Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. (1407 Views)

Clara Chime Packs-out Of Enugu Govt House, Opens Up / "Imprisoned" Enugu First Lady, Clara Chime, Hires Falana To Secure Her Release / Clara Chime Under House-Arrest Imposed By Gov. Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by octaviusesse(m): 8:18am On Nov 09, 2013
The National Human Rights Commission, paid a visit to the Enugu state Governor and his family to ascertain the true nature of things between the Governor and his Wife.

The five-man team led by the Executive Secretary of the Commission, Bem Angwe, released an interim report, stating that the issue was as a result of disagreement between the governor and his wife“over the procedure for the treatment of her health challenges, which border on occasional hallucinations and depression.”

The report , says that the Enugu first Lady has been confined to her apartment for the past two weeks for medical reasons. It says, it spent more than seven hours interviewing the Governor, Sullivan Chime, his wife and other family members, domestic staff and security aides in the Government House Enugu.
Sources say, the governor told the Human Rights Commission, that his wife had to be confined to her quarters because of her violent tendencies. The Governor further said, that his wife may have brought in "ritualist" to the governor's official resident to perform some diabolic acts, during his absence..... Read More http://www.searchlightnigeria.com/2013/11/human-rights-commission-lied-they-took.html
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by simpleseyi: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2013
Petition: Rights commission releases report on Chime’s wife

The National Human Rights Commission on Friday released a preliminary report on its investigations into complaints of rights abuse raised by Clara, the wife of Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime.

The commission reported that the bone of contention between Chime and his wife is a disagreement over the procedure for the treatment of her occasional hallucinations and depression.

In a petition written on her behalf by human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN, Clara had accused the governor of illegal detention.

Following the petition, the NHRC had written Chime, demanding access to his wife.

The Executive Secretary of the NHRC, Prof. Bem Angwe, informed journalists on Friday that a five-man investigative panel from the commission met with the major characters in the unfolding drama at the Enugu State Government House on Thursday.

According to Angwe, the commission held private discussions with Chime, the complainant, Clara; the governor’s sibling, Dr. Jide Chime; the First Lady’s physician, Dr. Aham Agumoh, as well as her elder brother, Tony Igwe.

The NHRC team also spoke to one Dr. A. Uzegu, a London-based consultant psychiatrist and forensic examiner, who is the doctor preferred by Clara, through teleconference.

Disclosing details of the initial findings, Angwe confirmed that for the last two weeks, Clara had been confined to her apartment on medical advice for purposes of medical maintenance and security.

But he added that the governor’s wife admitted having possession and control of keys to her apartment.

Angwe said the apartment was inspected by his team.

He further disclosed that the NHRC learnt that the First Lady was allowed access to her son after his school and lesson hours.

He also noted that, despite her health condition, Clara was conscious of her environment and related well with those she encountered.

Angwe said, “Yesterday, I led a team of investigators to the Government House, Enugu, and we were granted unhindered access to both Mrs. Chime and her apartment in the Government House.

“The investigating team held a five-hour meeting with Governor Chime, Mrs. Chime, Dr. Jide Chime (the governor’s sibling), Dr. Aham Agumoh (who has been treating Mrs. Chime) and Tony Igwe (the complainant’s elder brother) during which the complainant had an opportunity to state her case and also respond to the issues raised by her husband.

“Dr. A. Uzegu, a London-based consultant psychiatrist and forensic examiner, who is the doctor the complainant prefers, also joined the meeting through teleconference.”

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/petition-rights-commission-releases-report-on-chimes-wife/
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by ifex370(m): 8:47am On Nov 09, 2013
mods... Move it to fp...
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 09, 2013
Human rights commission indeed! you mean they can't advocate for an independent medical/scientific examination for the lady to determine her mental state? They had to resort to interviewing the politician governor? shocked They also had to issue a statement without scientific backing?! Brown envelopes mun be @ work!
Even if she has an ailment, is the Enugu govt house a medical facility? Who gave him the authority to lock her up even if its for 5 seconds against her will, even with her consent it will still be illegal!

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by tpia5: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2013
Did you miss the part about the doctor joining the meeting?
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by jamace(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2013
So, we have a sick husband and a sick wife occupying the Government House? Hmn. Hope the state purse is not sick too?

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Oga independent doctor....outside the influence of the Governor!

tpia@:
Did you miss the part about the doctor joining the meeting?
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 09, 2013
undecided
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2013
'The Rich also cry' with all the stolen billions, a cancer riddened husband and a mentally deranged wife, this could make a good nollywood movie. am an atheist but sometimes i agree with the bible, "all is vanity"
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by dridowu: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Husband = Cancer = Hospital
Wife = Mental Disorder = Room Confinement
May God help ds woman
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 09, 2013
How are we sure that man doesn't have HIV/AIDS and has infected the poor woman hence the acute depression?
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Boss13: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
I don't understand the ranting. What does Chime's Wife wants? She wants to go out and visit friends or is she tired of the marriage? From the look of things, I just don't understand. Her behaviour does not sound rational. If she is tired of the marriage, she should scream and seek for divorce.
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by tpia5: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
smartchoice: Oga independent doctor....outside the influence of the Governor!

Ok, they are bringing in a panel of doctors to assess the situation.

Happy now?
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by egift(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
I want to offer Thanks to Sahara Reporters for having the courage to break this Development. At least now with attention on the matter, Mrs Clara Chime can get some decent healthcare.

Thank You Sahara Reporters!

4 Likes

Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
The woman is mentally unstable nah. Everyone in enugu knows this
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by fatherab1: 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
O.T.I.S:
'The Rich also cry' with all the stolen billions, a cancer riddened husband and a mentally deranged wife, this could make a good nollywood movie. am an atheist but sometimes i agree with the bible, "all is vanity"

Just give your life to Christ!
You are not an Atheist!!!
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by abuc: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
I'm actually feeling for Governor Chime. The report that he lock up his wife is false and was executed according to plan.
Little wonder Falana have to petition Human Rights Commission few days the report was publish by Sahara Reporters. It was a deal well executed.

From all indication's, Clara Chime has some health challenges and no good husband will allow her wife with some Health challenges that could attract mockery to the family roam about and make known to the world her health status. Not to talk about the first lady of a state. I had information from Insiders that claim Clara mother actually contacted Falana.

In reality, Clara movement was restricted due to her health challenges and her family especially her mum did not like the idea. According to Chime, both Families will soon meet and discuss the way forward. This is a family issue and will only be settled as such. No intruder will be accepted.
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2013
She should be taken out of that house into a neutral environment...her stressor might be in that house.

tpia@:

Ok, they are bringing in a panel of doctors to assess the situation.

Happy now?
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by tpia1: 3:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ok then, they should do that.
Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by oliidell(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
I just don't get dis gist. What was her mental state when Chime married her? Has she always been challenged or did her probs start in the Gov's Lodge? Something is obviously going on, and I have a strong conviction that that poor lady is the victim oof some diabolical game. God help her.

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Commission Lied, They Took Bribe From My Husband - Mrs Clara Chime. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
on point!

oliidell: I just don't get dis gist. What was her mental state when Chime married her? Has she always been challenged or did her probs start in the Gov's Lodge? Something is obviously going on, and I have a strong conviction that that poor lady is the victim oof some diabolical game. God help her.

(1) (Reply)

APC Members Protest In Ibadan Over Anambra Election. / Boko Haram Overwhelming Adamawa, Ngilari A PDP Governor Cries Out / Lagos APC Aspirants Set For Gov Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.