistakes. Build your network. Then you can start.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
If I asked you now that I need a dog as companion and guard dog. But live in an appartment with other 9 neighbours...leave home at 7 and don't return till seven. Have busy weekends with occassional relatives visiting and staying a couple of days which includes my nosy but favourite 59 year old aunt. Which breed, age will you reccomend and why.
If you can't answer that question easily the you aint ready.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
kolokolobi: If I asked you now that I need a dog as companion and guard dog. But live in an appartment with other 9 neighbours...leave home at 7 and don't return till seven. Have busy weekends with occassional relatives visiting and staying a couple of days which includes my nosy but favourite 59 year old aunt. Which breed, age will you reccomend and why.
If you can't answer that question easily the you aint ready.

lol I am a novice thats why I am here. since u know more why not elaborate . and let others learn. I am sure someother person with knowledge in fish farming can join.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
That's why I said you should learn the ropes first. Find a job in s kennel so you know what its like taking care of dogs. Or make yourself available as a trainee with a mentor then you'll be ready and sure that's a business you can and wanna do.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 1:57am On Nov 11, 2013
kolokolobi: That's why I said you should learn the ropes first. Find a job in s kennel so you know what its like taking care of dogs. Or make yourself available as a trainee with a mentor then you'll be ready and sure that's a business you can and wanna do.

I cant get a job at a kennel, I have someone who can help me with the feeding amd cleaning etc.

want to get advice from experienced pple in the area. tyoe of dogs or fishes to start with. profit, duration etc.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by wealthinfos(m): 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2013
You can give Snail Farming a try. The process is so simple and very low capital intensive. Get more details here: www.snailfarmingng..com
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by chucky234(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Dog breeding is more profitable and you dont need to be a cleaner at any kennel to breed dog,all you need is unconditional love for dogs.
You can start with just two dogs (a male and a female) either of caucasian or bullmastiff which can do well in an apartment with spacious rooms and compound. Dont buy adult dogs but get pups and bring them up in your apartment as companion dogs and not guard dogs as that will make them friendly and not violent.
Avoid breeds like rott,pit and boerboel as they need experience to breed, caucasian and mastiff or GSD will certainly give you less stress to care for but GSD barks alot and would certainly be a concern for your neighbours.
Make sure the pups are vaccinated,well fed and always give them growth supplements like goat milk(sold in dog shops) and vitamins.
Pups can be fed twice or thrice a day while adult dogs once or twice a day.
I own a male and female caucasian and both lives inside my house with my family,they are part of the family.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
@chucky234...the intention was to give him an opportunity at tutelage. I have bred and sold dogs in my younger days and have two 4year olds currently that I've had since they were 2weeks old. To like sell him to the dogs in a manner of speaking maybe like taking a voyage without any idea about sailing.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by chucky234(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
kolokolobi: @chucky234...the intention was to give him an opportunity at tutelage. I have bred and sold dogs in my younger days and have two 4year olds currently that I've had since they were 2weeks old. To like sell him to the dogs in a manner of speaking maybe like taking a voyage without any idea about sailing.
Like I said he doesnt need to attend breeding classes to own a dog,I have owned GSD,boerboel,Lhasa apso and presently own two caucasian yet never taken any lecture on how to train dogs.
Google is there for him to get info on any breed of dog and training.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
@chucky234.......I pass. There's no way im gonna start out on a limb without requisite knowledge. A hobby yes but business its a no no for me.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by chucky234(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2013
kolokolobi: @chucky234.......I pass. There's no way im gonna start out on a limb without requisite knowledge. A hobby yes but business its a no no for me.
The purpose is for the dogs to produce offsprings which you exchange for money,whether it is for hobby or business dogs will always produce pups no matter where they are being raised.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by kolokolobi(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2013
And you are convinced that the business starts and ends at that. I disagree by a mile.
Re: Fish Farming And Dog Breeding Which Is Mr Lucrative. by mekaboy(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
chucky234: Dog breeding is more profitable and you dont need to be a cleaner at any kennel to breed dog,all you need is unconditional love for dogs.
You can start with just two dogs (a male and a female) either of caucasian or bullmastiff which can do well in an apartment with spacious rooms and compound. Dont buy adult dogs but get pups and bring them up in your apartment as companion dogs and not guard dogs as that will make them friendly and not violent.
Avoid breeds like rott,pit and boerboel as they need experience to breed, caucasian and mastiff or GSD will certainly give you less stress to care for but GSD barks alot and would certainly be a concern for your neighbours.
Make sure the pups are vaccinated,well fed and always give them growth supplements like goat milk(sold in dog shops) and vitamins.
Pups can be fed twice or thrice a day while adult dogs once or twice a day.
I own a male and female caucasian and both lives inside my house with my family,they are part of the family.

Thank you very much i appreciate. How long does it take to start reproduction and how many can a female deliver at once?, also does the breeds u mentioned smell ?i know Alsatians have this smell, i am not sure all dogs smell the same.

(1) (Reply)

Trading In Cosmetics Products In Nigeria - Part 2 / Top 3 Earners From MMM And Co. / 3D Mink Lashes Manufacturer,silk Eyelashes Supplier,mink Eyelashes Wholesaler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.